Facial Luminance Difference and Impact on Attraction

tldr: women use makeup to become more attractive, but on men it makes them look like faggots.

most actors use makeup but u can't tell

Finally got to read all of it. @Kingkellz I notice a lot of blacks guys especially in today’s age cope trying to be more attractive by getting blue eye contacts or surgery

AD46C9D1 DC48 4B46 9408 51AEB0A96625 CA4EBC18 14C9 4C95 ACEA EBE07A065F5A 38152A77 E368 47CA 8B85 6C1B8D64C8E3

It looks try hard & doesn’t contrast well with our skin complexion.

Unless you were born with heterochromia like Mekhi Lucky and have a good eye area to go along with it

1DA49DF5 74D7 4091 AFFB E7DC6E3D9ADB

Other then that having light brown looks way better & more natural for black men IMO

17773666 9743 4DBC B331 474E7F4B4418 94E95075 4991 4F3F A6A8 53A7D7E6190C 150AB1E6 A5E5 4CAB B9CC DDB4BEB5F2C4

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Zeta ascended, Wallenberg and 4 others
PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT'S FACIAL LUMINANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!???????????????????????????

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Cain and 1 other person
WHATS FACIAL LUMINENCE ???????
Luminance or luminosity is simply the intensity of light reflected from your face to the observers eye.

The intensity of light reflected from one portion of the face compared to the intensity of light reflected from another portion of the face is known as the facial luminance difference.

What this thread is talking about in simple terms: increasing or decreasing the contrast between 2 factors, factor one being the eyes+mouth and factor two being the skin.

Increasing the contrast between these 2 factors is beneficial for females (this is actually one of the things makeup does) by making them look more feminine and hence more attractive.

Decreasing the contrast between these 2 factors is beneficial for males by making them look more masculine and hence more attractive.

• +1
Reactions: Gestapo and Deleted member 6273
You mean debunked? Low iq itt lmao no one can read. It says dark eyes and mouth are worse for men and better for women.
Dark looks = Dark skin = Decreased facial luminance

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz
"B-b-but you need contrasting coloring bro!!" :soy::soy:

Good thread.

• +1
BOTB tier post from yours truly

• +1
Reactions: Gestapo and Kingkellz
Finally got to read all of it. @Kingkellz I notice a lot of blacks guys especially in today’s age cope trying to be more attractive by getting blue eye contacts or surgery

View attachment 1037253View attachment 1037254View attachment 1037256

Unless you were born with heterochromia like Mekhi Lucky and have a good eye area to go along with it

View attachment 1037257

Other then that having light brown looks way better & more natural for black men IMO

View attachment 1037258View attachment 1037259View attachment 1037260
Even light brown eyes doesn’t look natural. Darker is better.

A2133072 13E4 4BF6 BB57 7805C54D8B3D
B6CD5670 A0B1 474F BBB4 6C790D0D7D63

• +1
Reactions: tyronelite and Kingkellz
Read this thread 50 times and it still doesn't make sense

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope, Kingkellz and randomvanish
Holy shit what a thread congrats OP

• +1
So grow out a stubble ?

• +1

View attachment 1037253View attachment 1037254View attachment 1037256

View attachment 1037257

View attachment 1037258View attachment 1037259View attachment 1037260
Whats the point of the pictures when you just cherry pick ugly people with contacts and then better looking people without contacts. At least make it a fair comparison that actually shows the visual difference of contacts vs no contacts. Now all we can see is ugly people who happens to wear contact vs less ugly people who happen to not be wearing contacts

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Kingkellz and Deleted member 6273
Whats the point of the pictures when you just cherry pick ugly people with contacts and then better looking people without contacts. At least make it a fair comparison that actually shows the visual difference of contacts vs no contacts. Now all we can see is ugly people who happens to wear contact vs less ugly people who happen to not be wearing contacts
Only one person had blue contacts in the pics. The rest were genetic mutations & one surgery for blue eyes

You missed the point. I said as a black guy it’s better to get light brown / hazel contacts cuz it fits our phenotype rather than blue contacts regardless of how ugly or attractive you are

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Kingkellz
Only one person had blue contacts in the pics. The rest were genetic mutations & one surgery for blue eyes

You missed the point. I said as a black guy it’s better to get light brown / hazel contacts cuz it fits our phenotype rather than blue contacts regardless of how ugly or attractive you are
Ok, my bad. Contacts or not, the picture doesn't give a fair comparison imo, and thus doesn't illustrate the point you're trying to convey. I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your assertion, just that the pictures aren't a good illustration.

My personal inclination is that blue eyes on black guys looks extremely striking

original.jpg

73f262022595705775a5b017edb3f802.jpg

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, tyronelite and Kingkellz
Ok, my bad. Contacts or not, the picture doesn't give a fair comparison imo, and thus doesn't illustrate the point you're trying to convey. I'm not saying you are right or wrong in your assertion, just that the pictures aren't a good illustration.

My personal inclination is that blue eyes on black guys looks extremely striking

original.jpg

73f262022595705775a5b017edb3f802.jpg
Well Meeks is biracial.. but IMO blue eyes are overrated. I think green eyes are even more striking

As long as the eyes aren’t dark brown & the limbal ring is dark & thick your eyes will be striking

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, AscendingHero, Gestapo and 3 others
Interesting.

Explains why some men with overly red lips look weird and faggy.
View attachment 1024528
Red lips have been considered attractive in women in geographically and temporally diverse cultures, possibly because they mimic vasodilation associated with sexual arousal.
Participants increased redness contrast to enhance femininity and attractiveness of female faces, but reduced redness contrast to enhance masculinity of men's faces.
The association between lip colour contrast and attractiveness in women's faces may be attributable to its association with oxygenated blood perfusion indicating oestrogen levels, sexual arousal, and cardiac and respiratory health.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6273, LastHopeForNorman and 5 others
that's why young female children shouldn't wear lipstick

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, Deleted member 2729, Effortless and 7 others
When you realize men look better then women because they dont need fakeup

• +1
Good shit bro I always noticed this but had no name for it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, pizza and Kingkellz
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, pizza, AsGoodAsItGets and 1 other person
Op am I gay if I prefer women without makeup to darken their eye and mouth areas? I like the more natural look and dark eyes especially look jarring to me

• +1
Reactions: pizza, zeke714 and Kingkellz
Just want to say @Kingkellz I have applied these concepts in the following ways:

- Tanning
- Growing a beard
- Experimenting with darkening eyebrows

The results have been staggering. My subjective view is that I look better, but the more interesting thing is the amount of IOIs I've gotten at the gym and in shopping malls / public in general. Even though my body fat percentage is higher than usual because of covid, I feel I'm getting more IOIs than when I was lean, pale and no facial hair, interestingly.

I'm also noticing that the correlation between people I find attractive and contrast is very strong, both in men and women. Women are in general much better at making sure their colors are contrasting.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, AscendingHero, Kingkellz and 2 others
co
Introduction/Abstract:
It has been suggested that the consistent luminance difference between the darker
regions of the eyes and mouth and the lighter regions that surround them forms a pattern unique
to faces. The hypothesis that the size of the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face affects the attractiveness of male and female faces differently. Female faces were
found to be more attractive when this luminance difference was increased than when it was decreased, and the opposite was found for male faces. The luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face is naturally greater in women than men. In this case increasing or decreasing the luminance
difference will make a face more feminine or masculine, respectively, and hence, more or less
attractive depending on the sex of the face.

Cosmetic use and effects on relative luminance difference:
Cosmetic use that changes the luminance
or coloration of the face is far less common among men than women, historically as
well as in the present. One of the more consistent uses of cosmetics to make the female face more attractive
is to darken the eyes and mouth relative to the surrounding skin. It is a reasonable supposition that
primarily women use cosmetics to accentuate the face pattern because only they are
made more attractive by this transformation. This suggests that the relationship
between attractiveness and the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and
the rest of the face (the amplitude of the face pattern) differs by sex, rather than being
common to all faces.
(For those who don't want to read everything, just read the 'claim/hypothesis' part then skip to the 'conclusion' part and read everything below that.)

Main Claim & Hypothesis:
Both males and females generally have eye and mouth regions that are 'darker' than the surrounding face but the relative luminance difference is greater in female faces than in male faces.

Increasing the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of face should make female faces more feminine and hence MORE attractive.
Decreasing the luminance difference
between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face should make male faces more masculine and hence MORE attractive.

