Facial harmony is key

Deleted member 245

Deleted member 245

Kraken
We've all seen it. The guy who has most, if not all the facial features PSLI masturbates over but he still doesn't look that good and you never see him with women.

We've also seen the converse. The guy with a roundish jaw and upper eyelid exposure that is still attractive to women.

I really think being attractive is more about a woman liking your phenotype than anything. Obviously you can't have horribly retruded bone structure but beyond a certain point facial harmony becomes more important.

What bothers me is that facial harmony is so damn hard to figure out. Some cases women will say a guy is so hot but I can't figure out for the life of me what makes them attractive besides status halo. In a couple of cases these guys didn't even have status.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: angelo, Looks234, Feminineboi and 4 others
This. Some guys don't really have explicitly weak features but still look unimpressive because he lacks facial harmony. If you got good harmony you can still be attractive with 1-2 subhuman features. Most women don't even know how to rate you systemically. All that counts is the overall impression where facial harmony plays a big part.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 466 and FatmanO
A lot of what people call harmony is just good skin and coloring
- Ryan Gosling no good PSL features except tall chin
PSL 7+ skin and coloring though

A lot of what people call harmony is just good skin and coloring
- Ryan Gosling no good PSL features except tall chin
PSL 7+ skin and coloring though

He has very good harmony. Harmony is about ratios and proportions.

• JFL
Reactions: Roge
He has very good harmony. Harmony is about ratios and proportions.

View attachment 7642

Thats not a good harmony imo. Harmony is not only about ratios but also propotions.

-close set eyes
-chin height / mouth to upper lip-ratio is not ideal
-flat face
-mouth failos him hard, too narrow and bottom lip is too big

Hes too overrated. Max psl 5.5

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BeautifulBones
Thats not a good harmony imo. Harmony is not only about ratios but also propotions.

-close set eyes
-chin height / mouth to upper lip-ratio is not ideal
-flat face
-mouth failos him hard, too narrow and bottom lip is too big

Hes too overrated. Max psl 5.5

Flat face is unrelated to harmony

I see hes flaws and i agree, but most of these are minor except for the close set eyes wich is definetly a flaw but doesn't cause any asthethic issue. Excepect for that everything is very nicely set and harmonized.

A slightly too tall chin, or a slightly to narrow mouth doesn't really matter that much. Yeah he is definetly not perfect but he has all in all good harmony.

There is a reason why this guy could fuck any woman or jb . He is definetly being haloed by roles, media, publicity and all that shit but if he had poor harmony, it would've never had worked.

Flat face is unrelated to harmony

I see hes flaws and i agree, but most of these are minor except for the close set eyes wich is definetly a flaw but doesn't cause any asthethic issue. Excepect for that everything is very nicely set and harmonized.

A slightly too tall chin, or a slightly to narrow mouth doesn't really matter that much. Yeah he is definetly not perfect but he has all in all good harmony.

There is a reason why this guy could fuck any woman or jb . He is definetly being haloed by roles, media, publicity and all that shit but if he had poor harmony, it would've never had worked.

That's not harmony buddy buyoo

Harmony pretty much means = Be above average looking + no flaws

why is Donkek from lookism only able to date ~ average looking girls features despite having a lot of PSL hallmarks

Screen Shot 2018 12 09 at 15540 AM

Screen Shot 2018 12 09 at 15558 AM

It's because things like bad grooming,laterally recessed hairline, hyperpigmentation, and his Jay Leno tier chin put his harmony is in the sewer

That's not harmony buddy buyoo

Harmony pretty much means = Be above average looking + no flaws

why is Donkek from lookism only able to date ~ average looking girls features despite having a lot of PSL hallmarks

View attachment 7663

View attachment 7664

It's because things like bad grooming,laterally recessed hairline, hyperpigmentation, and his Jay Leno tier chin put his harmony is in the sewer
id put his weirdly shaped zygos and pouty af mouth in there too
i also think you can put up averageness as a harmony-factor, science on it is pretty clear here's a writeup i found a while back ill spoiler it bcs im nice guy
Averageness refers to how closely a face resembles the majority of other faces within a population; non-average faces have more extreme characteristics than the average of a population. Average faces may be attractive because an alignment of features that is close to a population average is linked to genetic diversity [54,55]. Thornhill & Gangestad [54] have argued that average faces may be preferred to less-average faces because owners of average faces possess a more diverse set of genes, which may result in less common proteins to which pathogens are poorly adapted. Parasites are generally best adapted to proteins that are common in the host population; hence, parasites are adapted to the genes that code for the production of these proteins. A second evolutionary theory for the attractiveness of averageness in faces is that extreme (non-average) genotypes are more likely to be homozygous for deleterious alleles, that is, to be more likely to possess genes that are detrimental to an individual than those with more average genotypes [54]. Both of these theories propose evolutionary benefits to mating with individuals possessing average faces.

Recent studies have supported the link between averageness, heterozygosity (i.e. genetic diversity) and attractiveness. Heterozygosity in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) genes that code for proteins involved in immune response, is positively associated with facial attractiveness [56] and facial averageness [57]. More directly, another study has shown that facial averageness is positively related to medical health as measured from actual medical records in both men and women [58]. Facial averageness can then be potentially associated with both direct benefits in terms of associating with healthy, parasite- and/or disease-free partners and indirect benefits of heterozygous genes that can be passed onto offspring.

