Finasteride completely got rid of my acne, greasy hair, and some of my Seborrheic dermatitis and bacne

nuisance

nuisance

Gynomaster
I've been taking finasteride for six months topically, and its kind of crazy I noticed its solving a lot of the problems I deal with. I used to have cystic acne on my forehead and jawline for years and I don't have a single pimple on my face now. I also had crazy bacne that cleared up like 80%.

My hair also was always super greasy I had to wash it any time I was going out but now I wash it like every 3-4 days. I'm guessing the reduction of oils is also helping with my seb derm because it is pretty much gone just a couple of patches near my hairline.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Quncho, Gilbert_Durandal, Imretarded? and 7 others
Lucky af. dutasteride did zero for my skin

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Quncho, RICHCELDOM, boss8055 and 1 other person
did you have any negative side effects

• +1
Reactions: Quncho
did you have any negative side effects
yea sensitive nipples which id s pretty bad side effect, it comes and goes if i do every other day It goes away

possible lower libido nothing to crazy, but i am cutting in a pretty severe calorie deficit so could be that to.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Quncho, Gilbert_Durandal, Imretarded? and 2 others
Any hair growth benefits?

• +1
I've been taking finasteride for six months topically, and its kind of crazy I noticed its solving a lot of the problems I deal with. I used to have cystic acne on my forehead and jawline for years and I don't have a single pimple on my face now. I also had crazy bacne that cleared up like 80%.

My hair also was always super greasy I had to wash it any time I was going out but now I wash it like every 3-4 days. I'm guessing the reduction of oils is also helping with my seb derm because it is pretty much gone just a couple of patches near my hairline.
Oh wow so dht was your problem

• +1

same but with saw palmetto 500mg a day

• +1
yea sensitive nipples which id s pretty bad side effect, it comes and goes if i do every other day It goes away

possible lower libido nothing to crazy, but i am cutting in a pretty severe calorie deficit so could be that to.
they will probably get huge and puffy in a few years and you will really regret it.

Big nipples is not worth more hair especially when there is rogaine

• +1
they will probably get huge and puffy in a few years and you will really regret it.

Big nipples is not worth more hair especially when there is rogaine
there is gyno surgery, it sucks but gyno<bald

rogaine only works effectivley in 35% of men only lasts a couple years without fin I used it and it helped but gave me facial bloat and messed with my skin

I will also regret letting myself go bald so shit situation ig

Last edited:
  • +1
I shed for 3-4 months and its growing back rn so not yet but the hairs that are growing back from the shed look thicker
Fascinating, did you experience any hairline recession during the shedding?

• +1
Fascinating, did you experience any hairline recession during the shedding?
I don't believe the line moved but the density decreased a lot about half a inch into the sides of temples. It became more see through

I belive its just part of the process it means I would have lost those hairs forever within a year or two anyways

• +1
I just came off dut lol, made me shed for ages and it never stopped, people who shill dut are trolling

• +1
Its absolutely crazy to shut down dht before youre fully grown unless youre norwooding to a degree thats wouldnt be reversible

because even topically applied its gonna go systemic

• +1
Nice placebo effect

dutasteride help those things

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Quncho and FutureSlayer
Its absolutely crazy to shut down dht before youre fully grown unless youre norwooding to a degree thats wouldnt be reversible

Nothing is gonna happend after 18+

• +1
A lot of things happen after 18+. My facial hair for example started developing a lot more after 18
Yea but be honest, most people facial hairs developed under the 18+ age range

And even then , facial hair is not that important

• +1
Yea but be honest, most people facial hairs developed under the 18+ age range

And even then , facial hair is not that important
I mean that this indicates that more processes in terms of development happen after the age of 18. And a lot of people start getting real beard growth later in their life

• +1

men without functional type 2 5ar develop normally during puberty btw, there was a study on it

• +1
men without functional type 2 5ar develop normally during puberty btw, there was a study on it
what are you talking about? people with this condition have around 30% dht compared to that of normal men. And that translates to shit like micropenis i thought and finasteride surpresses up to 60% dht i thought which is close enough

• +1
I just came off dut lol, made me shed for ages and it never stopped, people who shill dut are trolling
do you even have mpb then? Mabye TE or vitamin deficency

• +1

I am fully grown im turning 21 this month. Im a nw2.5 and I started fin because my overall frontal started to thin aswell.

