Evidence to Support Previous Scleral Show Theory

PrisonMike

PrisonMike

Analytical Looksmaxxer
A while ago, I posted a thread claiming that facial muscles affect scleral show:

@retard Then expanded on the idea and posted the following guide:

I was skimming through the second edition of 'Eyelid and Periorbital Surgery' by Mark A. Codner and Clinton McCord when I stumbled upon the following in Chapter 8, page 271:
ORBICULARIS OCULI HYPERTROP
Fullness in the lower lids in many individuals, particularly Asians, is not caused by herniated fat but by hypertrophy and thickening of the orbicularis oculi muscle. When the patient squints or smiles, excessive bunching beneath the lashes occurs. Resection of specific portions of the orbicularis oculi is necessary to remedy this problem. Preserving the pretarsal orbicularis to prevent damage to the function of the lower eyelid is essential. This residual fullness just inferior to the lashes is a concern of many Asian patients, but the pretarsal muscle must be preserved, and these patients should be informed this is part of their lid (Fig. 8-14).
Screen Shot 2020 03 11 at 44257 PM

This goes to show that facial muscle hypertrophy can really change the way you look so much so that some people get surgeries to change it.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 2205 and 1 other person
I am holding the Guinness world record for the most shit orbital rims in the world yet no scleral show and Good eye shape. what causes it is just the eyelids are not tight enough.

Thanks. Will read.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
@Dope

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
So I have to squint 24/7

So I have to squint 24/7
It's more than squinting. Read the entire first thread I linked to in the OP. Shine a bright light on your eyes and you will discover for yourself the natural expression you have to make in order to properly train the associated muscles.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mr.cope
It's more than squinting. Read the entire first thread I linked to in the OP. Shine a bright light on your eyes and you will discover for yourself the natural expression you have to make in order to properly train the associated muscles.
I know im late to this thread but i searched about this problem because Sacleral showing is big issue for me so cool discovery.

Also finally someone with good taste in girls who is the girl on your profile pic if you know the name

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike
I know im late to this thread but i searched about this problem because Sacleral showing is big issue for me so cool discovery.

Also finally someone with good taste in girls who is the girl on your profile pic if you know the name
Her name is Kate Li.

I was skimming through the second edition of 'Eyelid and Periorbital Surgery' by Mark A. Codner and Clinton McCord when I stumbled upon the following in Chapter 8, page 271:
ORBICULARIS OCULI HYPERTROP
Fullness in the lower lids in many individuals, particularly Asians, is not caused by herniated fat but by hypertrophy and thickening of the orbicularis oculi muscle. When the patient squints or smiles, excessive bunching beneath the lashes occurs. Resection of specific portions of the orbicularis oculi is necessary to remedy this problem. Preserving the pretarsal orbicularis to prevent damage to the function of the lower eyelid is essential. This residual fullness just inferior to the lashes is a concern of many Asian patients, but the pretarsal muscle must be preserved, and these patients should be informed this is part of their lid (Fig. 8-14).
View attachment 304253
This goes to show that facial muscle hypertrophy can really change the way you look so much so that some people get surgeries to change it.
You're saying muscle hypertrophy is good. Doesn't this book suggest the opposite of your theory - that it's bad because hypertrophy of the lower orbicularis oculi actually contributes to eye bags and they removed part of the muscle to reduce the bags?

• +1
Reactions: Solidcoin