Finally fixed my PC

User28823

User28823

Kraken
Holy fuark what a pain in the ass... CPU temps 100 C and tried reapplying thermal paste 4 times until I used an X pattern over muh dot pattern and it finally evenly spread and temps are cool again.

But this is strange, it seems as though this happened after it got very cold last night, perhaps my liquid cooling froze? I unplugged and replugged my liquid cooler connector and it seemed to have really turned on but sounded almost icy as opposed to the normal liquid sound I hear when my PC starts.

I know cars use refrigerant for cooling but what do PC's use? Some sort of glycol and water solution... not sure if that freezes.

My PC is my life... absolutely brutal.

Was about to drop 1.5k on another PC just to browse google

• JFL
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: BigJimsWornOutTires, Deleted member 57122 and Debetro
good shit

• Love it
Reactions: User28823
Holy fuark what a pain in the ass... CPU temps 100 C and tried reapplying thermal paste 4 times until I used an X pattern over muh dot pattern and it finally evenly spread and temps are cool again.

But this is strange, it seems as though this happened after it got very cold last night, perhaps my liquid cooling froze? I unplugged and replugged my liquid cooler connector and it seemed to have really turned on but sounded almost icy as opposed to the normal liquid sound I hear when my PC starts.

I know cars use refrigerant for cooling but what do PC's use? Some sort of glycol and water solution... not sure if that freezes.

Geek shit, love it

• Love it
Reactions: User28823
PC = life
the rest is cope

• Love it
  • WTF
Reactions: Fiqh and User28823

Jfl reapplying thermal paste 4 times should not of have happened. All the cpu needs is a little bit in the middle and it shouldnt be that difficult.

Jfl reapplying thermal paste 4 times should not of have happened. All the cpu needs is a little bit in the middle and it shouldnt be that difficult.
well ive done it before no problem with a dot in the middle
this time around it wouldnt spread evenly, muh dot

x mogs

well ive done it before no problem with a dot in the middle
this time around it wouldnt spread evenly, muh dot

x mogs
Have u gotten LL yet?

fucking same problem kept happening... realized it was my 7 year old liquid cooling pump that was going out
just replaced it with an air cooler and its working flawlessly... not even loud like I was anticipating :cool::cool::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back