Expanding the palate may be a waste of time

D

Deleted member 31887

Iron

I have read of a few people saying their breathing got worse after SARPE/DOME/MSE and also uglier, it got me thinking that in childhood if you expand the upper palate you are essentially expanding everything else. However if you don't get a palate exapander in childhood or never mew then everything will be stuck in place. You will be expanding the palate against the grain.

A bimax on the other hand just moves everything thats already there forward, your breathing will be fixed anyway with the extra forward space. In my opinion its more natural as you are moving with the "grain" instead of against it.

We only have 1 life too and surgeries are traumatic to the body. I'm honestly just going to go for a bimax and forget about expanding the width of my palate.

pushes the cheekbones laterally, makes the ramus taller, makes your smile better, better forward growth, better maxilla.
these are all the benefits of expanding the palate.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
pushes the cheekbones laterally, makes the ramus taller, makes your smile better, better forward growth, better maxilla.
these are all the benefits of expanding the palate.
Theoretically if palate is asymmetrical then expanding it evenly would also fix some asymmetries, no? Like if cheekbones are directly correlated with palate then expanding it on smaller side would expand cheekbones laterally > thus fixing asymmetries and even chance eye area?