EPPLEY CONFIRMS COSMETIC OBO IS POSSIBLE (IPDCELS GTFIH)

D

Deleted member 22381

Iron
Tagging ipdcels @optimisticzoomer @Octavian_Augustus @bleksandre

I can't fucking believe Eppley of all people would be the one to confirm that a cosmetic OBO for adult patients is possible and has been done before, but here we are.

This is huge boyos. This means we could get an OBO that is not only safer but much cheaper. The hardest part will be finding someone who knows how to perform this.

Massive lifefuel.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: extremchange628181, weebcel, pcmaxing and 10 others
100k probably

• +1
Reactions: callisto

View attachment 2033938

I can't fucking believe Eppley of all people would be the one to confirm that a cosmetic OBO for adult patients is possible and has been done before, but here we are.

This is huge boyos. This means we could get an OBO that is not only safer but much cheaper. The hardest part will be finding someone who knows how to perform this.

Massive lifefuel.
Nice dude. Did you ask the question?

This is quite a tone change from him. In other threads he highly discourages OBO and here he makes it seem pretty tame. He also says he has performed it.

@LebenistneHure

I think this will interest you too?

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766

View attachment 2033938

Massive lifefuel.
Been on this site two years and am so glad I still don't know what any of those words are. Orbital? Box (like a pussy?) Osteoporosis? Wtf?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, looksforlife, BrahminBoss and 5 others
Been on this site two years and am so glad I still don't know what any of those words are. Orbital? Box (like a pussy?) Osteoporosis? Wtf?
A surgery to increase or decrease eye spacing, a really tricky failo to fix. Assumed by many to be impossible to change.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and Deleted member 24444
could save @Spinecel 's life tbh

• WTF
Reactions: Jigen
Nice dude. Did you ask the question?

This is quite a tone change from him. In other threads he highly discourages OBO and here he makes it seem pretty tame. He also says he has performed it.
I did not.

I think 99% of the time when people ask he assumes they are referencing the traditional one that requires half of your face to be peeled down from the scalp, so I don't fault him there. I'm just so relieved this modified version is actually confirmed to exist, I thought it was just speculation on behalf of @RealSurgerymax. Followup revision surgery will still be needed to correct things like the nasal bridge being widened, but the fact you shouldn't have to pay for the neurosurgeon to be there like with the transcranial version should bring down the cost a ton.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I did not.

I think 99% of the time when people ask he assumes they are referencing the traditional one that requires half of your face to be peeled down from the scalp, so I don't fault him there. I'm just so relieved this modified version is actually confirmed to exist, I thought it was just speculation on behalf of @RealSurgerymax. Followup revision surgery will still be needed to correct things like the nasal bridge being widened, but the fact you shouldn't have to pay for the neurosurgeon to be there like with the transcranial version should bring down the cost a ton.
Yeah but IDK why he wouldn't just mention this alternative in those question threads right? Surely he knows a lot of the people asking don't need a ton of modification. But whatever it's water under the bridge.

I'm like 100% sure that it was some PSL autist asking him if it's possible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27660 and callisto
lifefuel, even 4mm widening would be significat PSL boost for IPDcels like me

who the fuck needs 10mm ipd increase

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Lifefuel but puts me in a dilemma
I don't have the money for what this will likely be

Unfortunately the 180° U-Shaped Osteotomy is going to be insufficient for the full correction of hypotelorism.

