Drugmaxing: The medications that change who we are

SixFootManlet

SixFootManlet

Kraken
Interesting article from the BBC:

“Patient Five” was in his late 50s when a trip to the doctors changed his life.

He had diabetes, and he had signed up for a study to see if taking a “statin” – a kind of cholesterol-lowering drug – might help. So far, so normal.

But soon after he began the treatment, his wife began to notice a sinister transformation. A previously reasonable man, he became explosively angry and – out of nowhere – developed a tendency for road rage. During one memorable episode, he warned his family to keep away, lest he put them in hospital.

Drugs are the only guaranteed way to achieve low-inhib. This guy did it unintentionally.

Antidepressants may not just lighten moods, they may also reduce expressions of neuroticism, research suggests
In other words, they might make you slightly less autistic.

From paracetamol (known as acetaminophen in the US) to antihistamines, statins, asthma medications and antidepressants, there’s emerging evidence that they can make us impulsive, angry, or restless, diminish our empathy for strangers, and even manipulate fundamental aspects of our personalities, such as how neurotic we are.
Lifefuel.

Back in 2011, a French father-of-two sued the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, claiming that the drug he was taking for Parkinson’s disease had turned him into a gambler and gay sex addict, and was responsible for risky behaviours that had led to him being raped.
Guess which drug this was? Ropinirole (brand name: Requip). It's similar to caber.

Here's more info on the guy and his lawsuit:

Then in 2015, a man who targeted young girls on the internet used the argument that the anti-obesity drug Duromine made him do it – he said that it reduced his ability to control his impulses. Every now and again, murderers try to blame sedatives or antidepressants for their offences.
Interesting. Reduced control of impulses is the very definition of low-inhib.

Even fruit flies start fighting if you mess up their serotonin levels, but it also has some unpleasant effects in people – studies have linked it to violence, impulsivity, suicide and murder.
Too much focus is given on dopamine in PSL circles and not enough on serotonin.

lowering the animals’ cholesterol seemed to affect their levels of serotonin

If statins were affecting people’s brains, this was likely to be a direct consequence of their ability to lower cholesterol.

Several studies have supported a potential link between irritability and statins, including a randomised controlled trial involving more than 1,000 people. It found that the drug increased aggression in post-menopausal women though, oddly, not in men.
Too bad it didn't effect men. Otherwise statins would officially be a part of the low-inhibmaxing stack.

Golomb remains convinced that lower cholesterol, and, by extension, statins, can cause behavioural changes in both men and women, though the strength of the effect varies drastically from person to person.

“Even adjusting for confounding factors, it was still the case that people with lower cholesterol at baseline were significantly more likely to be arrested for violent crimes.”.
Just lower your cholestrol theory.

Mischkowski’s own research has uncovered a sinister side-effect of paracetamol. For a long time, scientists have known that the drug blunts physical pain by reducing activity in certain brain areas, such as the insular cortex, which plays an important role in our emotions. These areas are involved in our experience of social pain, too – and intriguingly, paracetamol can make us feel better after a rejection.

painkillers might be making it harder to experience empathy

paracetamol significantly reduces our ability to feel positive empathy – a result with implications for how the drug is shaping the social relationships of millions of people every day.
The participants in the study took 1,000 mg paracetamol.

Technically, paracetamol isn’t changing our personalities, because the effects only last a few hours and few of us take it continuously.
But guess what does change your brain permanently? Propranolol:
Combining prop with Paracetamol might be the secret to permanently change your high-inhib personality. Of course this stack should not be taken in the long term because paracetamol, unlike prop, isn't good for the liver.

scientists have known for a while that the medications used to treat asthma are sometimes associated with behavioural changes, such as an increase in hyperactivity and the development of ADHD symptoms.

asthma medications bring on ADHD symptoms by altering levels or serotonin or inflammatory chemicals, which are thought to be involved in the development of both conditions.

“We found that massive changes in neuroticism were brought about by the medicine and not very much at all by the placebo [or the therapy],” says Robert DeRubeis.

The big surprise was that, though the antidepressants did make the participants feel less depressed, the reduction in neuroticism was much more powerful – and their influence on neuroticism was independent of their impact on depression. The patients on antidepressants also started to score more highly for extroversion.
You read the last sentence? Just taking SSRIs was making them extroverted.

There’s solid evidence that the drug L-dopa, which is used to treat Parkinson’s disease, increases the risk of Impulse Control Disorders (ICDs) – a group of problems that make it more difficult to resist temptations and urges.
This article is a treasure trove of low-inhibmaxing drugs.

