Every moment spent thinking of the past keeps you trapped in it.

MakinItHappenReturn

MakinItHappenReturn

Fire burning inside
Your body moves past an event instantly. But your mind can be stuck there forever…

Does a cat or dog worry about when it falls over and stumbles? No, it picks itself up and then continues on being a cat or dog. Only the human is conscious enough to have the folly to punish themselves in their minds over and over again for the same mistake. Most if not all of our mental anguish is due to worry about circumstances or situations that have previously happened or never will happen.

Once something is in the past, there is no need to relive it. It is gone, and now only exists as a figment of your imagination.

On a biological level your brain cannot perceive the difference between real events and imagined events - because all experience is in the mind.

If you re-imagine/remember stressful or bad situations of your past, your brain thinks you are going through it once more. Those same emotions and chemicals flood the system as if it was all happening over again. You should understand how this can be repeated and thus cemented into a pattern of thinking.

Conversely, you can imagine a positive and wonderful event or experience that hasn’t yet happened. Your brain perceives that as truth regardless, and aligns the chemicals and neurons in your body to that which happens in real life. Continued use of positive visualisation raises your body’s vibrations to a level which matches that of the perceived positive event, maximising the chances that the event manifests into reality.

It is imperative that you consciously monitor what you are spending your time thinking of - because you are directing energy to that reality.

Awareness is the first step to avoiding pain. Now that you are aware of the folly of mentally reliving past negative experiences, you can choose to leave that in the past where it belongs, and experience the beauty of the present moment and build a better future.

We are here to learn from each other and have fun along the way. Do not beat yourself up about the past, but become aware and learn from it so that you can have the future you deserve.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: saafiir fan, EverythingMaxxer, Deleted member 6128 and 109 others
@OldVirgin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
@Thompsonz funny how?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13332
True tbh, we have neocortex which seems to give us freedom, but you can fuck yourself with it

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22, Deleted member 15827, N1666 and 5 others
bookmarked, i like this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11610, Lev Peshkov and MakinItHappenReturn
Easily one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this god forsaken forum

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, horizontallytall, Basedtheticz and 7 others
@Thompsonz @BearBoy this post is what mavrodi used to say.. dont look back, past doesnt matter, keep moving (y)

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 13332
based thread

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn
Easily one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this god forsaken forum
You rn

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lygodactylus, EverythingCel133, Limbo and 17 others
@RichmondBread @Jamesothy @eduardkoopman

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and Deleted member 13332
I needed this post bro

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, thisend, MakinItHappenReturn and 1 other person
incredibly high iq

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Jason Voorhees and MakinItHappenReturn
Who would have guessed, that a post of looksmax . org would make me shed a little tear, great post bruh

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Tallooksmaxxer, thisend and 3 others
I can't stop dwelling on the past no matter what. The pain never ends.:pepefrown:

I think it is only possible if you have something positive in your life already, then it is easy to let go of things, but if you're an incel like me, then it is over.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and LOST18yearold
There will be...Sorrrow...

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1617
One of the most reality-based posters here.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, LOST18yearold, MakinItHappenReturn and 1 other person
very legit post. (y)

Conversely, you can imagine a positive and wonderful event or experience that hasn’t yet happened. Your brain perceives that as truth regardless, and aligns the chemicals and neurons in your body to that which happens in real life. Continued use of positive visualisation raises your body’s vibrations to a level which matches that of the perceived positive event, maximising the chances that the event manifests into reality.
But I think this can manifest into a daydreaming and not taking action syndrome, for some like myself

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Heguldus, MakinItHappenReturn and 1 other person
very legit post. (y)

But I think this can manifest into a daydreaming and not taking action syndrome, for some like myself
Envisioning a good life in the future is good for a rational mind. I try to positively envision something then I just get sad because reality hits and then negative thoughts suit forward. I just want to stop thinking negatively; not that I want to think positively

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn and Deleted member 16424
Envisioning a good life in the future is good for a rational mind. I try to positively envision something then I just get sad because reality hits and then negative thoughts suit forward. I just want to stop thinking negatively; not that I want to think positively
I thought the same way but no it has never served me since there could be a huge disparity between where you are and where you want to be it could become resentment and inertia not motivation.

The better thing to do is envision the next step.

holy shit i must've watch the same joe dispenza vid as u

• JFL
Great post

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11610 and MakinItHappenReturn
positive affirmations, manifestation and raising your vibration :soy::soy::soy:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14781 and Deleted member 16474
Great post, thanks OP.

saved it for motivation.

• +1
The reason for anxiety over the past, from an evolutionary perspective, is because worrying and being anxious about your surrounding was neceessary for humans to survive. Being both physically weaker than most predators, and relying on environments with large groups of people, humans needed to be worried and anxious about everything at every moment to ensure that they could react accordingly when actual threats arrived.

Your past is no different from say a dark woods outside of your camp. Your mind fixates on it, and fixates on the dangers that could become of it, because it needs the advantage of being ahead of the curve should something com out of those woods.

In a post industrial society, the dangers present in the neolithic era when we were evolving aren't around anymore, and as suh your environment isn't worth worrying about. As a result, this trait is applied to shit like your past, the lives of others, your future, how you are perceived by the people around you, whether you are living a worthwhile life, etc.

