Examples of Compact Midfaces

Golden Glass

Golden Glass

Just want to help my fellow man look better.
I’m doing self measurements and for the ratio of:
interpupillary distance
divided by
distance from pupil to top border of upper lip

I get between 1.166 to 1.175 depending on the picture.

The higher the ratio, the more compact your mid face is relative to your IPD.

This seems super surprising considering these other ratios from different males:

Jordan Barrett: 1.1428

Jono Jenkins: 1.1298

Ed Jenkins: 1.10714

Sean O’Pry: 1.1034

Francisco Lachowski: 1.0120

Matthew Boling: About 1 (low quality picture)

Ángel Di María (horse face): 0.8247

So I wanted to know if any of you know of any men with VERY compact midfaces, so I can try to find someone with a similar ratio?

BTW doing measurements like these is incredibly helpful because I used to think I was going to maxillary impaction but at this high a ratio (probably due to my 68-70 mm IPD), I’m starting to question that.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and forwardgrowth
can you do mine from the pics u have boyo?

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Your measurements are a little high but otherwise decent.

Can you do mine from the thread earlier we were talking in?

• +1

Calculate

• +1
Your measurements are a little high but otherwise decent.

Yeah I was very surprised so I even measured my passport and Drivers License lmao.

I guess I have a bit too compact a mid face, but that’s why I want to see examples of men with a ratio like mine.

Mine is 1.06-1.08 depending on picture

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Golden Glass
That is a really high midface ratio, I honestly don't know any other males with a similar measurement, probably Ed Sheeran.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933
Lachowski is 0.99
Measured long time ago

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and LordNorwood
Can you do mine from the thread earlier we were talking in?

Okay @ArabIncel yours are about 1. That may surprise you but the truth is your ES ratio and very short lower third are what mainly throw off your proportions.

can you do mine from the pics u have boyo?

Based on the very first pic you sent me, @diggbicc yours is 1.11

Calculate

@Zuvay post a higher pixel picture of your FACE with your pupils being visible.

Lachowski is 0.99
Measured long time ago

Yeah I included Lachowski above... with the pic I measured I got 1.01 so pretty close.

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc

• +1
That is a really high midface ratio, I honestly don't know any other males with a similar measurement, probably Ed Sheeran.
Ed Sheeran you say? Thanks I will measure his.

does measuring with tape measure make any differences?

6.4cm IPD and 5.9cm midface length.

Got 1.08474576271

Feel like thats pretty compact.

• +1

In this picture your ratio is 1.045

does measuring with tape measure make any differences?

Depends how accurate you are...I got 1.1667 with tape measure in mirror (though I accurately measured my IPD—I know it because I wear glasses and contacts) and based of headshot photographs I got 1.17 - 1.175.

It would be best to measure a photograph as long as it’s high quality with little distortion. The funny thing is that Most photos tend to lengthen the mid face and I still got a 1.17 ratio lmfao

6.4cm IPD and 5.9cm midface length.

Got 1.08474576271

Feel like thats pretty compact.

Yeah that’s very good you can compare to the list of names I measured in the OP

Last edited:
In this picture your ratio is 1.045

Depends how accurate you are...I got 1.1667 with tape measure in mirror (though I accurately measured my IPD—I know it because I wear glasses and contacts) and based of headshot photographs I got 1.17 - 1.175.

It would be best to measure a photograph as long as it’s high quality with little distortion. The funny thing is that Most photos tend to lengthen the mid face and I still got a 1.17 ratio lmfao

Yeah that’s very good you can compare to the list of names I measured in the OP
Those numbers are hella high. Would you be down to PM a pic? I'm just curious what you even look like.

1.16 - 1.20
checked several pics

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
No man sorry I already got requests and IF I ever post pics on here it’ll be after jaw surgery or something

Pics of who?
I definitely understand, I'm really hesitant about pics too.

Compact midfaces are a death sentence

• Hmm...
Reactions: didntreadlol
Ed Sheeran you say? Thanks I will measure his.

