Finally happening… getting surgery. Genio in two weeks and I’ll be hiding away in an for Airbnb 16 days after

rubybrrr

rubybrrr

Banned for scamming
So I’ve gotten a hair transplant but never surgery. Let alone a bone cutting surgery like genio which I hear the recovery is pretty tough. Im excited, scared, and proud of myself for making this a reality. The surgery is in 2 weeks.

I have told no one. And am doing it in secret. I have rented an Airbnb for 16 days post op, and have a plan of what to say if it still look weird or I can’t talk properly when I get home.

My biggest fear is when I wake up from anesthesia and will start getting swollen. Im worried my mental reaction will be that I’m botched. And being botched is like my biggest fear which is why it takes me so long to choose surgeries.

Gonna be so bored I have no plans for what I’m gonna eat or entertain myself with in the Airbnb for that long. No car. Not willing to pay Uber to go around other than for a grocery run. Will be interesting.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: angelo, Deleted member 12330, ChristianChad and 15 others
genio is almost never botched, almost everyone would look good with it, good luck and enjoy boyo

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: wateriswet, ChristianChad, chicomogsbarret and 4 others
Good luck. You are brave in doing something most people with big visible physical failos only dream about executing one day.

Hoping all goes well for you. (y) Genioplasty is generally risk-free (complications do exist) and you will look so much better with a decent chin.

I have had some surgeries and I would recommend using medical excuses if friends/family ask you.

Say it was for sleep apnea for example.
You will be spending the next few weeks on Netflix, Lookmax.. Have fun! :D

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, helpmegod, subhuman incel and 4 others
genio is almost never botched, almost everyone would look good with it, good luck and enjoy boyo
You can get botched with genio. Nerve damage, lip asymmetry, mentalis muscle dysfunction, lip incompetence, death

I'm planning on saving up, getting better at sales and then getting BSSO and chin implant in 2-4 years when i'm 30+

Is BSSO less painful than genioplasty?

So I’ve gotten a hair transplant but never surgery. Let alone a bone cutting surgery like genio which I hear the recovery is pretty tough. Im excited, scared, and proud of myself for making this a reality. The surgery is in 2 weeks.

I have told no one. And am doing it in secret. I have rented an Airbnb for 16 days post op, and have a plan of what to say if it still look weird or I can’t talk properly when I get home.

My biggest fear is when I wake up from anesthesia and will start getting swollen. Im worried my mental reaction will be that I’m botched. And being botched is like my biggest fear which is why it takes me so long to choose surgeries.

Gonna be so bored I have no plans for what I’m gonna eat or entertain myself with in the Airbnb for that long. No car. Not willing to pay Uber to go around other than for a grocery run. Will be interesting.
I did not think that genioplasty recovery was very difficult. I experienced about 1.5 weeks of difficulty talking and eating.

My advice is to get a blender for milkshakes. Protein shakes are good, as are milk, juice, applesauce, and green teas (antioxidants help with the healing). You will most likely lose a decent amount of weight in the first week (I lost 5 pounds) and feel drained. If you're already super-skinny, you might want to put on a bit of weight first.

Try not to look in the mirror much for the first week or so. You won't be able to tell what the actual results are at that point, and you'll do nothing but make yourself paranoid about getting botched. Around day 4 is the worst, when the swelling peaks, and you look like Jay Leno. Everyone panics about this, but it will pass.

Good luck.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Pumanator
Gonna be in your position next summer. Finding a job 3 hours from home for the summer as an internship. The job is work from home so I don’t have to see anyone or talk (email mostly). And I’m going to book my genio then away from my family members.

I don’t want anyone in my immediate family to ever know. It’s such an embarrassment for me idk why

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension

Miren actually looksmaxxing

Gonna be in your position next summer. Finding a job 3 hours from home for the summer as an internship. The job is work from home so I don’t have to see anyone or talk (email mostly). And I’m going to book my genio then away from my family members.

I don’t want anyone in my immediate family to ever know. It’s such an embarrassment for me idk why
I was so worried about the conversation with my parents. I figured that if anyone in the world noticed, it would be them. I saw them about 6 months after the procedure (lockdowns and shit) and they didn't even notice. They said "you look good, have you been working out?" and that was it.

I'm planning on saving up, getting better at sales and then getting BSSO and chin implant in 2-4 years when i'm 30+

I’d guess it’s similar or slightly more intense since your removing and reattaching your entire lower jaw rather than just the chin, but tbh I wish I had an overbite so I could get BSSO as it’s a more comprehensive advancement than just the chin.

For me, I’m trying to get most of my surgeries before like age 26, which is why I finally pulled the trigger on this :)

• +1

Jaw surgery is one of the hardest recovery’s out there.

Genio will hurt a bit more from what I’ve Heard, as they don’t Pump you Full with pain killers. But overall it’s a lot smoother recovery. Hardly a comparison.

Jaw surgery is a nightmare, except your surgeon is doing minimal invasive stuff. Not just pain but immense discomfort and disability, not being able to eat, speak and breath properly for a long period of time.

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING
I was so worried about the conversation with my parents. I figured that if anyone in the world noticed, it would be them. I saw them about 6 months after the procedure (lockdowns and shit) and they didn't even notice. They said "you look good, have you been working out?" and that was it.
This is what I’m hoping but I’m gonna see them like 2.5 weeks after surgery ……………….. I live with them. I can’t say anything like doing it for sleep apnea, that’d be so out of place for me and I’m telling them I’m going away for a couple weeks with friends.

