Facial Recession/Drooping/Asymmetry (causes and methods for solutions)

varoo

varoo

Iron
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TLDR: this CAN happen from:
  1. Scoliosis (twisting and curving of the spine)
  2. Neural Preference (body compensates for neurological preference by shifting shape of skull)
  3. Torticollis (a side of the neck pulls/strains, while the other is often loose, causing the spine/neck bones to shift)
  4. Orthodontic Issues (maybe braces gave you bone asymmetry or you haven't had orthodontic care when you need it)
  5. Different Sized Master Muscles (jaw muscles, used for chewing)
  6. Uneven fat pad distribution
  7. Bell's Palsy (nerve paralysis in the face)
  8. Being Human
Solutions for this depend on why it is happening, and can be nearly impossible to solve especially if past puberty.
(idk all the reasons why it can happen but this is what I got)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

facial asymmetry is pretty brutal but in a lot of cases its not that big of a deal. what matters more is that the areas themselves are looking good (good eye area, jaw etc.)
when asymmetry is taking place where you can see regression or deformation where you just look worse, that is a problem.
I noticed i looked very different at different angles and posted on here awhile ago about this. my left side of my face looks way better than my right. @Dastan was very helpful talking with me about this issue.
he referred me to the fact that I might scoliosis, which upon looking in the mirror and going to the doctor for x-rays was the case
my scoliosis was labeled as idiopathic (basically my scoliosis is just there, no cause for it to start) but me and Dastan where trying to find a reason behind it so I could possibly solve it/understand it

ill go through the things I've found can cause a situation of facial asymmetry/deformation, and possible solutions:
I will talk about this as it has affected me and my knowledge of it. I am FULLY AWARE I might not know something correctly or what i claim as fact may just be a theory/wrong so Im very open to hear your thoughts on this if you know something I don't.

1. SCOLIOSIS
in my situation my lower jaw as I aged lined up with my neck with my neck being tilted. this caused a side of my face to fall down as my right is drooping and my left is raised up/compressed. this causes a my right side of my face to sag.
scoliosis can also affect the entire shape and position of the skull and every other bone in the body. And can have from what I've seen 2 reasons why its happening (excluding just no reason) those reasons being muscle issues and neurological issues. which I will get into next.

solution: fixing cause of scoliosis or doing exercises and treatments to maintain alignment of the bones (could even go so far as bracing the spine) best to talk to a doctor about this. SCHROTH method is a well liked and used methodology for treating scoliosis.

method: really depends on your situation and theres a lot out there, schroth promotes putting pressure (beanbags) into areas of the body where the the ribs have issues usually the areas where the curve is going into and then using mind muscle connection breathing into the areas that are not usually used.
if you find the root cause and fix the cause of the scoliosis that can help probably the most.

2. NEURAL PREFRENCE
as the body may have a neurological preference, the skull and rest of the body will compensate and move for those preferences. For example if you have eye dominance in your right eye, your skull may shift to allow your right eye to be used more. it is also important to understand that:

a. just because you have great vision that doesn't mean you don't have neural preference
b. you can have neural preference that can occur in different capacities (close range, far range. eyes for example; you can have a close range preference in one eye and a far range preference for another eye)

"so how do I know if I have this?": tests you can do, im not totally sure its not very simple. a neurologist would know more

this may seem a little far fetched but there are studies on this and the doctors I've talked to confirmed this is an actual thing. it can cause scoliosis which can cause facial asymmetry as well.

possible solution: forcing the non-dominant side to be used and equaling out the sides.

methods: earplug or eyepatch (metal gear solid reference?) on the dominant side or contact lens('es)/glasses to force non dominant side to be used

3. TORTICOLLIS
im pretty sure this is the reason behind my scoliosis and neck tilt. my right neck muscles (where my neck is being moved to) are very tight and shortened. my left neck muscles are being stretched across and very loose. this could be happening from the fact that my neck bones are just like this but i doubt it.
this is common in infants but still possible for adults. I noticed i had this even at a very young age but only once i went through puberty did it start to affect my face.

solution: shortening/strengthening the loose side and stretching the pulling side.

known methods: neck harness, laying down on side that is pulling, then moving head up so side that is weak is pulling and holding. getting a wobble board and trying to straighten neck my pulling up and learning to balance body.

