Explaining the low attractiveness of Indian Men

Golden Glass

Golden Glass

Just want to help my fellow man look better.
I posted this as a reply on a previous thread but it’s been taken over by what appears to be two South Asians arguing over who’s “people” is superior or something lmao and since I put a bit of thought into it, I want it to reach more eyeballs. Here’s the original text:

I tend to avoid all the racism on these forums because I think it’s self defeating and since race is literally the only physical attribute that can’t be changed (lol even height and clavicle width can be changed in the modern world), I try to not comment on racial attractiveness, as I feel it’s a pretty shitty thing to do, but I want to take a crack at the original question...Why are indians viewed so negatively in the dating world?

Note: This is mainly based on a western-centric analysis, HOWEVER, a lot of it applies outside the west as well....

1. Very low contrast in their coloring (dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair). At least some contrast would make things better, which is why you get the light eyed chadpreet meme on these forums. (African/Black Men can get away with this because of average frame stereotype of being masculine, Nordic men as well, plus their average wealth, plus the unfortunate fact of life that across almost all cultures, lighter skin on average is seen as more attractive, so if you were to compare a Swedish man with low coloring contrast and an Indian man with low coloring contrast, most people with consider the Swede better looking)

2. ON AVERAGE, small frame and very short height. If average height of Indian men were 6’5, I doubt there would be this much of a negative stereotype of them.

3. Stereotype of being Smelly due to strong scented curry in food and hygiene issues present in the country. Other ethnicities get away with this due to what most people perceive to be as positive/ masculine attributes they have that Indians on average LACK (see above and below)

4. Related to #3–Stereotype of being “dirty” and no stereotype of MASCULINITY; when you see India in a western blockbuster film you are bound to see impoverished streets full of hundreds of people, plenty of which are dirty...and ZERO “bad ass” men....contrast this to Native Americans, Latin America, the Middle East, or Africa in western films, there are also impoverished areas and people but you rarely get the sense of “dirty” as you do with India in films, and you get plenty of “bad ass” portrayals of men...think Native American men who in their soul hate the Western Colonizer and are portrayed to have that “Warrior Spirit, Colombian Cartels, Nigerian Drug Lords, or Muslim Oil Princes driving sports cars and being involved in high crime. You just don’t see this portrayed in India in western film.

5. Due to they way they speak, their accent is incredibly strong in English and is generally not seen to be attractive or masculine, like say, a French, Russian, German, or Nigerian accent can be.

6. Western portrayal/ stereotype of Indian Men in India engaging in “desperate” work or activities, like call centers or sweatshops...contrast with the Native American men who lived with purpose in harmony with nature and against the modern world, bad ass Latino and Nigerian drug lords, or Latino “artists” or Muslim men deeply devoted to their patriarchal and inherently masculine faith—hell even East Asians and Jewish people have “bad ass” or cool criminal representation in Hollywood (think mossad agents/ young Jewish financiers making it big in Wall Street or Japanese mobsters).

7. Stereotype of Indians living in the West being Nerds/Dorks: Accent has a lot to do with this, as well as heavy concentration in STEM fields and virtually no Indian representation in any liberal arts or humanities. (note how Jewish Men might have a similar stereotype but they can get away with it du to having more coloring contrast and no “dirty”/ “smelly” stereotype, and because they are also prominent in pretty much all the humanities, as well as business, finance, law, politics, etc. None of these fields have any strong Indians representation.)

I think I covered pretty much all of the major reasons Indian Men are, unfortunately for them, perceived as unattractive.

Feel free to discuss

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: valhalar, Deleted member 16209, AscendingHero and 18 others
There aren't many Indians in my country, just a handful of students who came here because of low education taxes, but they already acquired a bad reputation on the dating and nightclubbing scene for being to pushy and annoying...
A girl once told me how she had a neutral opinion about Indians but changed her mind after a bad encounter with an Indian dude. One night she was in a club with a group of female friends and was approached by an Indian guy. She was polite and talked to him for a little, then she said "OK, I'm gonna go now to my friends...". The guy followed her to the table and he kept hitting on her. He just couldn't see that she wasn't interested in him. Then he started to hit on the other girls asking for their phone numbers, e-mail, facebook accounts, etc. They told him to leave but he wouldn't understand. They moved to another table and the guy followed them. They left the club and he followed them again, not taking no for an answer. After this experience, the girl and her other female friends decided to avoid all Indian guys in the future.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaia262, owlofathena, CupOfCoffee and 4 others
There aren't many Indians in my country, just a handful of students who came here because of low education taxes, but they already acquired a bad reputation on the dating and nightclubbing scene for being to pushy and annoying...
A girl once told me how she had a neutral opinion about Indians but changed her mind after a bad encounter with an Indian dude. One night she was in a club with a group of female friends and was approached by an Indian guy. She was polite and talked to him for a little, then she said "OK, I'm gonna go now to my friends...". The guy followed her to the table and he kept hitting on her. He just couldn't see that she wasn't interested in him. Then he started to hit on the other girls asking for their phone numbers, e-mail, facebook accounts, etc. They told him to leave but he wouldn't understand. They moved to another table and the guy followed them. They left the club and he followed them again, not taking no for an answer. After this experience, the girl and her other female friends decided to avoid all Indian guys in the future.