👇In order to see if this was true, 4 experiments were conducted👇

Experiment #1:
In the first experiment, versions of each face
were made in which the eyes and mouths of the faces were darkened, lightened, or left unchanged, while the rest of the face was untouched.
View attachment 1024465
Figure 1. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 1.
View attachment 1024466
Figure 2. Results from experiment 1. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three
conditions. Higher numbers indicate higher ratings. Error bars are Æ1 SE.

Results: Pairwise comparisons of the female faces found that the faces in the difference-increased and unchanged
conditions elicited significantly more attractive ratings than the faces in the difference-
decreased condition. The faces in the difference-increased condition were rated more

attractive than those in the unchanged condition.
The male faces showed the exact opposite configuration

of results, with the faces in the difference-decreased and unchanged conditions being
rated significantly more attractive than the faces in the difference-increased condition.

Though the male faces were rated more attractive in the difference-decreased condition than the unchanged condition.

The results show a clear interaction between the size of the luminance difference
and the sex of the face being rated. Specifically, female faces were rated more
attractive when the difference between the eyes and mouth was increased than when
it was decreased, while for male faces the opposite was the case.

Experiment #2:
In the second experiment,
versions of each face were made in which the eyes and mouths of the faces were left
untouched, while the rest of the face was darkened, lightened, or left unchanged.

Because the eyes and mouth were held constant, luminance difference
was increased when the rest of the face was lightened, and luminance difference was
decreased when the rest of the face was darkened.
View attachment 1024472
Figure 3. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 2.
View attachment 1024474
Figure 4. Results from experiment 2. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three

Results: Pairwise comparisons of the female faces found no significant differences between any of the
conditions. However, for the male faces, significant differences were found between all
three of the conditions, with the difference-decreased faces more attractive than the
unchanged faces, which were in turn more attractive than the difference-increased

faces.

The results for male faces in experiment 2 were
consistent with the notion that male faces are more attractive when the luminance
difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face is decreased, and less
attractive when it is increased.

Experiment #3:
The third experiment, unlike the other three, used images of the faces that included
the entire head and neck.
The images were the same as those used in experiment 1,
except that more of the head was visible. This experiment was performed to assess
whether the results of the first two experiments would be the same when the external
features of the face were visible.

View attachment 1024483
Figure 5. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 3.
View attachment 1024485
Figure 6. Results from experiment 3. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three
conditions. Higher numbers indicate higher ratings. Error bars are +/-1 SE.

Results: Pairwise comparisons of
the female faces found the unchanged faces to be significantly more attractive than the
difference-decreased faces. Pairwise comparisons of the male faces showed the faces in the difference-decreased and unchanged conditions to be rated significantly more attractive than the faces in the difference-increased condition.

Experiment #4:
In the fourth experiment,
there were also three versions of each face, though the entire image was darkened or
lightened, with no portion being left untouched.
This experiment did not change the relative luminance
difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face.
View attachment 1024486
Figure 7. From left to right are examples of darkened, unchanged, and brightened versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 4.
View attachment 1024487
Figure 8. Results from experiment 4. Ratings for male and female faces plotted for the three
overall luminance conditions. Higher numbers indicate higher ratings. Error bars are +/-1 SE.

Results: Critically, unlike
the other three experiments in which the luminance difference between the eyes and
mouth and the rest of the face was manipulated, there was no interaction between condition and sex of face in experiment 4.
Changing the luminance of only the eyes and mouth (experiments
1 and 3) or only the rest of the face (experiment 2)
affected the attractiveness of male
and female faces differently.
However, changing the luminance value of the entire image
(experiment 4) did not affect the attractiveness of male and female faces differently.

Conclusion:
The assertion that the present study does support is that
the size of the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the
face affects the attractiveness of male and female faces differently.
Increasing the luminance difference of a female face will make the face more feminine, and hence more attractive.
Decreasing the luminance difference of a male face will make the face more masculine, and hence more attractive.

Even without cosmetics the luminance difference between the eyes and the mouth and the rest of the face is greater in women than men, because the rest of the face is lighter in women than in men. The lighter skin of females is ultimately a result of their greater need for UV light to synthesize previtamin D3 to support the greater calcium needs of pregnancy.

View attachment 1024488
As you can see, the more feminine the face gets the luminance difference increases(mainly because of lighter skin) and the more masculine the face gets the luminance difference decreases(mainly due to 'darker' skin). Secondary factors like facial hair, eyebrows, and vermilion exposure also played a role in increasing or decreasing the facial luminance difference.

