Exercises for lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt?

D

Deleted member 14262

bumo
I want to be able to find good ones but the ones online seem a bit shit.

Exercises wont do shit most of the time.
You have to keep your buttcheeks and your abs contracted all the time until it becomes a habit.
Also, try sitting less and when you do, watch your posture.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262
I am almost completely cured of a bad case of APT. The truth is that it is going to take a lot of work, and it will take a while (maybe a year or two) before you

Things I did, in order of importance:
1) Exercises. Do serious strength training exercises (not wimpy physical therapy-type exercises) which focus on the lower body and core. In my opinion, you should work on squats (form is important) as well as extra glute/hamstring hypertrophy work. Avoid doing extra quad/hip flexor work outside of your squats, they will likely make your problem worse. A lot of people say ab work is important, but it didn't do to much for me.
2) Stretches. Stretch your hips and legs, especially your adductors and hip flexors. Stretches don't automatically correct your posture, they just increase the range of motion you're comfortable with. You will have to make a conscious effort to correct your posture as you stand and walk. Flex your glutes and suck your stomach in just a bit while you walk. Try to lead with your hips.
3) Go to the chiropractor to get examined. You might need to return there for treatments for a period. This isn't necessary for everyone, but a lot of people will have an underlying issue. If you have a seroius skeletal issue, the first two steps will probably not fix it.
4) If you have digestion issues, sort that out as well. Bloated gut will make APT much worse.

IMO most people never really correct this issue. You need to be determined and willing to put in a lot of patient work. The longer you have had this issue, teh longer it will take to correct.

Regardless of what you think of Alex, this is a pretty good video:

Last edited: