Fight Aging By Replacing PUFAs With SFAs And MUFAs (Study Analysis)

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
High PUFA fat sources decrease lifespan compared to lard (high MUFA and high SFA) in mice on a calorie restricted diet

“Life span was also increased (p < .05) in the CR lard mice compared to animals consuming either the CR fish or soybean oil diets. These results indicate that dietary lipid composition can influence life span in mice on CR, and suggest that a diet containing a low proportion of PUFAs and high proportion of monounsaturated and saturated fats may maximize life span in animals maintained on CR.”

IMG 8333

Some important information:

The calories restriction (CR) was 60% the calories of ad libitum (the control was 95% of ad libitum and soybean oil)

All diets were 15.9% fat (in terms of calories) and the fat was exclusively from the fat sources either soybean oil, fish oil, or lard.

Soybean oil is 51% PUFA (mostly n-6), 22.8% MUFA, 15.6% SFA

I don’t know all the fatty acid percentages of the fish oil they used, but I know it is 18% EPA and 12% DHA, both n-3 fatty acids (vs the mainly n-6 from the soybean oil), which means it’s at least 30% PUFA.

Lard is 11.2% PUFA, 45.1% MUFA, 39.2% SFA

Theoretical Explanation of these results:

The theory is that PUFAs are bad because the more double bonds, the more susceptible the fatty acid is to lipid peroxidation. There’s a trend in the animal kingdom where longer lived animals have a lower PUFA content. Lipid peroxidation damages surrounding structures and is a causative factor in part of the aging process.

Final Conclusion and Inquiry:

So lard increased median lifespan compared to soybean and fish oil by 3.7% and 9.5%, respectively, and the upper 10% longest living mice’s lifespan by 7.3% and 11.1%, respectively. But lard is not that low in PUFA (11.2%). What if a fat source like coconut (1.1% PUFA) was used instead? Would this further extend lifespan? To what degree? And what about the saturated vs monounsaturated fatty acids? This is all so very interesting.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, wsada, New Technology and 8 others
@KING REIDYZ @the MOUSE @5'7 zoomer @Ragnar @mvp2v1 @Whatashame @positivecoper @Reformed @ripcordgod1 @Eriot Lodger @ph4ntom

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and 5'7 zoomer
@aspiringexcel @ogu @New Technology @redmaxx @TheHandcel @garoupilled_ @HerpDerpson @Krakowski @ReinerGeist1 @looksmaxxer2 @Meater @nobodyspecial369 @Lawton88 @Av0nr @humanoidsub7 @genzo @Dr. Bludy @autistic_tendencies @ArcticStorm @crisis @Amadeus

Literally zero

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and aspiringexcel
Stfu

• JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and the MOUSE
Good thread, kind of water though. You eat anything we were not evolved to eat and you create disfunction in the body.

Check out this video on facial fat and its relevance to collagen and elastin production (skin)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and Youㅤ
Didnt read + I don’t care about life span is this shit gonna make me look better or not

• JFL
Reactions: aleksander and Whitepill_Saint
Good thread, kind of water though. You eat anything we were not evolved to eat and you create disfunction in the body.

Check out this video on facial fat and its relevance to collagen and elastin production (skin)

Lmao is this dude saying fat on face is bad for looking youthful?

If so he’s Fukien retarded and so wrong jfc

• JFL
Reactions: aleksander and Whitepill_Saint
Lmao is this dude saying fat on face is bad for looking youthful?

If so he’s Fukien retarded and so wrong jfc
no he does not say that, you either did not watch the video or have a low comprehension ability

• JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint
Check out this video
I can’t watch it now but I definitely will

It’s water, yet most people don’t understand this. “Experts” still recommend PUFAs. And fish oil is seen as anti aging.

Btw, I’ll ask you this: Did mice evolve to eat lard?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and mvp2v1
Didnt read + I don’t care about life span is this shit gonna make me look better or not
Health is crucial to looks

Health is quasi-synonymous to youth, and therefore healthmaxxing particularly help to offset decline, rather than causing immediate improvement, assuming you are young.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and mvp2v1
Did mice evolve to eat lard?
I dont know. But lab mice are genetically modified via our breeding habits so not designed by nature (god). Even mice out in the cities have "evolved" along with humans to whatever is the optimal diet within human-created environments. You would have to look at wild mice with minimal to no human contact.

• +1
  • JFL
Great thread. Thanks for mentioning me.

Fat in general is essential and is understated, even less than carbs in the fitness or "looksmaxxing" community.
It's no surprise that natural fat that comes from other animals (lard) is more beneficial for animals than plant fats, because plants and animals are different in nature and obviously store different kinds of fats to support their needs.

Unfortunately, animal fat has been alienated from almost every single modern food source available these days. Seed oils/plant oils are basically the only 'mainstream' source of fats that you can get.

Regardless, you can neuter the negative effects of modern fats and foods by simply exercising and moderating your bf% (10-18% for males in my opinion - any lower than that and you risk erectile dysfunction)

• +1
  • JFL
It's no surprise that natural fat that comes from other animals (lard) is more beneficial for animals than plant fats, because plants and animals are different in nature and obviously store different kinds of fats to support their needs.
Well there are plant fats low in PUFA. Coconut is very saturated. More so than any meat.

Unfortunately, animal fat has been alienated from almost every single modern food source available these days. Seed oils/plant oils are basically the only 'mainstream' source of fats that you can get.
Backwards soyciety

Regardless, you can neuter the negative effects of modern fats and foods by simply exercising and moderating your bf% (10-18% for males in my opinion - any lower than that and you risk erectile dysfunction)
I’m pretty sure I’m lower than 10%, and I’m pretty sure it’s healthy. The harm of PUFAs can be ameliorated by vitamin E and aspirin according to a lot of peaters.

Or you can be an autist like me and never eat any foods that aren’t low in PUFA. I plan on aiming for under 4 grams per day after I’m done with my fast (at least 120 hours) to clear out PUFAs.

• JFL
Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, liver function is so unbelievably complicated that oftentimes I myself have no idea what I am talking about. The liver is responsible for so many functions I literally cant keep track.

I'm going to study the function of the liver further on my free time. Thank you for your thread

• JFL