It's a hard thing to overcome, but realizing that it's just some genetically adapted bullshit makes it easier to stomache.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Lihito, MakinItHappenReturn and 1 other person
The reason for anxiety over the past, from an evolutionary perspective, is because worrying and being anxious about your surrounding was neceessary for humans to survive. Being both physically weaker than most predators, and relying on environments with large groups of people, humans needed to be worried and anxious about everything at every moment to ensure that they could react accordingly when actual threats arrived.

Your past is no different from say a dark woods outside of your camp. Your mind fixates on it, and fixates on the dangers that could become of it, because it needs the advantage of being ahead of the curve should something com out of those woods.

In a post industrial society, the dangers present in the neolithic era when we were evolving aren't around anymore, and as suh your environment isn't worth worrying about. As a result, this trait is applied to shit like your past, the lives of others, your future, how you are perceived by the people around you, whether you are living a worthwhile life, etc.

It's a hard thing to overcome, but realizing that it's just some genetically adapted bullshit makes it easier to stomache.
huh. Interesting

Good but how to stop overthinking when talking with a girl

GIF - GIF do want, like, likes, Matthew McConaughey, point, this GIF -  Viral Viral Videos

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14781
Good but how to stop overthinking when talking with a girl

Relates to this topic I spoke about:

Amazing post.

I don't have any traumatic experiences in my past because I never re-live them, and I've just forgotten them now.

Amazing post.

I don't have any traumatic experiences in my past because I never re-live them, and I've just forgotten themm now.
Your body moves past an event instantly. But your mind can be stuck there forever…

Does a cat or dog worry about when it falls over and stumbles? No, it picks itself up and then continues on being a cat or dog. Only the human is conscious enough to have the folly to punish themselves in their minds over and over again for the same mistake. Most if not all of our mental anguish is due to worry about circumstances or situations that have previously happened or never will happen.

Once something is in the past, there is no need to relive it. It is gone, and now only exists as a figment of your imagination.

On a biological level your brain cannot perceive the difference between real events and imagined events - because all experience is in the mind.

If you re-imagine/remember stressful or bad situations of your past, your brain thinks you are going through it once more. Those same emotions and chemicals flood the system as if it was all happening over again. You should understand how this can be repeated and thus cemented into a pattern of thinking.

It is imperative that you consciously monitor what you are spending your time thinking of - because you are directing energy to that reality.

Awareness is the first step to avoiding pain. Now that you are aware of the folly of mentally reliving past negative experiences, you can choose to leave that in the past where it belongs, and experience the beauty of the present moment and build a better future.

We are here to learn from each other and have fun along the way. Do not beat yourself up about the past, but become aware and learn from it so that you can have the future you deserve.
Deserves best of the best status

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lev Peshkov and MakinItHappenReturn

Power of now pill. Love this bro

• Love it
ayo who tf put this in botb

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275, Deleted member 2729 and EverythingMattersCel
Indeed, excellent fucking post

the law of attraction, while it does have its limits, is still extremely grounded with regards to positive affirmations and visualizations, I'm glad another user has pointed out its benefits. I have been positively visualizing and working on a better self-concept of myself these past few months, and it has paid off better than I could ever imagine.

Words of Wisdom.

delusion maxing is the way to ascension , literally fake it until you make it

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: vaninskybird, Chadethnic101 and Lev Peshkov

And then goverment puts you in a covid Camp and eventualy kills you :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and sergeant blackpill
This work? Sciencentific basis or what?
I’ll obviously use it but just curious

This is really good advice. Whatevevr happened in the past doesn't matter anymore. One truly needs to grasp the depth of this statement

• +1
Reactions: LOST18yearold and Lev Peshkov
Hacking Ur mind to deal with/ not dwell on past losses is pretty much impossible without drugs man

I think about the past so much it’s become a drug. Literally something I do every night to get myself off the internet or brain fog, is to reminiscence, it gives me a break. I know it’s terrible for me

I think about the past so much it’s become a drug. Literally something I do every night to get myself off the internet or brain fog, is to reminiscence, it gives me a break. I know it’s terrible for me
My mind, soul, body are rotted thinking about the past, both mine, and others'

You are a based king for making this post

The Past should be digested for valuable lessons and then excreted.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
Good post
But being stuck in the past is not always a bad thing. For example a euphoric memory, a deep nostalgia, the memories of first love can create the same feelings that they did in the mind back then even when they are no more now. Afterall good memories is what most of us live for don't we? Since Agepill will hit sooner or later

To live in the moment is still superior tho. Because it teaches one to let go all cravings, all factors of our life whether it is something positive or negative and being non judgemental of everything. There is no good, there is no bad. It is just it is. You are a conscious being in the universe observing reality in the present moment. The past does not exist. The future does not exist either. Most of our lives happen in our mind....

• +1
Reactions: LOST18yearold and noodlelover
Good post
But being stuck in the past is not always a bad thing. For example a euphoric memory, a deep nostalgia, the memories of first love can create the same feelings that they did in the mind back then even when they are no more now. Afterall good memories is what most of us live for don't we? Since Agepill will hit sooner or later

To live in the moment is still superior tho. Because it teaches one to let go all cravings, all factors of our life whether it is something positive or negative and being non judgemental of everything. There is no good, there is no bad. It is just it is. You are a conscious being in the universe observing reality in the present moment. The past does not exist. The future does not exist either. Most of our lives happen in our mind....
You don't get sad thinking about love in the past? Knowing you may never have those experiences again, will never be with that person , always be alone, die alone, and are alone right now?

• +1
Reactions: Mewton