4. ORTHODONIC/TEETH ISSUES
if your teeth are messed up either from not having care or the care you got made it worse, that can cause the whole skull to shift around and be weird. if this is the case surgery or orthodontic care is probably the move, i haven't researched this as much as i dont think this is my problem. my teeth are slanted as my skull is slanted, but my teeth are basically aligned as a singular unit.

solution: orthodontic care

method: Invisalign, braces, invasive surgery

5. MASTER MUSCLE ASYMMETRY
I thought I had master muscle asymmetry which I "do", but that is because one muscle is being stretched out and the other is loose so it can be bigger when I clench. To see if you have asymmetry in your master muscles clench them down (if your teeth are messed up that could be the issue too) and feel for them on the back of your jaw bones on your skin (move your hands around for a better result) and feel if a certain side is larger. BUT LIKE I SAID one side for me is being stretched (right) and the other is loose/compressed (left), so the stretched side seems much smaller. in reality I think both are the same size.
if you have a aligned jaw though and still different sized masters muscles then this may be the issue for asymmetry. cause? maybe chewing on one side or a bite is causing you to use on muscle more, like if your teeth are misaligned.

solution: even out the muscles

methods: orthodontic care if your bite is using one side more than the other, stop clenching, MAYBE chew on other side of mouth not sure about that one

6. UNEVEN FAT IN FACE
I have a little bit more fat on the right side of my face but some people have it pretty severe. why is this happening idk the body being strange ig. some people say sleeping on a side of the face can lead to that side being smushed/puffy but im doubtful about this truly being the case. a leaner face in general looks better so if you can get both sides of the face to be lean that would be the best.

solution: loose the fat and make the fat on each side of face match in size

methods: cardio+working out to BE A MAN and to drop fat overall, MAYBE sleeping on your back, to fix asymmetry in the fat pads you can inject fat burners into the bloated area, fillers, or do buccal fat pad removal. some of these are surgical and some can be done on your own (i heard somebody did a fat pad removal on himself on here hahaha mirin low inhib) but seriously do your research and be super careful if your gonna be sticking needles in your face.

7. BELLS PALSY
I dont know a whole lot about this one to be honest, facial nerve paralysis basically. causes drooping and loss of proper function

solution: bringing back nerve function to area of face

method: massaging and getting physical therapy work done

8. BEING HUMAN
self explanatory. if there is some strange oddball thing going on you can fix with a sugery then thats the solution ig. but otherwise acceptance.

solution: money max maybe for surgery, or accepting thats how it be.

method: get a job
for all the autists that say killing yourself is a solution you need to chill

that's what I got. if any of you have comments on this, especially serious proof/methods for any of these situations especially my own that would be appreciated.

ik its the classic cope saying, but facial asymmetry is a lot more noticeable in pictures and to yourself than others. sometimes I think I look deformed but ive had several occasions where girls walk up to me and ask outright to get my number or try to get my number (im not coping theres been obv situations where this has happened). so something to keep in mind for yourself as you workout and improve your looks where you can.
@Dastan

Attachments

• ACBBD70C-48DE-4A99-89BE-1E78109D66DF.jpg
    ACBBD70C-48DE-4A99-89BE-1E78109D66DF.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 16F80730-B216-41CE-BDCC-5B15A07352D9.jpg
    16F80730-B216-41CE-BDCC-5B15A07352D9.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7554.jpg
    IMG_7554.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8186.jpg
    IMG_8186.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    891.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3C9DBFA8-6731-4BB5-B65D-4B48C0584BCB.jpg
    3C9DBFA8-6731-4BB5-B65D-4B48C0584BCB.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: wificel
rj mitte has scoliosis, still chad, genetics

dawg just stop coping and get the rhinoplasty already

your main problems is your nose and slight jaw recession not the asymmetry. Your lower Jaw recession isn't brutal but you'd look a lot better if it was brought forward. Its possible you have a overbite and it could be fixed without surgery

Do you have any functional issues due to your canted jaw? If fixing your bite wont help insurance might be able to cover it.

your main problems is your nose and slight jaw recession not the asymmetry. Your lower Jaw recession isn't brutal but you'd look a lot better if it was brought forward. Its possible you have a overbite and it could be fixed without surgery

Do you have any functional issues due to your canted jaw? If fixing your bite wont help insurance might be able to cover it.
I have tmj issues on my right side. I think any bite issue I’m having could he helped the most by fixing my neck as neck is causing my right to be recessed as that side is elongated while my left is compressed.

I have tmj issues on my right side. I think any bite issue I’m having could he helped the most by fixing my neck as neck is causing my right to be recessed as that side is elongated while my left is compressed.
Your TMJ issues are what's causing asymmetry, so try and fix your TMJ because apparently it only gets worse I have the same problem to many factors in TMJ you might need physical therapy or surgery

If you have tmj there is a problem with your bones, muscles or joints, your face moves in a way to compensate for it even your shoulders and pelvis can shift.

Some people even say your pelvic tilt can cause tmj