UPDATE: Based on this Ed Sheeran Pics
285322EB 49BA 4747 95B7 4D7DF2A77041

He is about 1.147-1.152
He’s the closest one to me, but his entire face is incredibly wide while mine isn’t.

UPDATE: Based on this Ed Sheeran Pics
View attachment 195014
He is about 1.147-1.152
He’s the closest one to me, but his entire face is incredibly wide while mine isn’t.
Tbh frauded a bit, if my eyes looked in two different directions my midface ratio would be higher too

Compact midfaces are a death sentence

Every good looking guy has a pretty compact midface, look at the list I posted originally.

If someone had a ratio of something crazy like 1.50 then sure, but what I’m interested in is where is the line drawn at too compact a midface? Ed sheeran’s is not too compact imo, but he has a really fat face so his face can definitely look to wide, but as far as midface is concerned his seems good.

Wayne rooney

Another good one to measure. Brb

Tbh frauded a bit, if my eyes looked in two different directions my midface ratio would be higher too

Lol that’s why I gave a range, but if you want give him 1.14

Every good looking guy has a pretty compact midface, look at the list I posted originally.

If someone had a ratio of something crazy like 1.50 then sure, but what I’m interested in is where is the line drawn at too compact a midface? Ed sheeran’s is not too compact imo, but he has a really fat face so his face can definitely look to wide, but as far as midface is concerned his seems good.

Another good one to measure. Brb
Most models have a compact midface it seems but a few with longer midfaces are still considered gl, Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling are the often cited examples
Ed Sheeran would probably look better with a slightly longer midface tbh. Just like too long of a midface will give you "horse face", too short of a midface will give you "pig face". Ed Sheeran has slight pig face imo.

• +1
Reactions: Kade
What's mine?
IMG-20191216-211958.jpg

Most models have a compact midface it seems but a few with longer midfaces are still considered gl, Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling are the often cited examples
Ed Sheeran would probably look better with a slightly longer midface tbh. Just like too long of a midface will give you "horse face", too short of a midface will give you "pig face". Ed Sheeran has slight pig face imo.

Yeah but the thing is my midface is a bit longer than Ed’s since I’m slimmer I don’t have that look. Ed’s face is fat as fuck. That’s why I really want to measure Rooney’s

What's mine?
IMG-20191216-211958.jpg

Keep in mind if this is an up close selfieyour midface is probably slightly lengthened and your IPD is slightly narrowed, so maybe provide a better pic

Yeah but the thing is my midface is a bit longer than Ed’s since I’m slimmer I don’t have that look. Ed’s face is fat as fuck. That’s why I really want to measure Rooney’s
It's not really about face fat, its about nose length. Too short of a nose gives you that piggish look. I just measured Wayne Rooney in a couple front-facing pics I found, his is actually a bit modest according to my measurements - 1.08 to 1.09. But he does have that pig face look I'm talking about. I think his nose is too short and his philtrum is too long.

It's not really about face fat, its about nose length. Too short of a nose gives you that piggish look. I just measured Wayne Rooney in a couple front-facing pics I found, his is actually a bit modest according to my measurements - 1.08 to 1.09. But he does have that pig face look I'm talking about. I think his nose is too short and his philtrum is too long.

The thing with Rooney is I have yet to find a high quality face on picture where he’s looking straight at camera and not doing something funny with his mouth. But yeah I have a decently long nose (probably average) so I guess that helps me not have that problem, even though my ratio is like 1.17

Also just realized Rooney doesn’t even look like he has a high IPD so that can make his face look narrower...

What's mine?
IMG-20191216-211958.jpg
I get around .9-.91, definitely on the low end. I think you look fine however.
Ethnicmid

The thing with Rooney is I have yet to find a high quality face on picture where he’s looking straight at camera and not doing something funny with his mouth. But yeah I have a decently long nose (probably average) so I guess that helps me not have that problem, even though my ratio is like 1.17
If you have a long nose then you must have a very short philtrum to get that midface length.
If you have a long nose then you must have a very short philtrum to get that midface length.