THE BIG QUESTION:
What can we as men do to decrease the luminance difference between our eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to become more masculine and attractive?
Option 1: Grow out facial hair

A bonus addition to this option could be to darken and thicken your eyebrows via dyes + eyebrow transplants. Thicker, darker eyebrows reduce the luminance difference between the eyes and the rest of the face.

*Option 2: Tan

The reason I put an asterisk by this option is because this may not apply to everyone, especially those with already dark skin. But this can help those that have a vampire-like pale and unhealthy skin.

Examples of how women use make-up to increase the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to look more attractive:
Just the eyes:
View attachment 1024492
(mainly with the use of eyelashes, eyeliner, and mascara)

Just the mouth:
View attachment 1024494
(mainly with the use of lipstick and lip gloss)

Both eyes & mouth:
View attachment 1024496View attachment 1024497
(eyelashes, eyeliner/mascara for eyes and lipstick/lip gloss for mouth)
Notice how they have increased the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face by making their eyes and mouth 'darker' and thus making them more attractive.

Examples of how men can reduce the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to look more attractive:
'Darken' skin:
View attachment 1024501
(self-tanners, beta-carotene supps, MT2, tanning beds)

Just the eyes:
View attachment 1024502
(thickening + darkening eyebrows)
*the key difference between men and women in this aspect is that women thin the brows and enhance the eyelashes + eyeliner/mascara while men thicken/darken eyebrows and avoid the use of eyeliner/mascara.

Just the mouth:
View attachment 1024504
(growing out facial hair or get a beard transplant if you can't)

All of the above:
View attachment 1024506
(skin 'darker' (tanner), hair + eyebrows darker, facial hair grown out)
These are ways men can reduce their luminance difference by 'darkening' their skin + hair to look more attractive.

Yes I know weight loss and other factors as well helped create such a drastic outcome but finding pics for men was much harder than for women but I tried.

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @TRNA @SubhumanCurrycel @Grimba @Ocelot @tyronelite @far336
contrasting colour theory on suicide watch

• +1
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: .👽. and Kingkellz
sincerely here in brazil anyone with light eyes live in a completely different reality
it's different with eyes tbh the facial luminance covers moreso the tanning around the lips and under eyes light eyes always mog

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Kingkellz and pizza
Do you think Asian women would still prefer less luminance?

• +1
@badg96

• +1
Introduction/Abstract:
It has been suggested that the consistent luminance difference between the darker
regions of the eyes and mouth and the lighter regions that surround them forms a pattern unique
to faces. The hypothesis that the size of the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face affects the attractiveness of male and female faces differently. Female faces were
found to be more attractive when this luminance difference was increased than when it was decreased, and the opposite was found for male faces. The luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face is naturally greater in women than men. In this case increasing or decreasing the luminance
difference will make a face more feminine or masculine, respectively, and hence, more or less
attractive depending on the sex of the face.

Cosmetic use and effects on relative luminance difference:
Cosmetic use that changes the luminance
or coloration of the face is far less common among men than women, historically as
well as in the present. One of the more consistent uses of cosmetics to make the female face more attractive
is to darken the eyes and mouth relative to the surrounding skin. It is a reasonable supposition that
primarily women use cosmetics to accentuate the face pattern because only they are
made more attractive by this transformation. This suggests that the relationship
between attractiveness and the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and
the rest of the face (the amplitude of the face pattern) differs by sex, rather than being
common to all faces.
(For those who don't want to read everything, just read the 'claim/hypothesis' part then skip to the 'conclusion' part and read everything below that.)

Main Claim & Hypothesis:
Both males and females generally have eye and mouth regions that are 'darker' than the surrounding face but the relative luminance difference is greater in female faces than in male faces.

Increasing the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of face should make female faces more feminine and hence MORE attractive.
Decreasing the luminance difference
between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face should make male faces more masculine and hence MORE attractive.

