Elastic bands pre-op?

O

onskibidi

Bronze
Should I wear my elastic bands pre bimax?

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger and NZb6Air
no nigga tf onskibidi

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: heyheyheybro22, onskibidi and BrutalMogger
Why not? Isn’t it going to prepare me for surgery
If not how am I going to fix my bite? Isn’t it looksmin
because elastic traction fixes it by recessing u somewhere else it's a looksmin, an asymmetry looksmin is worse yes but it doenst matter here since the bimax will fix the asymmetry so just wait nigga

• Hmm...
Reactions: onskibidi
because elastic traction fixes it by recessing u somewhere else it's a looksmin, an asymmetry looksmin is worse yes but it doenst matter here since the bimax will fix the asymmetry so just wait nigga
Nope. This is a myth made my Mike JEW. Especially if you’re past the age of 16 when your sutures are fused.

• +1
Reactions: watah
open pubmed before replying to me
Post evidence then. Everything I’ve read proves my point past the age of 16/17 barring extractions PLUS elastics ( which is not due to recession but rather bone density loss due to lack of teeth support).

I’ll wait.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: onskibidi and Saint Casanova

Attachments

• 64A1907D-3592-40D8-ADAB-5EA4E4CF893C.jpeg
    64A1907D-3592-40D8-ADAB-5EA4E4CF893C.jpeg
    599.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: onskibidi and NZb6Air
Does the same issues apply with intra oral elastics like this ?
yes because it's not purely lateral, there's still anterior/posterior movement, however it's still better to fix asymmetry and getting mini 1% recession if u're not getting bimax

• +1
yes because it's not purely lateral, there's still anterior/posterior movement, however it's still better to fix asymmetry and getting mini 1% recession if u're not getting bimax
What are your thoughts on MSE for palatal expansion. Is it a looksmax or a min overall ?

• +1
What are your thoughts on MSE for palatal expansion. Is it a looksmax or a min overall ?
it doesn't do anything, unless better smile aesthetic or if u're giga recessed latearlly

• +1
it doesn't do anything, unless better smile aesthetic or if u're giga recessed latearlly
Yes for better smile aesthetics. However I’ve heard there’s a risk that it could result in Asymmetry. Is this true ?

• +1
Yes for better smile aesthetics. However I’ve heard there’s a risk that it could result in Asymmetry. Is this true ?
it's just gonna exacerbate existing asymmetry, it won't cause it unless there was an error during placement or some shit

the actual concern is that the device fails

• Hmm...
  • +1
it's just gonna exacerbate existing asymmetry, it won't cause it unless there was an error during placement or some shit

the actual concern is that the device fails
Is MSE still the best method to get a broader smile or are there alternatives?

• Hmm...
Reactions: onskibidi
Good idea to showthis to my ortho? Idk what it says
I tried arguing with him last time but he destroyed me

What else do you think I should tell him?
what is u yapping about my nigga? if you have asymmetry, the bimax will take care of it , yay or nay?

what is u yapping about my nigga? if you have asymmetry, the bimax will take care of it , yay or nay?
No I was telling him elastics are gonna recess me and that someone from looksmax told me
But he told me they don’t, I’ll have to ask him what he thinks of this study of course