Interesting discussion about the article over at HN:

• +1
Reactions: wristcel, DarknLost, BlackPillChad and 5 others
Not a word bro I promise you

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and PenileFacialSurgery
Form is dead right now but following tbh

article from leftist BBC

= dont read

Screenshot 2020 01 07 02 37 20 522 comgoogleandroidappsdocs
Screenshot 2020 01 07 02 45 42 063 comgoogleandroidappsdocs

Fuck antidepressants. MDMA or maybe cocaine mogs

• +1
Reactions: prgfromnl
I think drugs effects on behavior is underrated

Humans have a tendency to behave in a certain way and hardly learn with experiences, this explain why there have some bluepilled cucks while life throw blackpills under everyone throats

• +1
Reactions: SixFootManlet
fuck bro, now im scared of taking caber, dont want to end up addict to gambling or a homo. FUAAAAARK.

• +1
I want to change my Dna

• +1
Reactions: anti caking agents

Drugs are the only guaranteed way to achieve low-inhib. This guy did it unintentionally.

Lifefuel.

Guess which drug this was? Ropinirole (brand name: Requip). It's similar to caber.

Too bad it didn't effect men. Otherwise statins would officially be a part of the low-inhibmaxing stack.

Combining prop with Paracetamol might be the secret to permanently change your high-inhib personality. Of course this stack should not be taken in the long term because paracetamol, unlike prop, isn't good for the liver.

All useless information without seeing the data.

Zoloft turned me into a zombie. Took away all emotions and motivation.

It actually did help with depression a bit though.

• +1
i dont mix well with drugs other than roids/alcohol/caffeine

almost died and had severe hallucinations for 2 weeks after being prescribed a common drug fml

• +1
Anti depressants and those alike sometimes have profound effects that are documented on the endocrine system.

When there are countless anecdotes of testosterone and other male hormones taking a bit of a dip with those medications - whole communities of the manosphere will immediately shun them and associate them with a Djinn, never to be spoken of or considered again; irregardless of their other benefits

Ideally you want to do some type of exposure therapy where your brain adjusts. But the trial period and learning curve leading up to getting comfortable is too brutal for most men.

• +1
MDMA and phenibut+alcohol, on the other hand, obliterate my inhibitions. Did try weed on alcohol - no difference at all. Tried modafinil on alcohol and the only difference I noticed was my alcohol tolerance increased by 10x.
Interesting. Alcohol on its own doesn't do anything for my inhibitions. Haven't tried phenibut or MDMA yet.
had severe hallucinations for 2 weeks
For real? The drugs I've tried (except modafinil - although I take that for productivity) have been a massive let down the first time I've taken them. I always expect the first time to be a radically different experience compared to normal life. But the experience after is always, "meh".

Ideally you want to do some type of exposure therapy where your brain adjusts. But the trial period and learning curve leading up to getting comfortable is too brutal for most men.
Exposure therapy without drugs is useless. Propranolol with exposure therapy is top tier I swear. That study about eliminating fear of spiders with exposure therapy combined with 50mg propranolol is legit. I've tried that myself on various things that I used to be anxious about and it's helped me a ton. Sadly, anxiety is only a very small part of inhibition.

However yes, of course with medication it’s optimized. Do you mean things like public presentations, job interviews etc? Like that type of anxiety with that medication?

It can be anything - from presentations to swimming (swimming used to be one of my biggest fears). Mind you prop isn't something you'd take every day, just one 50mg dose after every 'exposure' to your fear.

With traditional exposure therapy the trigger itself is still there - your brain just learns to override it with enough conditioning and habituation. But it can come back. Combined with propranolol your brain literally forgets it had the fear** in the first place.

**I mean cognitively you still know you had that fear but I'm talking at a subconscious level here.

• +1
Reactions: KEy21
i honestly think testostertone is the only think many ppl need

antidepressants specifically ssris make you numb , they affect your inhibitions but also your attachment to others. It's better than benzos long term for anxiety but not feeling any emotions isn't really good. Obviously if you have severe depression its better to feel nothing instead, but a psycopath like state isn't a good idea. People commit suicide while on srri for this reason, srris can supress survival instincts like fear etc .

I've been on and off ssris for years .

I wanna try SSRI's. CJtheassender sings their praises quite a lot

I'm gonna try low dose 2cb this weekend when i'm out drinking to see if it lowers my inhibitions

Statins can cause ED and reduce testosterone. Low t = more angry and irritable, harder to control emotions = the opposite of what you'd want to become "low inhib"

• +1
Reactions: Shottrue

Lifefuel.

lowering your cholesterol is horribe for you, its what your testosterone is made from. A lot of these behaviors are negative with a seemingly positive trait being taken out of context
Ray Peat forum/certain people in that caste seem to think serotonin is more of a autism form of disinhibition. Not a masculine/confidence stance but more of a mentally dumb/ negative behavior.
I'm not very inhibited, i think working out to a muscular body and increasing social standing and taking risks help reduce inhibition in a positive way.

Last edited: