Eye Color Experiment: How Blue Eyes vs. Brown Eyes Revealed the Power of Perception

LowTierVitoBss

LowTierVitoBss

My sand grain is not better than yours

Eye Color Experiment: How Blue Eyes vs. Brown Eyes Revealed the Power of Perception

(TL;DR version down below for dnrdcels)

In the well-known blue eyes/brown eyes experiment conducted by the teacher Jane Elliott, she divided her class based on eye color. One day, she told the blue-eyed kids they were superior to the brown-eyed kids, giving them better treatment and praising them for their eye color. Then, the next day, she flipped it around and told the brown-eyed kids they were the superior ones, while the blue-eyed kids lost their privilege

The results were brutal. Whichever eye color was labelled as "superior" that day saw those students start performing better academically. the 'superior' kids felt more confident, behaved better and acted like they were top-tier They believed they were genuinely better, and their performance reflected that belief. Their class participation increased, their interactions became more positive, and they seemed to excel in everything they did.

On the flip side, the "inferior" group got completely wrecked. The kids who were told they were lesser because of their eye color felt demoralized and dejected. Their confidence took a nosedive, they participated less in class, and their academic performance suffered. They started to act like low-tier normies or even subhumans, internalizing the negative label slapped on them. It was devastating for their self-esteem, all because of an arbitrary characteristic like eye color.

The :blackpill:BlackPilling:blackpill: part?

"She watched and was horrified. The students started believing and accepting the traits given to them just because of their eye color."

In short, labelling one group as "superior" just based on eye color made them more confident and better performers. This shows how powerful perceived superiority can be.

And the opposite is true for perceived inferiority. The experiment really showed how quickly people can believe they’re superior or inferior based on traits like eye color or height—especially when these ideas aren’t challenged.

TL;DR: In the well-known "blue eyes/brown eyes" experiment by teacher Jane Elliott, she split her class based on eye color. One day she told the blue-eyed kids they were better than the brown-eyed kids, and then switched it the next day. Turns out, the "superior" group (whichever color was the chosen one for that day) started feeling more confident and doing better in class, while the "inferior" group felt worse and performed poorly.

so what's the lesson of today?
lesson GIF
this is a reminder that how we feel about certain traits of our body is not irrational or 'it's in your head sweety' but merely a reflection of what is either perceived as better or worse (the perception can either be societal or biological), so don't bother with that Redditor that pulls up to the class and starts berating the 'inferior' group for their grades and tell them they’re losers for being insecure and that they should shave their heads grow beards and take better picture bro!

4025338 3773053 vdvge advice

Speechmemified 4150667 4147530 IMG 5833 1
360 F 177922297 xRVO9hTpQojF64TH4CZkaRCBupk0PDfC

the soydditor said as he screams on top of his lungs at the demoralized T50cel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: coisbhai, <6PSLcel, Debetro and 4 others
@greycel @Mister Fuwy @northern mogger @Autismcel thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: nathan
modi said im superior

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: the BULL, nathan and LowTierVitoBss
bump, don't you dare inkies hit me with a dnrd video, you'll regret it :feelswhat:

Over

• So Sad
Reactions: LowTierVitoBss
brutal slow replies pill, org rotters would rather argue about black male genitals than view threads like these
Itsoveretb

good to see you @greycel :Comfy:

• Love it
Reactions: greycel
@greycel @Mister Fuwy @northern mogger @Autismcel thoughts?
Very blackpilling thanks for sharing
But I feel like at a young age too, the side with more people would ultimately be affected less. Because young kids rely more on large groups of people sharing a similar opinion/situation
Did she have the same number of people with blue eyes as brown eyes
Also previous bias may come into play, like a member being constantly told they have the “prettiest blue eyes” from birth

If the blue eyes then experienced the same dejection as the brown eyes, it shows that even the smallest insults can overcome a magnitude of reinforced appreciation
At least for children
I figure adults acknowledge things less personally, and know that brown eyes are more inferior as they are less sought after due to being more common. Most wouldn’t be affected unless constantly reminded they are inferior

Would also be interesting to see how different genders reacted, did girls lose hope and work rate plummeted; and the boys try harder to overcome this negativity, despite lower performance?

Last edited:
  • +1
Interesting could explain why the rich get richer and poor get poorer

• +1
LMAO how the fuck did you come to the exact opposite conclusion of what the study suggests?

