"Fake it till you make it"

apocalypse

apocalypse

Most retarded saying I’ve ever heard. If you’re able to solve your problem by believably faking it then you don’t have a problem to begin with. How retarded would it be if someone had the goal to play in the NBA and you told them "fake it until you make it"? But when it’s about social skills and confidence suddenly people think it’s acceptable advice, as if aspies can flip a switch and believably fake skills they don’t have. If I could do that I would be a normie, not an aspie.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, LOST18yearold and Deleted member 18086
This is a bad take.

You picked a completely irrelevant analogy to the statement.

When people say this, they're refering to Business and Social Interaction.

Not the NBA or anything like that lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14781, Mewton, Jew_Supremacist and 3 others
This is a bad take.

You picked a completely irrelevant analogy to the statement.

When people say this, they're refering to Business and Social Interaction.

Not the NBA or anything like that lol.
Read the whole thread

• +1
Reactions: Korea
Read the whole thread
I did.

I believe this is good advice to those who can apply it, and ofc not everyone can.

You're right in the fact that telling an aspie this would be pointless, but the average NT would be able to do this quite easily.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, ropemax and ShowerMaxxing
It's bluepilled bullshit stating that if you're a midwit with wrongthink ideas or tendencies, weird clothing, weird hobbies, autistic behavior etc. you should let your ways go and imitate normalfags as much as possible.

Too bad normies are oversocialized and have a sensibility so high they will detect your assburgers within seconds.

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing
It's bluepilled bullshit stating that if you're a midwit with wrongthink ideas or tendencies, weird clothing, weird hobbies, autistic behavior etc. you should let your ways go and imitate normalfags as much as possible.

Too bad normies are oversocialized and have a sensibility so high they will detect your assburgers within seconds.
It’s good advice imo but u won’t feel like urself and terrible for ur mental health long term

just watch american psycho and act like bateman

• JFL
Reactions: apocalypse
"you are supposed to tell yourself you are confident till you eventually become" this is what a redditor told me this phrase meant. Its just world fallacy and asinine anyway because confidence isn't something measurable or detectable or even real for that matter. what's perceived as confidence is just a combination of facial features but most people arent aware of this cause they arent enlightened like we are

what's perceived as confidence is just a combination of facial features
Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

It's legit in a way when it comes to e-status
Buy an initial boost of followers and likes then the people who discover your page and believe it's organic will be more likely to take notice and follow you themselves