Exploring the Art of Change: Seeking Your Expertise on the Range and Limits of Facial Modifications in Modern Plastic Surgery

A

anonymous8675

Iron
Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to gather some general insights and advice regarding the extent of facial modifications possible with contemporary plastic surgery techniques. I am mainly curious about the range of changes that can be achieved and any potential limitations due to physical dimensions or anatomical constraints.
I'm especially keen on understanding the restrictions when it comes to altering the size or position of facial features. Below, I have compiled a list of areas of interest and would greatly appreciate your input:
  1. Jaw modifications: How significantly can the jaw angle be altered? What are the limitations concerning the broadening of the jaw using an implant?
  2. Eye adjustments: Are there restrictions to how much the eyes can be moved closer together or further apart?
  3. Nose modifications: What is the potential range for reducing or enlarging the size of the nose? Could you provide some insight into possible changes to the shape?
  4. Lip enhancements: How much can the lips be augmented in volume or shape?
  5. Cheek and chin enhancements: What is the extent of potential alteration in these areas?
  6. Forehead/Brow modifications: What are the possibilities and limitations in terms of alterations?
I would also greatly appreciate any insights into other possible facial modifications not covered by the points above.
I understand that every individual's anatomy is unique, and results can vary significantly, but general guidelines or average figures would be incredibly useful.
Looking forward to expanding my understanding in this complex field based on your experiences and expertise. Thank you in advance!

• +1
Reactions: angelo
no limitations at all in surgery. this is ideal

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: angelo and CristianT
What do you mean? Like improving gonial angle? There's a lot, BSSO modifications (inverted L and Z), chin wing osteotomy
But often times if the jaws are downgrown the upper jaw needs to be shortened, and lengthening the ramus will look uncanny
Osteotomies are very case dependent

Also, yea, there are gonion implants. Im not too familiar with them, but results seem to just make faces rounder. Maybe it's cuz they didn't go to Giant

Yes, you can't do it, only 2 meme surgeries that only a third world psycho would perform (and end up blinding you)
It's case dependent, sometimes it's not that the eyes are too close apart but the facial ratios are such that it gives that impression. Other improvements to the midface can help that.
Also modifications to eye shape, like implants can make the shape seem better
And you can try soft tissue stuff

No idea. But I dont think you want to go the Michael Jackson/blackgymmax route. it looks uncanny
I don't think there are many ways to change nose shape, just the normal size reduction from rhinoplasty

You can't change the fundamental shapes of your features much.

Maxillary improvements like bimax and MSE that affect the structure itself translate to good lip improvements.
As for soft tissue shit, better not to go that route lmao.

Genioplasties and chin implants for chin.

For cheeks, idk what you mean. Maybe buccal fat removal?

But again, these are case dependent things. it's not like "oh genioplasty moves the chin forward, I want that!!!". The geometry of your bone structure must be taken into account.

Implants.

I think HGH grows the browridge but not in an aesthetic way
For cheeks I think he means zygo what would you suggest?

Last edited by a moderator: