Extruding Molars for better ramus and chin height?

mvp2v1

mvp2v1

Show me your bones & I will show you ur destiny
Screenshot 2023 12 02 at 43348AM
Screenshot 2023 12 02 at 43413AM

A couple examples of deepbitecels who had their teeth extruded. You can see how it increased the size of the lower third. I wonder if this could be used more for non-deepbite cels to achive a taller lower third

costs a tonne from memory.
Not worth it in terms of comparison against other procedures

• So Sad
Reactions: mvp2v1
costs a tonne from memory.
Not worth it in terms of comparison against other procedures
Like which? And shouldn’t it be easy with Invisalign?

Like which? And shouldn’t it be easy with Invisalign?
it's isn't just straightening the teeth like invasilign.
It's extruding the molars in a way that means you can still eat but that also lengthens your lower third without giving you a massive open bite for example. (essentially like 'forced frauding' like how people suck their cheeks in by gently biting the inside of their cheek. Same effect with lengthening the lower 3rd). Elongating the back molars to give more support to the face which will usually also include a lot of caps, crowns and veneers. You could be looking at 60k. You can get full on jaw surgery and a genio and whatever else for that

If some is rich with money to burn, and they don't need a drastic change (and for whatever reason they don't want surgery) then it's not a bad option. But just not viable for most ppl

Last edited:
  • +1
it's isn't just straightening the teeth like invasilign.
It's extruding the molars in a way that means you can still eat but that also lengthens your lower third without giving you a massive open bite for example. (essentially like 'forced frauding' like how people suck their cheeks in by gently biting the inside of their cheek. Same effect with lengthening the lower 3rd). Elongating the back molars to give more support to the face which will usually also include a lot of caps, crowns and veneers. You could be looking at 60k. You can get full on jaw surgery and a genio and whatever else for that

If some is rich with money to burn, and they don't need a drastic change (and for whatever reason they don't want surgery) then it's not a bad option. But just not viable for most ppl
I need to look into this more. 60k is for a non-deep bite cel trying to do this correct? Or are you saying correcting a deep bite this way would cost that much.

I need to look into this more. 60k is for a non-deep bite cel trying to do this correct? Or are you saying correcting a deep bite this way would cost that much.
60k (a ballpark figure) is just what this 'method' (of extruding teeth and using caps and veneers and all sorts of stuff to 'build out' the jaw) would cost. As for the requirements in terms of deep bite etc, I don't really know.

As I understand it, if you don't have a deep bite, then there wouldn't be much point in getting this done as I think it's a way of 'correcting' a deep bite without surgery or braces?

I'm no expert, but maybe this will shed some light?

• +1
you seem to be an expert in orthodontics. i had 4 premolars removed when i had braces. will that fuck me up or does it depend on genetics or what?

you seem to be an expert in orthodontics
Not even close
i had 4 premolars removed when i had braces
will that fuck me up or does it depend on genetics or what?
Will it have an impact almost certainly. However the impact may be mostly negligable depending on what you do after they are removed. If after they are removed you dont correct your tongue posture then most of the time its over. However if its corrected then there is a chance its not over. Salludon had premolars extracted, so did Jordan Barrett... I have seen people screwed over by extractions ascend.

Not even close

Will it have an impact almost certainly. However the impact may be mostly negligable depending on what you do after they are removed. If after they are removed you dont correct your tongue posture then most of the time its over. However if its corrected then there is a chance its not over. Salludon had premolars extracted, so did Jordan Barrett... I have seen people screwed over by extractions ascend.
wdym if its corrected? how do i correct it?