👇In order to see if this was true, 4 experiments were conducted👇

Experiment #1:
In the first experiment, versions of each face
were made in which the eyes and mouths of the faces were darkened, lightened, or left unchanged, while the rest of the face was untouched.
View attachment 1024465
Figure 1. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 1.
View attachment 1024466
Figure 2. Results from experiment 1. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three

Results: Pairwise comparisons of the female faces found that the faces in the difference-increased and unchanged
conditions elicited significantly more attractive ratings than the faces in the difference-
decreased condition. The faces in the difference-increased condition were rated more

attractive than those in the unchanged condition.
The male faces showed the exact opposite configuration

of results, with the faces in the difference-decreased and unchanged conditions being
rated significantly more attractive than the faces in the difference-increased condition.

Though the male faces were rated more attractive in the difference-decreased condition than the unchanged condition.

The results show a clear interaction between the size of the luminance difference
and the sex of the face being rated. Specifically, female faces were rated more
attractive when the difference between the eyes and mouth was increased than when
it was decreased, while for male faces the opposite was the case.

Experiment #2:
In the second experiment,
versions of each face were made in which the eyes and mouths of the faces were left
untouched, while the rest of the face was darkened, lightened, or left unchanged.

Because the eyes and mouth were held constant, luminance difference
was increased when the rest of the face was lightened, and luminance difference was
decreased when the rest of the face was darkened.
View attachment 1024472
Figure 3. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 2.
View attachment 1024474
Figure 4. Results from experiment 2. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three

Results: Pairwise comparisons of the female faces found no significant differences between any of the
conditions. However, for the male faces, significant differences were found between all
three of the conditions, with the difference-decreased faces more attractive than the
unchanged faces, which were in turn more attractive than the difference-increased

faces.

The results for male faces in experiment 2 were
consistent with the notion that male faces are more attractive when the luminance
difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face is decreased, and less
attractive when it is increased.

Experiment #3:
The third experiment, unlike the other three, used images of the faces that included
the entire head and neck.
The images were the same as those used in experiment 1,
except that more of the head was visible. This experiment was performed to assess
whether the results of the first two experiments would be the same when the external
features of the face were visible.

View attachment 1024483
Figure 5. From left to right are examples of luminance-difference decreased, unchanged, and
luminance-difference increased versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 3.
View attachment 1024485
Figure 6. Results from experiment 3. Ratings for male and female faces are plotted for the three
conditions. Higher numbers indicate higher ratings. Error bars are +/-1 SE.

Results: Pairwise comparisons of
the female faces found the unchanged faces to be significantly more attractive than the
difference-decreased faces. Pairwise comparisons of the male faces showed the faces in the difference-decreased and unchanged conditions to be rated significantly more attractive than the faces in the difference-increased condition.

Experiment #4:
In the fourth experiment,
there were also three versions of each face, though the entire image was darkened or
lightened, with no portion being left untouched.
This experiment did not change the relative luminance
difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the face.
View attachment 1024486
Figure 7. From left to right are examples of darkened, unchanged, and brightened versions of female (top) and male (bottom) faces from experiment 4.
View attachment 1024487
Figure 8. Results from experiment 4. Ratings for male and female faces plotted for the three
overall luminance conditions. Higher numbers indicate higher ratings. Error bars are +/-1 SE.

Results: Critically, unlike
the other three experiments in which the luminance difference between the eyes and
mouth and the rest of the face was manipulated, there was no interaction between condition and sex of face in experiment 4.
Changing the luminance of only the eyes and mouth (experiments
1 and 3) or only the rest of the face (experiment 2)
affected the attractiveness of male
and female faces differently.
However, changing the luminance value of the entire image
(experiment 4) did not affect the attractiveness of male and female faces differently.

Conclusion:
The assertion that the present study does support is that
the size of the luminance difference between the eyes and mouth and the rest of the
face affects the attractiveness of male and female faces differently.
Increasing the luminance difference of a female face will make the face more feminine, and hence more attractive.
Decreasing the luminance difference of a male face will make the face more masculine, and hence more attractive.

Even without cosmetics the luminance difference between the eyes and the mouth and the rest of the face is greater in women than men, because the rest of the face is lighter in women than in men. The lighter skin of females is ultimately a result of their greater need for UV light to synthesize previtamin D3 to support the greater calcium needs of pregnancy.

View attachment 1024488
As you can see, the more feminine the face gets the luminance difference increases(mainly because of lighter skin) and the more masculine the face gets the luminance difference decreases(mainly due to 'darker' skin). Secondary factors like facial hair, eyebrows, and vermilion exposure also played a role in increasing or decreasing the facial luminance difference.

