"Everything matters bro" tested: a guide on how to mathematically determine which features matter most at different attractiveness levels

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
How to figure out whether jaw is law or not

A step-by-step tutorial

The data in this post are fake—they're just examples. Someone here needs to actually do this study to endow the looksmaxxing community with invaluable info that'll finally end the "jaw is law" vs. "eyes are the prize" debate.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
1. Obtain several thousand photos of male faces with consistent angles and lighting.

2. Measure a fixed number of independent facial attributes for all of the faces. These are your independent variables. Independent means the attributes don't affect each other. For example, if you measure IPD and nose length, you should not also measure midface ratio.

3. Standardize the variables. In other words, take the z-score of every value.

4. Store the data in a spreadsheet or database. It should look like this (in reality it should have way more measured attributes than just the 4 shown):

PictureIPDPFLBigonial breadthBizygomatic breadth
IMG_0001.jpg0.020.107-0.721-0.111
IMG_0002.jpg-0.6280.6671.9870.008
IMG_0003.jpg0.4561.5992.4140.543

5. Make a survey that asks women to rate the male faces in your dataset on a scale of 1 to 10. Get a few thousand women to participate in your survey. Each survey participant should rate a moderate number of photos (like 20). Just make sure that, at the end, every photo has at least about 10 women's ratings on it.

6. Take the averages of the survey responses for each photo, and put these average values in your spreadsheet or database. It should look like this now:

Picture…Variable names……Variable names……Variable names…Mean attractiveness rating
IMG_0001.jpg…Numbers……Numbers……Numbers…5.25
IMG_0002.jpg…Numbers……Numbers……Numbers…2.95
IMG_0003.jpg…Numbers……Numbers……Numbers…8.43

7. Train a neural network (regression model) with your independent variables (standardized facial measurements) as the inputs and mean attractiveness rating as the output.

8. Write a script that goes through every face in the dataset, and for each variable, the script calculates how much changing that variable (holding all other variables constant) changes the attractiveness rating when all the variables are fed back into the neural network, using average rate of change to approximate instantaneous rate of change.

Basically, if we call the attractiveness rating of a particular face A and a variable such as canthal tilt x, you're calculating dA/dx when the other variables stay the same. The rates of change go into your spreadsheet or database.

Let's call the absolute value of dA/dx for any facial measurement x the importance of that facial attribute. The greater dA/dx is, the more significantly an attribute affects the overall attractiveness of the face at its current state.

Python pseudocode:

Code:
#
# The list face_data looks like this:
#
# [
#    [0.02, 0.107, -0.721, -0.111, …],
#    [-0.628, 0.667, 1.987, 0.008, …],
#    [0.456, 1.599, 2.414, 0.543, …]
# ]
#
# It's like the table in step 3 except without the table header and the image names.
#

delta = 0.001

face_importance_data = []

for face in face_data:
    importance_of_current_face_attributes = []
    for x in face:
        importance_of_current_face_attributes.append(abs((model.predict(x + delta / 2) - model.predict(x - delta / 2)) / delta))
    face_importance_data.append(importance_of_current_face_attributes)

Example results:

PictureMean attractiveness ratingImportance of IPDImportance of PFLImportance of bigonial breadthImportance of bizygomatic breadth
IMG_0001.jpg5.250.3344.3930.8323.888
IMG_0002.jpg2.951.2030.9551.2035.001
IMG_0003.jpg8.430.2341.39433.4146.747

9. Group the faces into bins by their attractiveness ratings rounded down. For instance, a face with a rating of 1.25 goes into the "1" bin, a face with a rating of 9.7 goes into the "9" bin, and so on. There's no "10" bin.

10. Make a graph with the bins along the x axis. Plot points with the y values being the average importance per facial attribute of all the faces in each bin. It should look like this (needless to say, this is only an example with fake data):

Screen Shot 2020 12 20 at 104604 PM

Please don't misunderstand this graph as a graph that answers the question, "What feature(s) matter the most in order to ascend to [X] PSL?" No, what this graph says is, "For the average [X] PSL man, how much does his [feature] matter for his attractiveness being what it is?"

11. Congratulations! By making this graph, you'll now have the knowledge of what features are the most important to men's attractiveness across all looks tiers.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Racky, 6485b025t, 6’1cel and 32 others
Thats no joke if that could be conducted with enough women the data would be amazing. Even though ratings by females are not perfect it is the best tool we have. I would be very interested to see which traits would matter more or less

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32321, Deleted member 7240, randomvanish and 10 others
Finally putting your Asian genes to use.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscensionMillenium, 5'8manlet, SMVbender and 21 others
Dn rd

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, mogstar, Deleted member 5891 and 2 others
absolute banger.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscensionMillenium, Mouthbreath, thecel and 1 other person
Can you help me with my cs homework

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acnno, Deleted member 7240, randomvanish and 8 others
why is canthal tilt so low on importance?

nvm it's fake data.

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMillenium and thecel
my hypothesis is that jaw and eyes are roughly equal in general but having a good jaw and normal eyes is perferable to normal jaw good eyes

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMillenium, Deleted member 9837 and thecel
my hypothesis is that jaw and eyes are roughly equal in general but having a good jaw and normal eyes is perferable to normal jaw good eyes
nah the opposite see dellisola

• +1
Reactions: johncruz12345 and thecel
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 7240, Hightwolf and Deleted member 10524
Irl eyes mog in motion eyes mog especially with good coloring if u have top tier eye area u can make eye contact with a girl she will fall on love

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7240, Deleted member 9090, TheChosenChad and 3 others
Fucking nerd lol

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 6723
How do you have a 70 in seminar

AP Seminar. It's pretty hard at my school. Other kids got skills so they do well in it despite the rigor, but I ain't got a big enough brain.

Last edited:
the second most autistic post i've seen on this forum, just after the one you made with al your measurements
but high effort and i read

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 245, Deleted member 9488 and thecel
01894CA3 40CA 475A B09B CC616E0E8601

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Dionysus, Deleted member 7240, Good_Little_Goy and 3 others
Nobody will do this, do it yourself, you understand this more than any other guy who will read this on incel forum

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 7240
if you ever do this PLEASE never share it openly

with great power comes great responsibility

• +1
Reactions: thecel
There can be no formula without a correct theorem

It was wrong from the start to consider female opinion

• +1

A step-by-step tutorial

The data in this post are fake—they're just examples. Someone here needs to actually do this study to endow the looksmaxxing community with invaluable info that'll finally end the "jaw is law" vs. "eyes are the prize" debate.

1. Obtain several thousand photos of male faces with consistent angles and lighting.

2. Measure a fixed number of independent facial attributes for all of the faces. These are your independent variables. Independent means the attributes don't affect each other. For example, if you measure IPD and nose length, you should not also measure midface ratio.

4. Store the data in a spreadsheet or database. It should look like this (in reality it should have way more measured attributes than just the 4 shown):

5. Make a survey that asks women to rate the male faces in your dataset on a scale of 1 to 10. Get a few thousand women to participate in your survey. Each survey participant should rate a moderate number of photos (like 20). Just make sure that, at the end, every photo has at least about 10 women's ratings on it.

6. Take the averages of the survey responses for each photo, and put these average values in your spreadsheet or database. It should look like this now:

Picture…Variable names……Variable names……Variable names…Mean attractiveness rating

7. Train a neural network (regression model) with your independent variables (standardized facial measurements) as the inputs and mean attractiveness rating as the output.

8. Write a script that goes through every face in the dataset, and for each variable, the script calculates how much changing that variable (holding all other variables constant) changes the attractiveness rating when all the variables are fed back into the neural network, using average rate of change to approximate instantaneous rate of change.

Basically, if we call the attractiveness rating of a particular face A and a variable such as canthal tilt x, you're calculating dA/dx when the other variables stay the same. The rates of change go into your spreadsheet or database.

Let's call the absolute value of dA/dx for any facial measurement x the importance of that facial attribute. The greater dA/dx is, the more significantly an attribute affects the overall attractiveness of the face at its current state.

Python pseudocode:

Code:
#
#
# [
# ]
#
# It's like the table in step 3 except without the table header and the image names.
#

delta = 0.001

for face in face_data:
    for x in face:
        importance_of_current_face_attributes.append(abs((model.predict(x + delta / 2) - model.predict(x - delta / 2)) / delta))

Example results:

PictureMean attractiveness ratingImportance of IPDImportance of PFLImportance of bigonial breadthImportance of bizygomatic breadth

9. Group the faces into bins by their attractiveness ratings rounded down. For instance, a face with a rating of 1.25 goes into the "1" bin, a face with a rating of 9.7 goes into the "9" bin, and so on. There's no "10" bin.

10. Make a graph with the bins along the x axis. Plot points with the y values being the average importance per facial attribute of all the faces in each bin. It should look like this (needless to say, this is only an example with fake data):

View attachment 881983

Please don't misunderstand this graph as a graph that answers the question, "What feature(s) matter the most in order to ascend to [X] PSL?" No, what this graph says is, "For the average [X] PSL man, how much does his [feature] matter for his attractiveness being what it is?"

11. Congratulations! By making this graph, you'll now have the knowledge of what features are the most important to men's attractiveness across all looks tiers.
Something similar to this was already done in a German study and the end result
Was in one of @MaxillaIsEverything thread

• +1

@MaxillaIsEverything shared a German attractiveness study sort of similar to (and way better than) this

Something similar to this was already done in a German study and the end result
Was in one of @MaxillaIsEverything thread

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891
I understood the stats and calculus but I have 0 programming knowledge. @sytyl write this you cuck

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and sytyl
I think my Hispanic iq makes me unable to understand this but good thread and I tried reading it

• So Sad

A step-by-step tutorial

Python pseudocode:

Code:
#
#
# [
# ]
#
#

delta = 0.001

for face in face_data:
    for x in face:

Example results:

View attachment 881983

It has been done already and in a much more detailed fashion. Facial recognition is very advanced. Imagine the data that's available to the likes of the owners of tinder...
But yea, this should work, good idea.

• +1
I'm low iq
no you aren't. An asian being low iq is like 110. So you're in college, are you like in a prestigious college? Maybe thats why its too hard for you?

no you aren't. An asian being low iq is like 110. So you're in college, are you like in a prestigious college? Maybe thats why its too hard for you?
I'm in high school, and my IQ is low for real. Like sub 100 tier

I'm in high school, and my IQ is low for real. Like sub 100 tier
bullshit your in calc AB, and u have english 3 so that means ur a junior in a calculus class

• So Sad
bullshit your in calc AB, and u have english 3 so that means ur a junior in a calculus class

It also means I'm a dumbass.

Think about it, why would a student who's taking AP Calculus in 11th grade be in English 3 not AP Lang?

That's cus I failed AP Lang and was auto-demoted to English 3.

I'm in Calc AB for the same reason. I failed BC, so I had to go to AB.

It also means I'm a dumbass.

Think about it, why would a student who's taking AP Calculus in 11th grade be in English 3 not AP Lang?

That's cus I failed AP Lang and was auto-demoted to English 3.

I'm in Calc AB for the same reason. I failed BC, so I had to go to AB.
Nah man you're smart asf
I heard BC is really hard. Wait so in College I can't skip Calculus BC?

exactly. the last thing we need is more competiton. its bad enough already that the blackpill is becoming mainstream on tiktok

i wanna see ramus length vs ramus angle

There's a vision of an altar now
Me and at once I'm passin' on and out
It wasn't somethin' that I thought about
But knew that you were absolute in doubt

A step-by-step tutorial

Python pseudocode:

Code:
#
#
# [
# ]
#
#

delta = 0.001

for face in face_data:
    for x in face:

Example results:

View attachment 881983

I think its Jaw > Eyes > Cheekbones > Hairline > nose > Mouth
Assuming they're average to being with

you need to reupload graph with better colors ngl

• Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back