Yeah I guess another possible stereotype would be the Indian “Pervy” Man, but I think it goes hand in hand with the Nerd/Dork one most of the time.

Does anyone know the rates of marrying outside your ethnicity for Indian/South Asian MEN vs WOMEN?

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Alt Number 3
Apparently, in India the courtship process is very long and involves the girl rejecting the guy several times, until she finally agrees to go out with him, otherwise she would look promiscuous. Many Indians who aren't very familiar with the western culture, believe that the same thing applies here, so if a girl even gives them a little attention, they start pestering her with all sorts of requests and ask her to go on dates with them. If the girl says she is busy, or rejects them softly, they think it's just part of the game, so they keep insisting and insisting, the only way to get rid of them is to act very strong by yelling and shouting insults, otherwise they would keep pushing...
By the way, the same thing applies to Indian beggars, India is full of them, and if a white guy appears there, he will be immediately surrounded and pestered for money. Ignoring them or telling them politely you don't have money, doesn't work, they would follow you even for miles, asking repeatedly for money, the only way to get rid of them is by screaming and hurling insults, otherwise they just don't understand.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11604, Gaia262, Deleted member 3162 and 4 others
Apparently, in India the courtship process is very long and involves the girl rejecting the guy several times, until she finally agrees to go out with him, otherwise she would look promiscuous. Many Indians who aren't very familiar with the western culture, believe that the same thing applies here, so if a girl even gives them a little attention, they start pestering her with all sorts of requests and ask her to go on dates with them. If the girl says she is busy, or rejects them softly, they think it's just part of the game, so they keep insisting and insisting, the only way to get rid of them is to act very strong by yelling and shouting insults, otherwise they would keep pushing...
By the way, the same thing applies to Indian beggars, India is full of them, and if a white guy appears there, he will be immediately surrounded and pestered for money. Ignoring them or telling them politely you don't have money, doesn't work, they would follow you even for miles, asking repeatedly for money, the only way to get rid of them is by screaming and hurling insults, otherwise they just don't understand.
This is legit and It's like a norm here not to accept a proposal at first even if a girl likes him

• Woah
Reactions: BigBoy

I see, well as unfortunate as that is, it’s not impossible for Indian Men in western countries to break some of the most damaging stereotypes...I’d say the worst one is the accent.

• +1
They told him to leave but he wouldn't understand. They moved to another table and the guy followed them. They left the club and he followed them again, not taking no for an answer.
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image
Related image

• JFL
Indians arent bad

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: BigBoy and Deleted member 1973
It is what it is

• So Sad
Cope, i wish i was hindu

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Zeta ascended, BigBoy, Deleted member 1973 and 2 others
In facial features Indians are just worse than whites, it's not much difference for others races that are not white.

Don’t think that’s true although I think some misguided men can get that perception from movies. In general I think it’s common sense that if a girl likes you she’ll make it clear. However it’s easy for men to cope by thinking she’s playing hard to get, applies regardless of race

India is seen as a Shithole (people I know who have been there confirm it is a shithole) so indians are seen as a little fraction of their shithole subconsciently.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
India is seen as a Shithole (people I know who have been there confirm it is a shithole) so indians are seen as a little fraction of their shithole subconsciently.

Ok but the underlying point of my original post is that other demographics can get away with being from areas perceived negatively, namely Latinos, Arabs, Native Americans, and Blacks/Men of African Descent, because they also have masculine and good stereotypes while Indian Men don’t really have any good/masculine stereotypes, and have plenty of negative ones.

I don't think actually being indian means anything. It's mainly the qualities that are common to most indian people (dark skin, rly short, small dick, etc). From what I've seen, if you're a tall, lightskin indian that doesn't smell weird or talk weird, most people don't even connect you with the stereotypes.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, IndianJock and BigBoy
I don't think actually being indian means anything. It's mainly the qualities that are common to most indian people (dark skin, rly short, small dick, etc). From what I've seen, if you're a tall, lightskin indian that doesn't smell weird or talk weird, most people don't even connect you with the stereotypes.

This is exactly why PSLers who are hooked to the idea that race/ethnicity is some sort of Incel death sentence are wrong. I’ve got a South Asian friend who does well with women because he’s like 5’11, no accent, strong facial aesthetics, is very sporty and charismatic, and has zero dorkiness/nerdiness to him.

• +1
This is exactly why PSLers who are hooked to the idea that race/ethnicity is some sort of Incel death sentence are wrong. I’ve got a South Asian friend who does well with women because he’s like 5’11, no accent, strong facial aesthetics, is very sporty and charismatic, and has zero dorkiness/nerdiness to him.

All these race-hating indian incels are usually blaming the wrong thing. If you're 5'6" and shitskinned, you're completely different from the 6'2" lightskinned indians even if you're the same race.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: IndianJock and BigBoy
I will arranged marriagemax.

Whoever did Indian's PR needs to get fired a thousand times over.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and BigBoy
JFLLLL

good looking indian is rare af, i only seen a normie indian irl for once

it's truly over for curries.

These issues are only really present in southern/middle residential Indians.

I’m Punjabi living/born in England and:
- Have light skin for an indian
- 5’11’ and muscular
- English accent
- Dont eat/smell of curry
- Get told I’m good looking even by white girls