THE BIG QUESTION:
What can we as men do to decrease the luminance difference between our eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to become more masculine and attractive?
Option 1: Grow out facial hair

A bonus addition to this option could be to darken and thicken your eyebrows via dyes + eyebrow transplants. Thicker, darker eyebrows reduce the luminance difference between the eyes and the rest of the face.

*Option 2: Tan

The reason I put an asterisk by this option is because this may not apply to everyone, especially those with already dark skin. But this can help those that have a vampire-like pale and unhealthy skin.

Examples of how women use make-up to increase the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to look more attractive:
Just the eyes:
View attachment 1024492
(mainly with the use of eyelashes, eyeliner, and mascara)

Just the mouth:
View attachment 1024494
(mainly with the use of lipstick and lip gloss)

Both eyes & mouth:
View attachment 1024496View attachment 1024497
(eyelashes, eyeliner/mascara for eyes and lipstick/lip gloss for mouth)
Notice how they have increased the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face by making their eyes and mouth 'darker' and thus making them more attractive.

Examples of how men can reduce the luminance difference between the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the face to look more attractive:
'Darken' skin:
View attachment 1024501
(self-tanners, beta-carotene supps, MT2, tanning beds)

Just the eyes:
View attachment 1024502
(thickening + darkening eyebrows)
*the key difference between men and women in this aspect is that women thin the brows and enhance the eyelashes + eyeliner/mascara while men thicken/darken eyebrows and avoid the use of eyeliner/mascara.

Just the mouth:
View attachment 1024504
(growing out facial hair or get a beard transplant if you can't)

All of the above:
View attachment 1024506
(skin 'darker' (tanner), hair + eyebrows darker, facial hair grown out)
These are ways men can reduce their luminance difference by 'darkening' their skin + hair to look more attractive.

Yes I know weight loss and other factors as well helped create such a drastic outcome but finding pics for men was much harder than for women but I tried.

@john2 @Chintuck22 @the next o'pry @TRNA @SubhumanCurrycel @Grimba @Ocelot @tyronelite @far336
Dark features like eyebrows eyelashes make a face attractive

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Kingkellz
So:
As a man one should not enhance eye-Lashes?
Or should he?
Just because i read that one way women enhance their contrast is darker eye lashes?
I guess long eye lashes could be good for a man. (And longer eye lashes are more important for women)

Great thread

Also: As a man wear type of lip gloss that makes lips whiter / lighter (opposite of redder)? (when i am a caucasion whiteskin)
Or even lipstick that makes lips less red

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and AscendingHero
So:
As a man one should not enhance eye-Lashes?
Or should he?
That's the same thing I was thinking but I concluded it was a good thing overall due to women IRL complimenting me and other men with long eyelashes. I think as long as you have thick dark eyebrows to go along with it, it balances out and looks good.
Also: As a man wear type of lip gloss that makes lips whiter / lighter (opposite of redder)? (when i am a caucasion whiteskin)
Or even lipstick that makes lips less red
Yes you could in theory do that (if you want) similar to how this tutorial shows you.

• +1
Reactions: Real
What's R Kelly's PSL? @Kingkellz

• +1
interesting thread like usual. thanks OP.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Kingkellz and AscendingHero
That's the same thing I was thinking but I concluded it was a good thing overall due to women IRL complimenting me and other men with long eyelashes. I think as long as you have thick dark eyebrows to go along with it, it balances out and looks good.

Yes you could in theory do that (if you want) similar to how this tutorial shows you.

Regarding making contrast smaller for myself by making lips less red and more like my skin, i tried 3 products:
(i have to say unfortunately i think my camera is too bad to really capture the look in real life)

(ps look at it in imgur directly to watch it bigger, for the heck of it looksmax org does not change the imgur preview even if i deleted cookies and browser cache already)

On picture looks like hardly a difference.
In real life it's much more easily seeable. There is a small difference, mostly with the light lipstick.
But also one can see that i put something on there, somehow the 'wrinkles' of the lips get exxagerated or smth.
In the pic i like the hydrating nude.

Just be shitskin theory

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275 and forevermirin
i created this theory on psl 5 years ago, it was called contrast theory. glad the science is finally catching up

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: forevermirin, Slayerino and Kingkellz