There is good evidence that average faces are indeed found attractive. Galton [59] first noted that multiple faces blended together were more attractive than the constituent faces. Recent studies have improved upon these techniques using computers to create digitally blended composite faces; generally, the more images in a composite, the more attractive it is found [6062]. Aside from composite images, Light et al. [63] found that, in unmanipulated male faces, more attractive faces were rated as less distinctive, and Rhodes & Tremewan [64] found that higher averageness was associated with higher attractiveness when manipulating averageness via digital caricaturing.

Average faces are generally more symmetric and symmetry is typically attractive in faces (discussed in more detail above). Several studies have controlled for this confound in the original studies. When averageness and symmetry were independently manipulated, one study found that both manipulations positively and independently influenced attractiveness judgements [65]. Other studies have used perfectly symmetric images manipulated in averageness and still have demonstrated preferences for averageness [66,67]. Indeed, by comparing preferences for averageness when the effects of symmetry were controlled for and were not controlled for, Jones et al. [66] demonstrated that the contribution of symmetry to the attractiveness of average faces was minimal.

It has also been noted that, in the original composite studies, the more images that are blended together the smoother the skin texture becomes, as imperfections such as lines or blemishes are averaged [68]. Skin colour/texture has been controlled in studies that normalize the texture/colour of all the faces seen and all these studies demonstrate that average is attractive [62,64,66,67]. Examples of composite images and the effects of shape and colour averaging can be seen in figure 2.

rstb20100404f02.jpg
Figure 2.
Averageness. (a) A composite image made from three images, (b) the same image given the colour of nine images and (c) a shape and colour composite made from nine images. Image (c) should be more attractive than both of the other images. Composites are made by marking key locations around the main facial features (e.g. points outline the eyes, nose and mouth) and the outline of each face (e.g. jaw line, hair line). The average location of each point of the component faces is then calculated to define the shape of the composite. The images of the individual faces are then warped to the relevant average shape before superimposing the images to produce a photographic quality composite image.

While the majority of the work described above has been carried out in North America, Britain and Australia, averageness has also been found to be attractive across different cultures. For example, facial averageness is also found attractive in Japanese participants [69] and in African hunter–gatherers [67].
for footnotes: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rstb.2010.0404#d3e336
averageness is obv pretty important has a theoretical base too but no one actually implements in their psl ratings bcs its hard to make an argument that a face is average. i think donkek has a very non-average face not just for reasons already mentioned but in general, cant really explain why except for making some vague comments towards angularity and maybe "harmony" (which i think is very much used as a substitute for "averageness" in ratings it just feels more tangible), his zygos are weirdly shaped af too, but theres something more that stops his face from being normal

• +1
Facial harmony imo is the combined result of all the features and the effect it has on us. There are guys with not so impressive features, no diamond cutting jaws or hunter eyes but they look good.

When you look at Bale, does he have a square face or massive jaw which are considered must have by the PSL community? His eye area is good though. But he completely destroys the lookism guy posted above. Bale looks pretty, trustable and high status. While the lookism guy doesn't have those traits imo.

christian-bale-is-bruce-wayne-batman-in-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

There are so many other examples.

tumblr_mhldqmz9iw1qecjieo1_500.jpg

Pacino has bug eyes and no hollow cheeks or a jaw that would be appreciated by PSL community. But the guy was still popular among women. You can't just put it all to status since not all famous movie stars become popular among women or become romantic leads.

What does he have? I'd say the same thing Bale has. He again has that pretty, trustable phenotype.

I'd say these guys have facial harmony.

• +1
Facial harmony imo is the combined result of all the features and the effect it has on us. There are guys with not so impressive features, no diamond cutting jaws or hunter eyes but they look good.

When you look at Bale, does he have a square face or massive jaw which are considered must have by the PSL community? His eye area is good though. But he completely destroys the lookism guy posted above. Bale looks pretty, trustable and high status. While the lookism guy doesn't have those traits imo.

Pacino has bug eyes and no hollow cheeks or a jaw that would be appreciated by PSL community. But the guy was still popular among women. You can't just put it all to status since not all famous movie stars become popular among women or become romantic leads.

What does he have? I'd say the same thing Bale has. He again has that pretty, trustable phenotype.

Al Pacino was very gl tbh

Al pacino

they both have sound bone structure tbh
bale especially he has very little flaws
053117-patrick-bateman-skincare-lead.jpg

christian+bale.jpg

his jaw and lower third in general are great people on this site just have no idea what to look for except for the broad and square-meme they picked up somewhere on facebook. his lower third is tall, angular and he has a big but fitting chin. thats the idea lower third described in three characteristics (though his lower third is not perfect btw tbh). his zygos are sound and high, maxilla is good enough pretty broad palate pretty well developed, orbitals and brow ridge are very good. he does not have insane bone projection or a very striking face in general but all of his face is on point its clear that he is and should be considered goodlooking. angularity and harmony (ie averageness) come into play too probably but i dont think its necessary to draw on those to explain his appeal. if i had to describe his face in one word it would probably be harmonious even but i think that his harmony can for a very large part be explained by the fact that every single individual part of his face is sound.

al pacino story is about the same. doesnt have that much objective flaws at all, only his round eyes and uppereyelid (which i think his orbitals and zygos compensate for) and his flat-ish maxilla (though i cant find any sides so not sure about it). he relies more on harmony and pheno than bale but i would still consider him above averagely attractive rating feature-by-feature

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
Donkek has good individual features, don’t like his jaw at all, too narrow maybe if he had a wider jaw he’d look more impressive, wasnt he rated a 7psl in lookism? Lol