Fasting/Intermittent fasting

K

kantero

Bronze
What's your opinion on fasting?
Did you try it?
How long did you fast?
What is the most convenient time interval and why?
What results did you get it?

As for myself, i tried it and got good results - lost some fat and felt really good. But i had some eating disorder after that for like week. Read a lot of contr-studies, but wanna try it again.

I tried it for couple of weeks. It gave me energy first couple days, which then sorta had a diminishing-returns effect, I'm heavily suspecting placebo. Doesn't really affect weight control on a chemical level as it all comes to do calories in vs. calories out, but if you have a problem managing your appetite its a great tool. Most people do 16 hour fast with 8 hour eating window. I had my eating windows 14:00-22:00, was pretty ideal/easy to manage as I could have lunch/dinner like I was used to before while still fasting 16 hours. I don't think it's necessary for most people to stick to a constant fasting regime, in my perspective it's sorta makes sense to let your internal organs some leeway time here and there. Could be helpful, I heard it increases HGH and there have been studies showing it helps with natural excess skin catabolization after major fat loss (this is the reason I tried myself and didn't really notice an effect related to it, i lost 30 kg in 6 months). Some people naturally function really well fasting and have a lot of energy, some don't. Gotta trial & error to see

I done this when losing weight, Its great but if you are on low cals my metabolism went kinda slower then it was which was expected, I would have like one day in a week/two weeks where i would refill and hit my about 2500cals just to boost metabolism. I think its great, if you use it right plus it worked with my schedule.
I eat from 1pm to 6pm, then fasted till the next day.
It matters from the individual, I changed it up due to schedule now I norm leave it longer from 2pm to 8pm or so. Just do what ever suits you.
I lost a total of 80lbs, but On intermittent I'd say it was about 50lbs or so.

fasting is amazing
went from 105ish kg to 65 in a little under a year a while back
usually go around 5 days, my longest was 7
on "non fasting days" i just eat once a day and eat carnivore if possible until i am full
theres also some shit about losing muscle (primarily from studies from the mid 20th century) but i have only gained muscle while losing weight tbh which was most likely due to noobgains, increased hgh during fasting and protein heavy refeeds

IF + Gymcelling(after 3 months of IF) + running everyday made me lost 30kg in 5 months , 100% legit.

Is there any benefit from fasting if you're not trying to lose weight?

Is there any benefit from fasting if you're not trying to lose weight?
Have you tried it? I have been reading on this, apparently it's good for blood sugar levels or something

What's your opinion on fasting?
It works. Tried it when I was skinny fat at 17 for 2 months.
Did you try it?
Yeah.
How long did you fast?
12 hours.
What is the most convenient time interval and why?
6 am to 6 pm

What results did you get it?
Within 2 months I was shredded as fuck. My jaw from the side profile was striated(little bit of an exaggeration), leaner then than I am now.

Have you tried it? I have been reading on this, apparently it's good for blood sugar levels or something
This thread is 3 months old how are you even fucking finding this at this point

the 16 hour fast has to be the easiest. just skip dinner bro and you'll be able to keep it up for ages

Studies show that if you want to loose weight, then intermittent fasting will keep a bit more of your muscle mass than just a conventional caloric deficit. (Unfortunately it also leads to a slightly larger drop in testosterone levels but nothing major). These studies were done on obese people trying to loose weight, and not on healthy well trained men.

Fasting will also improve your resting metabolic rate compared to conventional weight loss strategies. Which is super good.

So if your goal is loosing weight, and improving your body composition, then intermittent fasting is a good strategy. there's even pretty good scientific backing for doing something as "extreme" as only eating every other day.

The only thing I will say is to be weary that it doesn't lead to an unhealthy obsession with food. For a lot of people fasting can feed into a beginning eating disorder.

Furthermore studies with animals (especially rodents) show, that animals that are forced into intermittent fasting live 20-30 percent longer than their non-fasting counterparts. And i'm pretty sure there are some studies in healthy males that showed some good results, I can't find them right now though.

if you have access to something like a university library you can try looking for these super interesting articles:

(1) Catenacci VA, Pan Z, Ostendorf D, Brannon S, Gozansky WS, Mattson MP, Martin B, MacLean PS, Melanson EL, Troy Donahoo W. A randomized pilot study comparing zero-calorie alternate-day fasting to daily caloric restriction in adults with obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2016 Sep;24(9):1874-83. doi: 10.1002/oby.21581

(2) Varady, K. A. (2011). Intermittent versus daily calorie restriction: Which diet regimen is more effective for weight loss? Obesity Reviews, 12(7), e593–e601. doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00873.

A.M Fasted training and/or cardio whilst taking yohimbine HCL pre-workout is a very powerful fatloss routine. Clinical effective dose of Yohimbine HCL is 0.2mg per KG or 0.09mg per lb of bodyweight. Start with NO MORE than 2.5mg, and assess your tolerance all the way up to 20mg. NEVER go over 20mg. Yohimbine can and will kill you. I took 20mg and had to focus on not dying after training. Sat in the steamroom for 4 hours concentrating on not dying. Body was shaking uncontrollably all the way through.

This is because Yohimbine isn't a stimulant in itself but what it does is completely block the alpha-2 andrenergic receptor. This receptor allows catecholamines to bind to it in order to regulate catecholamine activity in the andrenergic complex. These include norepinephrine and ephinephrine. Dopamine also, but doesn't regulate any catecholamines in the brain.

Yohimbine allows for all fight or flight chemicals to build up and become active in the andrenergic complex without any regulation. This is why it is good to drink a black coffee or take a 200mg caffeine pill along with your Yohimbine. It will only be effective if you are fasted. Fat mobilisation will be more efficient and the 200mg caffeine will feel like ALOT more; that's because you temporarily block the receptor that regulates your adrenaline. Yohimbine will also give you a crazy libido boost about 5 hours after; that's just one of the side effects.

I had clenbuterol and methylphenidate in my body when I first took Yohimbine HCL (at 20mg). 50mg of yohimbine and I would've been dead. That being said, Yohimbine is so unique because it essentially stops adrenaline from being regulated during your workout. Instead of it being a stimulant, it's an agent that'll prevent the regulation of stimulants in your system for a period of time.

Don't take 20mg unless your trying to peel of the last bit of fat at like <8% bodyfat. Otherwise, 2.5-5mg for fasted training/cardio with a small amount of caffeine can help a lot in the long run.