• +1
Reactions: mug
LMAO how the fuck did you come to the exact opposite conclusion of what the study suggests?
You’re right.
I think opinions from those around you matter more for children. However, OP’s conclusion about it not being in your head, perhaps represents society’s views (and the larger population). So children are more affected by those around them, and adults are affected more by the more preferred opinion.
Children are more affected by subjective truths, and adults by objective truths.

• +1
the study is about how the perception that we have of ourselves is shaped by the 'authority' that dictates where we stand compared to our peers, in this study the teacher takes the role of the all-defining authority and claims which students are valued and which are not, my conclusion is that the reflection that we have of our circumstances aren't senseless, but are reinforced through experience, which is going to determine your outcome in society (or at least how it's gonna heavily limit you)

@greycel thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1
the study is about how the perception that we have of ourselves is shaped by the 'authority' that dictates where we stand compared to our peers, in this study the teacher takes the role of the all-defining authority and claims which students are valued and which are not, my conclusion is that the reflection that we have of our circumstances aren't senseless, but are reinforced through experience, which is going to determine your outcome in society (or at least how it's gonna heavily limit you)

@greycel thoughts?
Agree
How our environment has shaped us, since it’s had a clear toll on the children

What would also be interesting to see is that does the age you are labelled as unideal, have more of a significant effect on you than the extent to which you were labelled as ideal and the duration?
So does the fact that incels are treated like that when they are young, matter more than how bad they were treated and for how long?

• +1
You’re right.
I think opinions from those around you matter more for children. However, OP’s conclusion about it not being in your head, perhaps represents society’s views (and the larger population). So children are more affected by those around them, and adults are affected more by the more preferred opinion.
Children are more affected by subjective truths, and adults by objective truths.
nah
the point of the study is that if you buy into society's perception of you it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy
even if either one of the groups was "objectively" superior, self perception was enough to reverse that advantage - both the model of superior/inferior and your position in it are bullshit

the redditor is right - you dont have to be anything "objectively". Shaving your head and hitting the gym is more of a way to turn yourself into a blank slate, so any limiting preconceived ideas you have of your appearance can be removed to make way for you to chart your own path

• +1
Reactions: LowTierVitoBss and greycel
So does the fact that incels are treated like that when they are young, matter more than how bad they were treated and for how long?
as I said it stems from experience, being socially rejected by your close peers, to be considered inferior and undesirable according to them, which naturally leads you to a path of insecurity and self-esteem issues and in turns poorer general performance compared to others, usually this has it roots in childhood, so the younger you are , the more impressionable you are to judgement from close circles

• +1
nah
the point of the study is that if you buy into society's perception of you it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy
even if either one of the groups was "objectively" superior, self perception was enough to reverse that advantage - both the model of superior/inferior and your position in it are bullshit

the redditor is right - you dont have to be anything "objectively". Shaving your head and hitting the gym is more of a way to turn yourself into a blank slate, so any limiting preconceived ideas you have of your appearance can be removed to make way for you to chart your own path
I agreed to that jfl. The objective truths don’t affect children. They are affected more by the subjective truths, that those around them have reinforced.
You summarised it pretty well, OP meant that I’m pretty sure, check his recent comment.

• +1
nah

i didn't disagree or claim otherways, i SAID that this is society's perception

you didn't get it, i was making fun of the Redditor because he was putting the blame of the outcome on you, how it is entirely your fault and how your insecurity is constructed only in your head rather than the poor experience you had (and again I'm not saying that this is impossible to escape from, in fact, I'm claiming that the supposed 'inferiority' is entirely socially constructed and bear no objective metric considering that the narrative can easily be persuaded)

Last edited:
my conclusion is that the reflection that we have of our circumstances aren't senseless, but are reinforced through experience, which is going to determine your outcome in society (or at least how it's gonna heavily limit you)

@greycel thoughts?
the point is that theres no reason for it to determine your outcome in society, youre the one who controls that

i was making fun of the Redditor because he was putting the blame of the outcome on you, how it is entirely your fault and how your insecurity is constructed only in your head rather than the poor experience you had
is it understandable that he feels that way? yes
is it reasonable? no
his little motivational comment was supposed to be hype the guy up i think, you prolly misinterpreted it as more critical than it actually is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back