I use 0.025% finasteride at 0.7ml studies show 30% system reduction 70% scalp reduction

I didn't just hop on fin I've been doing heavy research on it for over two years before using it.

At age 20 it doesn't do anything for development except like you mentioned beardand body hair. Which I don't want a beard or more body hair anyways, I shave everyday. I already have a decent beard at 20 and its annoying. And honestly if anything my beard growth is rapidly increasing since taking fin, either from genetics or the testosterone boost.

The only downsides to finasteride is the side effects. I belive like 80% of men on finasteride have some degree of libido loss while using it regardless to what the studies show. Dht is very potent for sex drive and performance you have to have optimal testosterone to pick up the slack of the missing dht which most men don't have.

I honestly don't plan on being on fin forever most likely when I get married and decide to have kids Ill stop it forever. I just have a lot of things I need to do and the stress of hairloss is holding me back . Im not the biggest fan of supressing dht I don't belive it is a "trash hormone" but aside from sexual performance its safe to take after I would say 18-19.

• +1
what are you talking about? people with this condition have around 30% dht compared to that of normal men. And that translates to shit like micropenis i thought and finasteride surpresses up to 60% dht i thought which is close enough
dutasteride has very little bearing on masculinisation during puberty

• +1
Eviscerating dht is probably one of the easiest looksmaxes you can do, no negatives.

• +1
do you even have mpb then? Mabye TE or vitamin deficency
def not TE or vitamin deficency, i suspect that its due to poor blood circulation and calcification.

I'm pretty convinced that the main cause of hairloss is excess estrogen and prolactin- not dht. Since estrogen is high for everyone (due to poor lifestyle, obesity, pollution) men have more estrogen than they ever did, which is why there are lots of balding 16-25 year olds

As men get older they also lose more hair, which is contradictory, since DHT decreases as you age - by this logic old people should have more hair than young people.

A study was also done on dogs were they were administered estrogen and their hair/coat growth was inhibited
Gardner, W.U., and DeVita, J. Inhibition of Hair Growth in Dogs Receiving Estrogens. Yale J Biol
Med. 1940 December; 13(2): 213–215.

When was the last time you saw a coomer with a full head of hair? prolactin, which increases when you coom, is also involved in hairloss which is also increasd by high estrogen.

currently taking an experimental stack and the results I've seen have been promising. but too early to say

• +1
also stupid bro science niggas trying to figure out what causes androgenic alopecia, we have the full model its: Higher expression of membrane androgen receptors (genetics) --> DHT activation of those receptors --> p38 phosphorylation --> overproduction of reactive oxygen species --> mitochondrial dysfunction of the dermal papilla cell --> cellular senescence via p16 --> inhibition of normal paracrine signaling pathways

• +1
also stupid bro science niggas trying to figure out what causes androgenic alopecia, we have the full model its: Higher expression of membrane androgen receptors (genetics) --> DHT activation of those receptors --> p38 phosphorylation --> overproduction of reactive oxygen species --> mitochondrial dysfunction of the dermal papilla cell --> cellular senescence via p16 --> inhibition of normal paracrine signaling pathways
this is flawed

• +1
this is flawed
no it is science dipshit you don’t have the iq or thousands of hours of researching to dispute what is our currently known reality. that is the process for androgenic alopecia plain and simple.

• +1
no it is science dipshit you don’t have the iq or thousands of hours of researching to dispute what is our currently known reality. that is the process for androgenic alopecia plain and simple.
is that what the white labcoats(jews) are telling you? better get the vax booter #164 as well while you're eating da bugz

edit: thanks for the gold redditor

• +1
is that what the white labcoats(jews) are telling you? better get the vax booter #164 as well while you're eating da bugz

edit: thanks for the gold redditor
men who do not have functional 5ar do not bald. keep coping.

• +1
men who do not have functional 5ar do not bald. keep coping.
dht is only one of the many causative agents of MPB - not the root cause, MPB is a multifactorial condition. There are also many anecdotes and stories of redditors who take mega doses of dut and are still balding, despite having virtually no serum DHT.

read heng R, et al., 2012 and Hamilton JB, 1951 newgen

• +1
def not TE or vitamin deficency, i suspect that its due to poor blood circulation and calcification.

I'm pretty convinced that the main cause of hairloss is excess estrogen and prolactin- not dht. Since estrogen is high for everyone (due to poor lifestyle, obesity, pollution) men have more estrogen than they ever did, which is why there are lots of balding 16-25 year olds

As men get older they also lose more hair, which is contradictory, since DHT decreases as you age - by this logic old people should have more hair than young people.

