Elements of a Good Voice: Pitch Is Overrated

thecel

thecel

morph king
A good voice consists of 2 things: pitch and tone/timbre. Pitch is, obviously, the fundamental frequency of the sound waves produced by your voice. Tone, or timbre, is a very broad topic; it's basically how your voice sounds—your voice's texture. Yeah, I know, real specific. Depth is one aspect of vocal tone, and one of—if not the—most important. Depth, as in "deep voice."
  • Key Point #1: Deep Voice ≠ Low Voice.
  • Key Point #2: Vocal tone, and thus depth, is more important than pitch.
  • Key Point #3: Too low can be bad if it isn't deep enough.
Having a low-pitched voice does not mean you have a deep voice. The most important element of an attractive male voice is deepness. The deeper the better. On the other hand, pitch doesn't matter much unless it's extremely high. A low-pitched voice can actually be a bad thing if it's not accompanied with adequate depth.

For example, I have a sort of low-pitched voice without very much depth. My vocal tone is also pretty bad.

Compare Aaron Marino (alpha m.)'s voice to mine:

Alpha m.'s voice is higher in pitch, but it sounds better than my low voice because of its tone. Here, the pitch doesn't determine the mog. Alpha m. voicemogs me despite me having the lower voice.

Tone > Pitch

Who has a great-sounding, deep voice? None other than the Internet's favorite singer: Rick Astley!

Rick Astley has a deep voice that's capable of singing at high pitches, which is a rare and acoustically pleasing combination.

Here's me singing the beginning part of Never Gonna Give You Up:

I actually sang it at an octave lower than Rick. That's half the frequency.

This is how high Rick Astley really sang it:

It's the same pitch as Rick, but my voice is so much less deep. My chest voice doesn't even go as high as Rick's, so I had to sing "so do I" in falsetto.

Depth > Pitch

As stated previously, high-pitched voices can sound better than low-pitched voices if the low voice lacks depth.

Justin Bieber in "Baby" is a supreme example of this. His voice at 16 years old (I'm 16) was so much higher than mine that I can barely hit any of the notes he naturally could sing.

Justin's voice (plus his face) attracted girls.

Trying to sing the song at a low pitch to sound more masculine just results in a shit sound:

Sounds like crap, doesn't it?

High pitch + good tone > low pitch + bad tone

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 62709, laaltin, It'snotover and 16 others
Ideal voice

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mathis, Deleted member 14867, thecel and 15 others
A good voice consists of 2 things: pitch and tone. Pitch is, obviously, the fundamental frequency of the sound waves produced by your voice. Tone is a very broad topic; it's basically how your voice sounds. Yeah, I know, real specific. Depth is one aspect of tone, and one of—if not the—most important. Depth, as in "deep voice."
Having a low-pitched voice does not mean you have a deep voice. The most important element of an attractive male voice is deepness. The deeper the better. On the other hand, pitch doesn't matter much unless it's extremely high. A low-pitched voice can actually be a bad thing if it's not accompanied with adequate depth.

For example, I have a sort of low-pitched voice without very much depth. My vocal tone is also pretty bad.

Alpha m.'s voice is higher in pitch, but it sounds better than my low voice because of its tone. Here, the pitch doesn't determine the mog. Alpha m. voicemogs me despite me having the lower voice.

Tone > Pitch

Who has a great-sounding deep voice? None other than the Internet's favorite singer: Rick Astley!

Rick Astley has a deep voice that's capable of singing at high pitches, which is a rare and acoustically pleasing combination.

It's the same pitch as Rick, but my voice is so much less deep.

Depth > Pitch

As stated previously, high-pitched voices can sound better than low-pitched voices if the low voice lacks depth.

Justin Bieber in "Baby" is a supreme example of this. His voice at 16 years old (I'm 16) was so much higher than mine that I can barely hit any of the notes he naturally could sing.

Trying to sing the song at a low pitch to sound more masculine just results in a shit sound:

Any way to train the tone of your voice? Or is it over?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and thecel

You can, but not drastically. Have you watched YouTube videos in which one guy does like 50 voices? You can voicefraud kind of like that.

However, there are definitely limits, and depending on your anatomy, it may indeed be over. Like I cannot possibly fraud a deep voice because my voice just ain't built for that.

• +1
Reactions: Kekee and SOS-Sonic
Search up vocal exercises on Youtube. Working on your mixed voice and developing nasal resonance is what allows one to sing higher and acquire a more please timbre.

• +1
Reactions: Kekee and thecel
The voicepill is so brutal some chads I lose all respect when I hear there voice like amnesia

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, CANI and .👽.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Mongrelcel, .👽., Deleted member 5180 and 6 others
Yeah recession doesn't really cause it. Himmler had an ultra recessed face yet sounded like a total mogger:
N7KB.gif

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Lolcel, Chintuck22 and 1 other person
A good voice consists of 2 things: pitch and tone/timbre. Pitch is, obviously, the fundamental frequency of the sound waves produced by your voice. Tone, or timbre, is a very broad topic; it's basically how your voice sounds—your voice's texture. Yeah, I know, real specific. Depth is one aspect of vocal tone, and one of—if not the—most important. Depth, as in "deep voice."

Tone > Pitch

Who has a great-sounding, deep voice? None other than the Internet's favorite singer: Rick Astley!

It's the same pitch as Rick, but my voice is so much less deep. My chest voice doesn't even go as high as Rick's, so I had to sing "so do I" in falsetto.

Depth > Pitch

did your voice get deeper? i knew one day youd mog me... fucking youngcels

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
Jfl at this video of Bieber chasing that favela rat subhuman

• JFL
Reactions: CANI, Lolcel and thecel
Ideal voice

• JFL
Reactions: godsmistake, Mongrelcel and thecel
What if your voice sounds like angry SpongeBob?

• +1
Completely agree
One attribute alone doesn't make a voice attractive like the idea circles around here often that as long as one has a deep masculine voice , its a mogger voice
Voice should be euphonious , pleasant to listen
This youtube prank video has this guy who doesnt have a deep low voice at all

Timestamp 1:07 , 1:56

look at the comments

IMG 20210311 131554
IMG 20210311 131616
IMG 20210311 131533

Also a brutal noodlewhore dickpill in the comments JFL

IMG 20210311 132156

Also the reason many artists use auto tune
Listen to enrique's voice here he had such a big JB fan base

Last edited:
  • Woah
how to get deep voice rewewrewraareweawreawreawreawrearvfdbsfdgsadgs

• JFL

Tone > Pitch

Depth > Pitch

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 12611 and thecel
My voice is the worst on this forum.. You all mog me, I'm ashamed to post my voice anywhere

• So Sad

• +1
Low pitch is good, I discovered this accidentally a long time ago, when I played with an audio editor and applied various effects to my voice. Lowering the pitch made it sound very masculine and dominant, I sound like SpongeBob when I speak normally, the problem is how to get the same effect in real life...

• +1
I know a guy with the most chad voice ever when he speaks normally it projects through the whole room

• +1

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11604
A lot of singers have naturally deeper voices but sing and talk at higher pitches to save their voice. MJ and the Weeknd are two examples out of many

• Woah