Fasting DECREASES Collagen?

yes, it does decrease collagen

Fasting must be done once a year to purge oneself.
It's not good to fast more than that.... especially when you stop and store fat much easier after that....

This study was done guinea pigs over a 4 day fast, not a 16 hour intermidiate fast, or a 24 hour fast

working out while fasted tightens my skin, started doint it week ago, lost 3mm of loose skin on face. (I always measure at least 5 times) Idk about collagen
(also started a face routine, started supplying collagen and all of the stuff that lifeisgood suggested except tretonin) After each workout the skin feels tighter i must say

Don't worry about that. You shouldn't do fasts too regularly either.

I was actually waiting for you to comment
lol. So, is a 16 hour fast good for the skin/collagen? Cuz i can do IF 16/8 if that's the case.

I was actually waiting for you to comment
lol. So, is a 16 hour fast good for the skin/collagen? Cuz i can do IF 16/8 if that's the case.
16/8 is really pretty useless tbh. 24h+ would be minimum or 18h+ dry fast. You don't need to fast regularly. Just once a month or whatever.
16/8 is really pretty useless tbh. 24h+ would be minimum or 18h+ dry fast. You don't need to fast regularly. Just once a month or whatever.
As you become more metabolically flexible, you'll be able to shirt into AMPK faster due to not having to burn through tons of liver/muscle glycogen like you used to.

• Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII

As you become more metabolically flexible, you'll be able to shirt into AMPK faster due to not having to burn through tons of liver/muscle glycogen like you used to.
Hmm so i should introduce once a month a 24 hr fast right, okay.

Hey i got another question, i'm supplementing vit c orally for collagen/skin etc.. is 500mg a day really enough? My vit c comes in 1g per pill (its not a pill actually idk the name) so if 500mg is enough i can cut it in half. Would be good cuz it would last 2x more

Hmm so i should introduce once a month a 24 hr fast right, okay.

Hey i got another question, i'm supplementing vit c orally for collagen/skin etc.. is 500mg a day really enough? My vit c comes in 1g per pill (its not a pill actually idk the name) so if 500mg is enough i can cut it in half. Would be good cuz it would last 2x more
Yes and Yes

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 2788
In my view, fasting ramp up HGH production, which increases collagen.

Tangentially, fasting brings down oxidative stress and induce cell repair, which contributes to youthful appearance.

These days I only eat at maintenance or slightly over for lean bulking and to make up for weight loss during fasting, I will not sacrifice facial youthfulness for them gains no more

So as long as you eat like once a day you're fine, and collagen won't decrease?