Fillers before implants/fat grafts ? Or bad gameplan

pcmaxing

pcmaxing

Bronze
after losing bf. I was considering getting filler in infra orbital and Supra area , cheekbone area and jawline area to see if I like the results and how much work to do in each area before jumping into implants. If I like the outcome obvious next will be going to implants instead of continuing filler path that leads to bloated or overdone look.

is there any downfall to this stradegy besides the cost??

• +1
Reactions: Kebab Master
I think this is a good game plan but it’s confirmation bias as I want to do this too.

Will be hard to find anyone to give you supra orbital filler in my experience.

Pretty sure they’d dissolve filler before they can do implants.

Fat grafts doesnt keep in your skin for 100%, I think you only conserve like 30% or so of the fat graft after some time. Get fillers first

Fat grafts are a gigantic gamble. The fat can migrate, it can absorb and integrate unevenly, and then there is nothing you can do about it.

@RealSurgerymax

after losing bf. I was considering getting filler in infra orbital and Supra area , cheekbone area and jawline area to see if I like the results and how much work to do in each area before jumping into implants. If I like the outcome obvious next will be going to implants instead of continuing filler path that leads to bloated or overdone look.

Why tf would u want squishy cheekbones made of fat lollll

You'll have to get everything dissolved before getting implants.

@Win200 kept his cheek fillers before
Implants and it completely fucked results. Had he dissolved them pre-surgery he probably would not have needed a revision.

• +1
Reactions: pcmaxing

Implants and it completely fucked results. Had he dissolved them pre-surgery he probably would not have needed a revision.
Why wouldn’t they dissolve them before surgery. ?

Never even heard of this. Anywhere with before or after pics ?
If you click the link you can see. But the article only uses it in oldcells. Some surgeons like arnett and gunson also use it to widen the mandible (instead of implants)

I still would have wanted to get them resolved to eliminate the infraorbital rim part of the implant, but you're largely right--you need to get rid of fillers before you get facial implants. Not optional. They'll disguise your result, and you need to be looking at your face without fillers to accurately assess what to augment with implants.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
Why wouldn’t they dissolve them before surgery. ?
Because the surgeon said that the surgery would cause them to dissolve, which turned out to be wildly untrue. Multiple ccs were still left in place and completely covered up my results, making the implants look much worse than they actually did.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Sanguinius and zeek
Because the surgeon said that the surgery would cause them to dissolve, which turned out to be wildly untrue. Multiple ccs were still left in place and completely covered up my results, making the implants look much worse than they actually did.
Hey man how are you doing now? Are you satisfied with the results?

Hey man how are you doing now? Are you satisfied with the results?
I am; I honestly go back and forth on removing the implants completely, because I still think they're a little overprojected laterally. And Eppley didn't nail it in terms of perfect symmetry when he revised them by hand-carving. But I'm not sure, to be honest. There still some filler in my cheeks to remove, though--four removal sessions and it's still there; just a lesson in how resilient that shit is.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius, Prince88 and seezy_feezy
I am; I honestly go back and forth on removing the implants completely, because I still think they're a little overprojected laterally. And Eppley didn't nail it in terms of perfect symmetry when he revised them by hand-carving. But I'm not sure, to be honest. There still some filler in my cheeks to remove, though--four removal sessions and it's still there; just a lesson in how resilient that shit is.
It's so different for each individual. For some people it lasts only a few months until it starts to break down even though some filler will still be there for a longer time and for some people it can last for a significant amount of time which it did in your case.

I'm following you around for a while now and I have very flat cheeks. They are not projected at all. I don't know if I should go with fillers or directly with implants. Cheek implants are very hard to do correctly

I'm having cheekbones implants in a few weeks but I already have decent zygos. How much was the projection of your implants before Eppley's shaving ? I reckon 5mm should be more than enough ?

Idk maybe ask a plastic surgeon, not a bunch of random mentally ill weirdos

I'm having cheekbones implants in a few weeks but I already have decent zygos. How much was the projection of your implants before Eppley's shaving ? I reckon 5mm should be more than enough ?
Mine were 4-5mm. 5 is a LOT of augmentation in the area. When he revised them, I asked him to shave them down to 2-3mm. And it's still PLENTY.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
Y
It's so different for each individual. For some people it lasts only a few months until it starts to break down even though some filler will still be there for a longer time and for some people it can last for a significant amount of time which it did in your case.

I'm following you around for a while now and I have very flat cheeks. They are not projected at all. I don't know if I should go with fillers or directly with implants. Cheek implants are very hard to do correctly
Yeah, agreed. I'd see what you can do with fillers; I think malar implants have a huge risk for revision. If you do them, go very, very conservative on size.

• +1
Reactions: seezy_feezy
Mine were 4-5mm. 5 is a LOT of augmentation in the area. When he revised them, I asked him to shave them down to 2-3mm. And it's still PLENTY.
Thanks. You're really one of the best guys out there: sharing all the details and giving proper guidance.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius and Win200
Thanks. You're really one of the best guys out there: sharing all the details and giving proper guidance.
Hey, thanks--happy to do it. I've had lots of trial and error and want to help other people avoid the error part.

• +1
Reactions: Realism, VenatorLuparius and Sanguinius
Hey, thanks--happy to do it. I've had lots of trial and error and want to help other people avoid the error part.
You are a real one man. God bless you!

• +1
Reactions: Win200