Di Caprio has extremely compact midface

No it’s definitely not “long” but long when compared to Rooney.
Di Caprio has extremely compact midface
Will measure. I will eventually compile a list and try to determine which ratio is where “too compact” begins and “too long” begins.

• Love it
Reactions: thecel
don't remind me :cry:
orbital box, lip lift is my only hope

No it’s definitely not “long” but long when compared to Rooney.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't mean you had a long nose in an absolute sense, just long relative to your midface length.

• +1
Big if True, means we’re in the same boat. Have you posted pics?
I have checked passport, picture of my health card, and a class photo

I also checked one where I got 1.25 but I dont think this one is true (I was way younger on that pic that is why)

The mean range is 1.15-1.20
My fwhr is also in the range of 1.9-1.95

My "face" looks long because of bad undereye support and tall neuro (not part of face tho)

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
I have checked passport, picture of my health card, and a class photo

I also checked one where I got 1.25 but I dont think this one is true (I was way younger on that pic that is why)

The mean range is 1.15-1.20
My fwhr is also in the range of 1.9-1.95

My "face" looks long because of bad undereye support and tall neuro (not part of face tho)

That’s pretty much me, I have legit zero under eye support and I seriously believed I needed maxillary impaction + rhino + maybe lip lift. Thank god I don’t as I already have a compact midface lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
That’s pretty much me, I have legit zero under eye support and I seriously believed I needed maxillary impaction + rhino + maybe lip lift. Thank god I don’t as I already have a compact midface lol
Do also have problems with Bigonial ?
Tall Neuro ?
Unnoticeable Zygomatic arch ?

Then we would really sit in the same boat lol

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
I’m doing self measurements and for the ratio of:
interpupillary distance
divided by
distance from pupil to top border of upper lip

I get between 1.166 to 1.175 depending on the picture.

The higher the ratio, the more compact your mid face is relative to your IPD.

This seems super surprising considering these other ratios from different males:

Jordan Barrett: 1.1428

Jono Jenkins: 1.1298

Ed Jenkins: 1.10714

Sean O’Pry: 1.1034

Francisco Lachowski: 1.0120

Matthew Boling: About 1 (low quality picture)

Ángel Di María (horse face): 0.8247

So I wanted to know if any of you know of any men with VERY compact midfaces, so I can try to find someone with a similar ratio?

BTW doing measurements like these is incredibly helpful because I used to think I was going to maxillary impaction but at this high a ratio (probably due to my 68-70 mm IPD), I’m starting to question that.
I have a 1.16 Ratio

If this is you gtfo out of here chad

• +1
Reactions: Zoneator and forwardgrowth
Okay @ArabIncel yours are about 1. That may surprise you but the truth is your ES ratio and very short lower third are what mainly throw off your proportions.

Based on the very first pic you sent me, @diggbicc yours is 1.11

@Zuvay post a higher pixel picture of your FACE with your pupils being visible.

Yeah I included Lachowski above... with the pic I measured I got 1.01 so pretty close.

Thanks for calculating. So it would be very much in my best interest to vertically extend the chin by a chin implant then? As that would make my face more “proportional” and “harmonious”

• +1
Do also have problems with Bigonial ?
Tall Neuro ?
Unnoticeable Zygomatic arch ?

Then we would really sit in the same boat lol

By Neuro do you mean forehead?
And if so then yes lmfao
Thanks for calculating. So it would be very much in my best interest to vertically extend the chin by a chin implant then? As that would make my face more “proportional” and “harmonious”

99% sure it would, but like I told you previously, get good morphs done.

What is mine, I think I have a to compact midface. Can you measure mine? Thanks

Attachments

• Chad lite.PNG
    Chad lite.PNG
    191.4 KB · Views: 47
  • +1
not to make this about height, but manlets usually have good mid face ratios on avg.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass and Titbot
Hard to find your pupils but I got a whopping 1.229, very compact as expected. This probably has a lot to do with your dom look.
Titface

not to make this about height, but manlets usually have good mid face ratios on avg.
I've noticed this too. Probably has to due with all the bones elongating when the average person gets taller.

• +1
Reactions: Titbot and forwardgrowth