Feeling like its over for me, if anything, what can i do to improve my looks

F

finb100

Iron
View attachment 3009855is it over for me? how can i improve my looks at all.

i had 4 extractions so maxilla prob recessed

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: darktriadprince
(I’m 16, and my height is 6’1)

• +1
Reactions: darktriadprince
Best advice anyone here could give you is, get off the this site, it won't help you at all and will only make your life worse

brutal you had extractions but you are 6' 1" at 16 so there's that. lot of people would beg for that imo

go through the best of the best (botb) threads lots of useful information there

Lower your intake of inflammatory foods, sugar and carbohydrates (unless prior to exercising), things that negatively impact your gut microbiome, and foods with high glycemic indexes (foods that spike your insulin and blood sugar levels very rapidly)

First, let's cover the inflammatory foods. These foods will include your usual culprits, such as processed foods, fast foods and junk food.
These foods often release inflammatory cytokines (a sign that the body is aggravated by the food) and that can trigger inflammatory side effects and manifest in your face.

Things that reduce inflammation, like turmeric, omega-3, or quality sleep can help, and just general healthmaxing in general

Takeaway: Stop eating junk food, and lower inflammation.

Then, there's sugar and carbohydrates. When you consume sugar in excess, or consume a certain type of food with a high GI index (glycemic index), your body will secrete a lot of insulin, this insulin then activates androgens, which stimulate IGF-1 in the sebaceous glands (the glands that secrete oil), and that IGF-1 tells the sebaceous glands to ramp up the production of sebum. That leads to insulin-induced skin issues.

Takeaway: Lower carbohydrates (particularly high GI foods), and sugar.

Your gut microbiome is important to many functions in your body. Although the gut microbiome isn't well researched, what I can tell you for sure is that make sure you get fiber in your diet, don't eat junk food or processed foods (eat whole foods) and cut out artificial sweeteners. Any food that consistently discomforts your body should be steered clear of.

There was a user that discussed that in his skin thread.

Takeaways: Manage your gut health, and your general health.

Additional things to help with acne: Retinaldehyde, (50,000-200,000IU/day) Vitamin A supplements (look for retinyl palmitate on the back of the nutrition facts), Omega 3 supplements.

Growing out your hair and getting a good hairstyle would make a noticeable difference. Especially one that hides your forehead.
Consume enough protein (over 50g) daily and use MSM (I have personally never used it but many anecdotes agree that MSM is effective at boosting hair growth)

Topical minoxidil on eyebrows to make them thicker. Use it until you think your eyebrows are thick enough.

That should get you started on looksmaxing.

Feel free to do more research on these things, especially how skin relates to overall health, and how insulin, high androgens, and inflammation relates to acne.