My plan is to come back and say my permanent retainer on my lower teeth had fallen lose and was eating away at my lower gums for months (I’ve been complaining to them about this for a few weeks to set the scene) and say I needed some sort of dental surgery to fix the damage. They don’t know anything about dental stuff so it’s be an easy enough sell. Still a bit nerve wracking for me to imagine them noticing. I feel like I’m just jumping off a cliff and will learn to fly on the way down. I’ll figure it out.

why cant u just say u did it for aesthetic reasons?

Lol isn’t hair transplant pretty bad recovery too? Your hair doesn’t grow for like a year so you have to hide the obvious. The back of your head and recipient area is red and scared. And it fucking hurts and you look weird for awhile

I’d guess it’s similar or slightly more intense since your removing and reattaching your entire lower jaw rather than just the chin, but tbh I wish I had an overbite so I could get BSSO as it’s a more comprehensive advancement than just the chin.

For me, I’m trying to get most of my surgeries before like age 26, which is why I finally pulled the trigger on this :)
sounds brutal bro, i'm also hypnophobiac (afraid of sleep) so i'd feel anxious with anesthetia. i do have an overbite so i am a prime candidate to ascend through BSSO though but it just sounds so fucking brutal and scary plus i will be 30+ by the time i might be able to afford it from a good surgeon.

sounds brutal bro, i'm also hypnophobiac (afraid of sleep) so i'd feel anxious with anesthetia. i do have an overbite so i am a prime candidate to ascend through BSSO though but it just sounds so fucking brutal and scary plus i will be 30+ by the time i might be able to afford it from a good surgeon.
Can’t do insurance? If u have a decent size overbite and sleep apnea you could get insurance to cover it.

• +1
Lol isn’t hair transplant pretty bad recovery too? Your hair doesn’t grow for like a year so you have to hide the obvious. The back of your head and recipient area is red and scared. And it fucking hurts and you look weird for awhile
No it was a breeze I went home to my parents 4 days after and no one ever noticed. Granted I had a small hair transplant. I had FUE with no shaving of the back of the head so it never looked like anything happened on the back of my head. And i just wore bangs like I always do so no one saw anything until it finally grew and now I wear it like Bradley cooper in hangover.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope and poopmaster22
Can’t do insurance? If u have a decent size overbite and sleep apnea you could get insurance to cover it.
I'm currently in an ongoing dispute with my dental clinic, they keep saying my overbite is too mild to need treatment despite having been bullied for it. i don't have sleep apnea afaik but maybe i do because im always exhausted when i wake up

I will pray for you. You can find strength in reading what Jesus had to go through just so he could save us from our sins.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
No it was a breeze I went home to my parents 4 days after and no one ever noticed. Granted I had a small hair transplant. I had FUE with no shaving of the back of the head so it never looked like anything happened on the back of my head. And i just wore bangs like I always do so no one saw anything until it finally grew and now I wear it like Bradley cooper in hangover.
Bro i hope you will ascend ngl. When you arr aspie as me which you are you can only ascend. Btw if you can answer pm it would
Be ideal

I'm currently in an ongoing dispute with my dental clinic, they keep saying my overbite is too mild to need treatment despite having been bullied for it. i don't have sleep apnea afaik but maybe i do because im always exhausted when i wake up
You def do then. I have mild slee apnea and when I slee w a fan in my face it kinda simulated having positive pressure cpap and makes me breathe better and I wake up feeling amazing. I thought waking up feeling tired was normal until I realized that

• +1
If they say that then they are probably right. Most likely a 1 mm overbite that will produce an insignificant improvement with bimax. I visited 5 orthodontists and all of them recommended jaw surgery.

• +1
Wow congrats when I get my Ht I’m going fully shaven so I’ll probably look bad. Did it hurt at all/head swollen for periods of time?

Wow congrats when I get my Ht I’m going fully shaven so I’ll probably look bad. Did it hurt at all/head swollen for periods of time?
My forehead was swollen for just 3 days or so, but again I had a small transplant.

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
Damnnn that's actually not bad. I'm gonna beard fraud months before and also keep it for the swollen process. Then shave it. That way they if they think something is off. I'll just say it was my beard that I shaved. It was hiding my face lol

Damnnn that's actually not bad. I'm gonna beard fraud months before and also keep it for the swollen process. Then shave it. That way they if they think something is off. I'll just say it was my beard that I shaved. It was hiding my face lol
That's a good plan. Grow out the beard for about a month, and if people still notice after that, say you had your wisdom teeth removed and you're swollen or something.

• +1
Reactions: Sal
That's a good plan. Grow out the beard for about a month, and if people still notice after that, say you had your wisdom teeth removed and you're swollen or something.
Who's your doctor? How much movement did you get? And what was the cost?

I'm prouf of you but your family will certainly notice.

Who's your doctor? How much movement did you get? And what was the cost?
A doctor in the Chicago area (PM me for name). 5mm. $8,700

You mean you got an unshaved fue? Where they only shave your donor area?

How long do I need to stay at home so my coworker don’t notice anything?

how do u live with this fear? i mean sleep is essential during the early stages. are u short?

never been one death case but the rest is true
There is a good chance someone has died from genioplasty. Deaths during jaw surgery happen, and genioplasty is just a simple form of jaw surgery. It is very rare, though. Surgery is always about taking educated risks.

• +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
how do u live with this fear? i mean sleep is essential during the early stages. are u short?
i dealt with heavy sleep deprivation for a couple of years but then i started medicating with narcotics and now i am self-medicating with heavier drugs to cope, i basically take drugs until i pass blackout every night.

i dealt with heavy sleep deprivation for a couple of years but then i started medicating with narcotics and now i am self-medicating with heavier drugs to cope, i basically take drugs until i pass blackout every night.
damn bro tuff. hope everything goes right to u

• +1
Reactions: sergeant blackpill
I did do genio before so if you want to ask me anything feel free too!