From focusing on this aesthetic problem in depth for 2 years now I can say for sure that IPD is not the most important metric (It’s just the most obvious sign of the problem. ICD and LOR-to-LOR are probably more important in setting foundational landmarks for the face). The entire periorbital contour is compressed and I have even design custom periorbital implants that camoflauge this problem (but the intercanthal distance and interpupillary distance stays the same.) Leaving out the upper part of the orbit is leaving a lot on the table

35C40AA4 4AE9 4124 ACA1 6A28F86C7A60

The ultimate correction is a 360° orbital shift which has been my life’s work to devise a safe way of doing Subcranialy, through the frontal sinus, which I have:

7F5B2715 4388 46B5 9B76 BDCE9ADE2C0A

Interesting Eppley posted this since I was trying to contact him 2 weeks ago to perform this protocol on a patient with custom surgical guides to ensure maximal globe capture while maintaining a safe distance from the cranial cavity. Patient wants to stay in US. I just got replies from his staff, I have yet to talk to him about performing my modified version (it has 3 distinct modifications, one being the Subcranial nature). Hopefully he will accept the collaboration.
84A9CFB7 6F97 4749 8D0B E3DEB796F318
4D1D1FE4 D6F1 4976 BE54 A5343C4FCBD9

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Meister!, Deleted member 8771, floppa and 8 others
I don't understand though, cos I asked him a few months ago about OBO and the answer was that he didn't perform it.
IMG 20230110 113735
IMG 20230110 113754

So I don't know why he didn't mention this subcranial variety then if he had performed it before

Unfortunately the 180° U-Shaped Osteotomy is going to be insufficient for the full correction of hypotelorism.

From focusing on this aesthetic problem in depth for 2 years now I can say for sure that IPD is not the most important metric (It’s just the most obvious sign of the problem. ICD and LOR-to-LOR are probably more important in setting foundational landmarks for the face). The entire periorbital contour is compressed and I have even design custom periorbital implants that camoflauge this problem (but the intercanthal distance and interpupillary distance stays the same.) Leaving out the upper part of the orbit is leaving a lot on the table

View attachment 2034026

The ultimate correction is a 360° orbital shift which has been my life’s work to devise a safe way of doing Subcranialy, through the frontal sinus, which I have:

View attachment 2034028

Interesting Eppley posted this since I was trying to contact him 2 weeks ago to perform this protocol on a patient with custom surgical guides to ensure maximal globe capture while maintaining a safe distance from the cranial cavity. Patient wants to stay in US. I just got replies from his staff, I have yet to talk to him about performing my modified version (it has 3 distinct modifications, one being the Subcranial nature). Hopefully he will accept the collaboration.
View attachment 2034029View attachment 2034030

So according to you IPDcels can mask eyes misplacement with implants without OBO?

could save @Spinecel 's life tbh
My IPD is fine. My nose bridge is just wide + selfie distortion. By this logic, Meeks would need the same produce as his IPD is similar to mine. His higher node bridge just makes it less noticeable.

Attachments

• 78BCB0CF-3B9E-466C-85F5-7153878AAAE6.jpeg
    78BCB0CF-3B9E-466C-85F5-7153878AAAE6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Wallenberg
So according to you IPDcels can mask eyes misplacement with implants without OBO?
No, the periorbital and frontal bone contours can be made a little broader though. It’s only for people getting midface/brow implants that don’t want and will never get OBO, then I will try to fix it as much as possible with just implant.

• +1
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate
Laughs in perfect ipd.

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood and RealSurgerymax

View attachment 2034026

View attachment 2034028

And of course the reality is that the situation is much more complex than I thought JFL.

Oh well. My final verdict after driving myself insane over researching this problem for the past couple days is to simply camouflage the issue. There's actually a couple of in-depth threads on how to do this, basically the list is: creating longer eyebrow length so they extend past the edge of the eye, shaving the middle of the eyebrows to create a bigger gap, lateral cheekbone reduction, lateral orbital rim shaving, flattening the nasal bridge, increasing chin height, framing face with lower hairline and temple points, and overall just ascending the eye shape as much as you can. Obviously, it won't fix the root issue but it's good to know there are ways to minimize this failo. That IMO is enough for me, I'm just looking for feasible solutions here.

If you end up successfully pioneering a subcranial OBO technique and collaborate with Eppley to do it, god damn mad respect man. Excited to see where it goes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27660, NegativeNorwood and RealSurgerymax
GIGACHAD EPPLEY

Apologize

View attachment 2034026

View attachment 2034028

are you a surgeon?

