Effects Of Vitamin K1

Selinity

Selinity

Zephir
There's a lot of talk on here about vitamin K2, but what about vitamin K1?

I would like to know what are it's effects, how does it impact growth (if at all it does,) and how it differs from vitamin K2.

tagging for iq: @Kingkellz @thecel @Toska @spark

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197, Deleted member 10913, coolguy1 and 2 others
Interesting but I doubt it does much in this context judging by the fact I've never seen it mentioned

Attachments

• discord admin.jpeg
    discord admin.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 60
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 10913, volcelfatcel, thecel and 1 other person
It's called vitamin K because at some point some German guy discovered it helped with coagulation and in German it's something like 'koagulent' or whatever. From what I know supraphysiological doses do not have any sort of positive effect on anything. The reason people like K2 on this forum is because they believe it helps with bone formation, but I have never found any sort of evidence to support this. There is no reason to believe that additional vitamin K2 does anything at all: your body converts K1 to K2, and although supplement salesmen would like you to believe that 'it converts sufficient amounts for general health purposes but not enough for optimal health purposes/benefits', there is no research to back this up, save for one study somewhere in men aged 70+ and even there the research is shoddy (you can find this study in the links provided below) and not replicated.

If you are interested in reading more, check out this link: https://examine.com/nutrition/supplementing-vitamin-k/

If you are interested in research about vitamin K, check out this: https://examine.com/supplements/vitamin-k/

Anecdotally, I've supplemented with 360mg daily of MK-4 and MK-7, and have noticed no changes over the span of the better part of a year, except for in my wallet.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, HighTierNormie, Deleted member 13197 and 3 others
IMG 7643
You referring to me? :feelswah: @Bill Bruce

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
@thecel is scaring me rn

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 12.12.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 12.12.50 PM.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 45
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel
It's called vitamin K because at some point some German guy discovered it helped with coagulation and in German it's something like 'koagulent' or whatever. From what I know supraphysiological doses do not have any sort of positive effect on anything. The reason people like K2 on this forum is because they believe it helps with bone formation, but I have never found any sort of evidence to support this. There is no reason to believe that additional vitamin K2 does anything at all: your body converts K1 to K2, and although supplement salesmen would like you to believe that 'it converts sufficient amounts for general health purposes but not enough for optimal health purposes/benefits', there is no research to back this up, save for one study somewhere in men aged 70+ and even there the research is shoddy (you can find this study in the links provided below) and not replicated.

If you are interested in reading more, check out this link: https://examine.com/nutrition/supplementing-vitamin-k/

If you are interested in research about vitamin K, check out this: https://examine.com/supplements/vitamin-k/

Anecdotally, I've supplemented with 360mg daily of MK-4 and MK-7, and have noticed no changes over the span of the better part of a year, except for in my wallet.
360mg wtf bro? You didn't get chest pain/headaches? I got a pretty bad headache and some chest pain the day after taking just about 15mg mk4.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Deleted member 13197 and thecel

Theoretically, megadosing VitK could be beneficial post bimax or some other surgery, correct?

Anecdotally I have seemed to have gotten some benefit from K2 MK4. It opened up my breathing just days after starting to take it. Maybe I had been depositing too much calcium in my arteries from being low on it. I think a lot of people don't covert enough K1 to K2 and will probably be short on it if their diet doesn't contain much of it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
Anecdotally I have seemed to have gotten some benefit from K2 MK4. It opened up my breathing just days after starting to take it. Maybe I had been depositing too much calcium in my arteries from being low on it. I think a lot of people don't covert enough K1 to K2 and will probably be short on it if their diet doesn't contain much of it.
You also need to take K2 MK4 with Vitamin D3 supps to get the best results

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Deleted member 13543 and Lawton88
never heard it talked about once.

How much did you take?

How much did you take?
Not much - two 100mcg pills a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. Its best to take them when eating something that has some fat supposedly to absorb it better.

that is materially wrong and intellectually disingenuous
jfl at picking some normie reddit tier blogsite

read every page of this and tell me vitamin mk4 doesnt have action on osteoclasts and osteoblasts

now analyse asiatic diets high in vitamin k2
eg japa, korea
consider robust northern european...
why do they have such high FWHR and bizygomatic breadth?
could it be something to do with natto, a traditional Japanese dish of fermented soybeans, sauerkraut, dairy products, especially hard cheeses?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis and Selinity
360mg wtf bro? You didn't get chest pain/headaches? I got a pretty bad headache and some chest pain the day after taking just about 15mg mk4.
mcg, my bad

Theoretically, megadosing VitK could be beneficial post bimax or some other surgery, correct?
i have no idea

that is materially wrong and intellectually disingenuous
jfl at picking some normie reddit tier blogsite

read every page of this and tell me vitamin mk4 doesnt have action on osteoclasts and osteoblasts

now analyse asiatic diets high in vitamin k2
eg japa, korea
consider robust northern european...
why do they have such high FWHR and bizygomatic breadth?
could it be something to do with natto, a traditional Japanese dish of fermented soybeans, sauerkraut, dairy products, especially hard cheeses?
and for what reason do we want interaction with osteoclasts/-blasts? similarly I don't see the relevance of the last study

mcg, my bad

i have no idea

and for what reason do we want interaction with osteoclasts/-blasts? similarly I don't see the relevance of the last study
'OSTEOBLASTS are the cells that form new bone. They also come from the bone marrow and are related to structural cells. They have only one nucleus. Osteoblasts work in teams to build bone. They produce new bone called "osteoid" which is made of bone collagen and other protein.' https://depts.washington.edu/bonebio/bonAbout/bonecells.html#:~:text=OSTEOBLASTS are the cells that,bone collagen and other protein.
the last study proves action of mk4 on bone cell proliferation
therefore, in conjunction with wolff's law, and vitamin d supplementation, vitamin k2 mk4 supplementation should widen the zygos and at the very least, make them denser.

In conjunction with stimulating the pi1k pathway through DNA methalation induced by glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, folic acid, Sam-E, magnesium, one could also theoretically expect to keep epiphyseal growth plates open and grow taller, or at the very least, get denser limbs.

Last edited:
greycel megathread ngl

I don't get it man. Why don't you guys just take the ray-pill already. Raypeat.com
Best diet on planet earth. eating sugar getting bitches warm extremities no insomnia getting pusy