Ever notice how having standards is now seen as arrogant by most people?

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
I've noticed this for the last few years. In 2021 having standards/wanting to be exceptional and/or expecting the same of others is seen as 'elitism' and/or arrogant. And it doesn't matter in what context or setting.

Jfl the 80/20 rule is legit most people just half-ass everything and then turn into sourgrapes when the high-performers call them out for their mediocrity.

A good yet by no means the only example: People who watch what they eat and exercise.

In the past if you counted your calories and exercised people would have looked up to you. Now they will just call you an 'extremist' with an 'unhealthy' relationship with food.

Jfl the participation trophy meme is real.

• +1
Reactions: bad personality, Melo95, Lmao and 13 others

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15338
80/20 rule applies everything

So what? Most people are totally ambitionless blue collar NPCs, and that's fine for me. But if you're destined for something greater, you don't care what people think.
Dress flamboyantly, hit the gym every day, show people respect according to what they deserve. That's the key to success.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bwrauycnee, Gad, Wallenberg and 5 others
Take pride in being an arrogant badboy

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Constantin Denis, Chadeep and 3 others
Its not only NPCs irl who do this but you can observe it on this supposedly “looksmaxxing” forum also.

20% of the people here are spending effort to better themselves while 80% are actually lazy fucks who rot while calling the former group chads who should gtfo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7901, Gad, gamma and 1 other person
Its not only NPCs irl who do this but you can observe it on this supposedly “looksmaxxing” forum also.

20% of the people here are spending effort to better themselves while 80% are actually lazy fucks who rot while calling the former group chads who should gtfo
exactly fuck rotters @WontStopNorwooding

• JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy, WontStopNorwooding and gamma
to the best of the best this thread goes @Gargantuan

• JFL
Reactions: WontStopNorwooding
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224
I wonder what caused this shit change

• +1
I see this mindset very often in zoomers and it's weird asf, yet they call you weird. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck, but it's my lil bro that got this shit mentality

• +1
@Gad @disillusioned

Is is true that before ice age there used to be advanced civilizations just like us? serious. I dont remember where I watched a youtube video about this

bump, good thread

its mostly in zoomers and they dont give a shit about politics
But now every one who’s a minority or some sort of queer/victim is being celebrated and zoomers are only seen as cool if they accept them as well. What started out as compassion has evolved into some sort of anti elitist mindset

• +1
Reactions: Gad
But now every one who’s a minority or some sort of queer/victim is being celebrated and zoomers are only seen as cool if they accept them as well. What started out as compassion has evolved into some sort of anti elitist mindset
then why dont they at least be more patient with autists/incels if they're so self proclaimed good? they bash these guys like they dont mean anything

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee
zoomers aren't "compassionate" and easy on people with victim status, they're deluded, hypocrites and mentally ill, even coming from a zoomer (kinda early tho, born in 97)

Last edited:
then why dont they at least be more patient with autists/incels if they're so self proclaimed good? they bash these guys like they dont mean anything
Because the media said that incels hate women and we know how much this generation loves women

• +1
zoomers aren't "compassionate" and easy on people with victim status, they're deluded, hypocrites and mentally ill
Yeah they do it only because their dumb friends think it’s cool

• +1
it's hard even to refuse drinks/food at work

people think you don't want to socialize or that you're too hardmode with food

So what? Most people are totally ambitionless blue collar NPCs, and that's fine for me. But if you're destined for something greater, you don't care what people think.
Dress flamboyantly, hit the gym every day, show people respect according to what they deserve. That's the key to success.
There are times where normie mediocrity can harm you.

Case in point: Any sub-culture that creates content, be it games, books/novels, art etc. Look at the STEAM storefront before and after it started allowing anybody to publish their 'games' there. It's now impossible to find anything decent on the steam store unless you are willing to spend lots and lots of time going through all the garbage. As a result I rarely check out indie games on steam unless I've already heard about it from somewhere else.

It's the same with writing communities where people can self-publish. The actually good authors suffer lower visibility because most readers will just read whatever is already popular rather than browsing through dozens of horribly written stories half of who are written in broken english by non-native english speakers.

And the best part is that when they are called out on this they will just say you are being 'arrogant' and 'elitist' for feeling people should not submit their shit unless it meets certain minimum standards. I have actually had arguments with people who insist that because their writing is 'just a hobby' they don't need to know good english. Yes I'm fucking serious there are actually people who have said this to me.

• +1
Reactions: Gad and BigBiceps
There are times where normie mediocrity can harm you.

Case in point: Any sub-culture that creates content, be it games, books/novels, art etc. Look at the STEAM storefront before and after it started allowing anybody to publish their 'games' there. It's now impossible to find anything decent on the steam store unless you are willing to spend lots and lots of time going through all the garbage. As a result I rarely check out indie games on steam unless I've already heard about it from somewhere else.

It's the same with writing communities where people can self-publish. The actually good authors suffer lower visibility because most readers will just read whatever is already popular rather than browsing through dozens of horribly written stories half of who are written in broken english by non-native english speakers.

And the best part is that when they are called out on this they will just say you are being 'arrogant' and 'elitist' for feeling people should not submit their shit unless it meets certain minimum standards. I have actually had arguments with people who insist that because their writing is 'just a hobby' they don't need to know good english. Yes I'm fucking serious there are actually people who have said this to me.
That's why you should be wary of anything published in 21st century. A lot of it is just garbage.
Read classic literature, there's a lot of it.

That's why you should be wary of anything published in 21st century. A lot of it is just garbage.
Read classic literature, there's a lot of it.
There is good self-published content. It's just a pain to find.

*ugly men are seen as arrogant for having standards

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 11053