Screen Shot 2023 01 14 at 75446 PM

Well he also mentions that it has to look so bad it's deformed. Most of the users here just look kinda bad and would get rejected.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735
View attachment 2040496
Well he also mentions that it has to look so bad it's deformed. Most of the users here just look kinda bad and would get rejected.
He has changed his tone on obo. Seems more open to it now and said it could be done in general in an email reply months ago

He has changed his tone on obo. Seems more open to it now and said it could be done in general in an email reply months ago
are u getting it done with eppley
Screen Shot 2023 01 14 at 75954 PM

View attachment 2040496
There's a longer blog style write up he has posted about the surgery and he takes a middle ground approach. Dosen't encourage it, doesnt't write it off, he simply explains how a client looking to get it will need to be very dedicated due to the magnitude of the procedure.

The thing about Eppley is that he has been known by PSL for ages now. He is so used to forum autists asking him stupid shit like "where's muh lefort 3 on local anesthesia???" that he often shuts that shit down fast. Not to mention his bread and butter is implants, so any osteotomy recommendations will be driving away his customer base. Still respect the guy, just have to put his repsonses in the proper context.

And of course the reality is that the situation is much more complex than I thought JFL.

Oh well. My final verdict after driving myself insane over researching this problem for the past couple days is to simply camouflage the issue. There's actually a couple of in-depth threads on how to do this, basically the list is: creating longer eyebrow length so they extend past the edge of the eye, shaving the middle of the eyebrows to create a bigger gap, lateral cheekbone reduction, lateral orbital rim shaving, flattening the nasal bridge, increasing chin height, framing face with lower hairline and temple points, and overall just ascending the eye shape as much as you can. Obviously, it won't fix the root issue but it's good to know there are ways to minimize this failo. That IMO is enough for me, I'm just looking for feasible solutions here.

If you end up successfully pioneering a subcranial OBO technique and collaborate with Eppley to do it, god damn mad respect man. Excited to see where it goes.
How could temples peaks and increased chin height affect peirceveid ipd ?
I was asking to myself why Zayn's and Pitt ipd looked good despite being very low, it seems like the hairline plays a big role.
And yes styling the eyebrows is extremely legit, Jordan Barrett would look much worse if it wasn't for his very wide eyebrows.

I was asking to myself why Zayn's and Pitt ipd looked good despite being very low, it seems like the hairline plays a big role.
And yes styling the eyebrows is extremely legit, Jordan Barrett would look much worse if it wasn't for his very wide eyebrows.
I was just listing off every single camouflage strategy I have come across on here, some are more legit then others. The absolute best thing one can do is try to fill in that empty space between your eyes and your temples, whether that be with long dense eyebrows or curtains hairstyle.

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad

View attachment 2034026

View attachment 2034028

What changes are observed if the IPD isn't affected? What's the point of this modified subcranial approach if it doesn't even address the issue at hand? I know I'm late but a reply would be greatly appreciated.

What changes are observed if the IPD isn't affected? What's the point of this modified subcranial approach if it doesn't even address the issue at hand? I know I'm late but a reply would be greatly appreciated.
You are confusing periorbital implants with the modified orbital Osteotomy. My version of OBO Definitely changes the IPD.

• Woah
Reactions: ItsyBitsyJayhawk
You are confusing periorbital implants with the modified orbital Osteotomy. My version of OBO Definitely changes the IPD.
Well mad respect if you end up pioneering a surgical procedure of your own. You're literally making history.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax

View attachment 2033938

Massive lifefuel.
how safe is it to increase my IPD by 5mm?

I think I look good with a low ipd. My PFL is 33mm, Inter canthal distance is 27mm. es ratio 0.45. So I need to increase IPD to 68-70mm to be ideal. dm me if u want pics