Everyone is too nice

Allez

Allez

Iron
Seriously, why the fuck is everyone so "nice" to me? "Oh youre studying at the local community college, great! What are you studying, oh awesome. Haha Im from ___ too! Oh whats it like doing ___?" It goes on. Almost All my interactions with peers and strangers end up as the same useless mutual circle jerk. I dont hate talking to people but this "small talk" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it is driving me nuts. You just pretend to give a shit about the other person and then you move on as if the conversation didnt ever happen Its fucking pointless.
I had a guy in a computer science class turn over and try to start a "Friendly" convo with me about where I was from and I coudn't help but think about how much I didnt give 2 shits about this guy or that convo.
Another time, in my writing class we had to introduce ourselves on some gay online form and respond to 2 other students responses. It made me want to puke seeing the vapid bullshit other people had to say. Just a bunch of mindless encouragement and smiling emojis. The only comments people seemed to have were some form of "that was well writen," or "Im studying ___ too!" or "Its nice to meet you," in response to the pure garbage someone had just written down.
I dont know why. Do people actually care, I find that unlikley. Maybe they just wanna make themselves feel good so they act nice to others in some weird form of virtue signaling. Maybe people always feel under the gun and think they have to always be nice to others or face repercussions. Maybe theres some new chemcial in the air thats making us dumb and complacent. Even all of my family is too nice to me and I know i dont deserve the positive treatment im getting.
It may be weird to complain about getting positive treatment but niceness needs to be earned. In a weird way, i just want someone to be an asshole to me irl. Not just arbitrarily being mean but somone whos gonna say with good reason, "Dude, why the fuck are you ____________?"

They don't genuinely care or want to know, they just want to say something polite.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19036, Mr.cope, Deleted member 14077 and 1 other person
some weird form of virtue signaling.
For a good chunk of people yes it is some weird virtue signaling they do,for some others that have shit social skills this standard “act super nice” is the only way of interacting they know to appear sociable so they spam it

With that said not everyone is like this.Some people are actually relatively nice to varying degrees.It’s better to interact with them than the opposite in everyday life anyway

• +1
Reactions: one job away
It’s better to interact with them than the opposite in everyday life anyway
I would largely agree but I need a balance. I used to be another member of this politeness clan but its felt so pointless and unproductive recently. Niceness is great but its all i have and im getting too much.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
Seriously, why the fuck is everyone so "nice" to me? "Oh youre studying at the local community college, great! What are you studying, oh awesome. Haha Im from ___ too! Oh whats it like doing ___?" It goes on. Almost All my interactions with peers and strangers end up as the same useless mutual circle jerk. I dont hate talking to people but this "small talk" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it is driving me nuts. You just pretend to give a shit about the other person and then you move on as if the conversation didnt ever happen Its fucking pointless.
I had a guy in a computer science class turn over and try to start a "Friendly" convo with me about where I was from and I coudn't help but think about how much I didnt give 2 shits about this guy or that convo.
Another time, in my writing class we had to introduce ourselves on some gay online form and respond to 2 other students responses. It made me want to puke seeing the vapid bullshit other people had to say. Just a bunch of mindless encouragement and smiling emojis. The only comments people seemed to have were some form of "that was well writen," or "Im studying ___ too!" or "Its nice to meet you," in response to the pure garbage someone had just written down.
I dont know why. Do people actually care, I find that unlikley. Maybe they just wanna make themselves feel good so they act nice to others in some weird form of virtue signaling. Maybe people always feel under the gun and think they have to always be nice to others or face repercussions. Maybe theres some new chemcial in the air thats making us dumb and complacent. Even all of my family is too nice to me and I know i dont deserve the positive treatment im getting.
It may be weird to complain about getting positive treatment but niceness needs to be earned. In a weird way, i just want someone to be an asshole to me irl. Not just arbitrarily being mean but somone whos gonna say with good reason, "Dude, why the fuck are you ____________?"
You're gay and weak. The worst kind of loser. I think most people are better than you. No girls like you. Maybe I'd force you to participate in homosexual acts just to make you cry if I ever got my hands on you. Coward.

For a good chunk of people yes it is some weird virtue signaling they do,for some others that have shit social skills this standard “act super nice” is the only way of interacting they know to appear sociable so they spam it

With that said not everyone is like this.Some people are actually relatively nice to varying degrees.It’s better to interact with them than the opposite in everyday life anyway
Yeah being super nice is the easiest way to socialize. That’s what I did and then realized. Being nice is not a personality.

So I just stopped socializing for now. Until I’m gl enough

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
autist discovering NT convos be like

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19036 and Deleted member 14077