A study was also done on dogs were they were administered estrogen and their hair/coat growth was inhibited
Gardner, W.U., and DeVita, J. Inhibition of Hair Growth in Dogs Receiving Estrogens. Yale J Biol
Med. 1940 December; 13(2): 213–215.

When was the last time you saw a coomer with a full head of hair? prolactin, which increases when you coom, is also involved in hairloss which is also increasd by high estrogen.

currently taking an experimental stack and the results I've seen have been promising. but too early to say
Nah sorry but no way thats true. Estrogen is good for the hair, as a matter of fact people who use HRT for gender changes their hair loss reverses way better than regular male using finasteride.

Psudohermaohrodies with no dht do not recede at all,

Females that have high levels of estrogen do not bald in fact they can start balding later in life due to androgen sensitivity increasing when they get older. Thats why older men with less dht go bald more frequently because of androgen sensitivity in the hair folicle. Androgen sensitivity is based on age and genetics.

Same with the prostate, so if younger people have higher dht than older people why is BPH a older mans problem, because androgen sensitivity in the prostate increases with age not due to the dht levels.

Prolactin can cause hairloss but not in the MPB pattern and I'm sure its reversible. Women lose a lot of hair during breastfeeding due to prolactin probably but it grows back eventually.

Blood circulation is actually what causes hairloss but not in the way you think, dht binds to the follicle and chokes it out. Scalp massages and stuff like that wont help the only thing we know that works to get more flow to the follicle is minoxidil.

Last edited:
  • +1
dht is only one of the many causative agents of MPB - not the root cause, MPB is a multifactorial condition. There are also many anecdotes and stories of redditors who take mega doses of dut and are still balding, despite having virtually no serum DHT.

read heng R, et al., 2012 and Hamilton JB, 1951 newgen
can you link

• +1
Nah sorry but no way thats true. Estrogen is good for the hair, as a matter of fact people who use HRT for gender changes their hair loss reverses way better than regular male using finasteride.

Psudohermaohrodies with no dht do not recede at all,

Females that have high levels of estrogen do not bald in fact they can start balding later in life due to androgen sensitivity increasing when they get older. Thats why older men with less dht go bald more frequently because of androgen sensitivity in the hair folicle. Androgen sensitivity is based on age and genetics.

Same with the prostate, so if younger people have higher dht than older people why is BPH a older mans problem, because androgen sensitivity in the prostate increases with age not due to the dht levels.

Prolactin can cause hairloss but not in the MPB pattern and I'm sure its reversible. Women lose a lot of hair during breastfeeding due to prolactin probably but it grows back eventually.

Blood circulation is actually what causes hairloss but not in the way you think, dht binds to the follicle and chokes it out. Scalp massages and stuff like that wont help the only thing we know that works to get more flow to the follicle is minoxidil.
Estrogen is definitely not good for hair, like the study I mentioned before - dogs that were given estrogen started to lose their coats due to the estrogen receptor pathway that regulates the telogen-anagen hair follicle transition and also influences epidermal cell proliferation (Vaisse, C., et al. (1996))

Estrogens have been proven to inhibit hair growth (Hooker C W, Pfeiffer C A. Effects of sex hormones upon body growth, skin, hair and sebaceous glands in the rat. Endocrinol 1943: 32: 69–76.)

DHT also enhances nitric oxide, which is why when people use fin/dut often get ED. DHT actually increases hair growth (usually on the body). How can something that increases circulation also "choke" hair folicles.

On the subject of hermaphrodies, as well as their serum DHT being non-existnent their estrogen and prolactin is also almost non-exisistent. Since enzymes that convert/ create androgens/ estrogens are non-existent/ downregulated in these subjects it also means that their progesterone levels are higher. This is also the same reason that females during pregnancy have increased hair growth/ why trannies on HRT have better hair - more progesterone = more hair.

Something I suggest you read into is the "ivory dome theory", which suggests that calcification in the scalp is the primary cause of baldness, which is attributed to poor blood flow. This is also been proven by examining bald cadavers, who have constricted/ non existent blood vessels on the scalp.

DHT blockers also don't work for everyone, typically when you take them your body will compensate for decreased serum dht by converting more testosterone in DHT (rebound)

• +1
dht is only one of the many causative agents of MPB - not the root cause, MPB is a multifactorial condition. There are also many anecdotes and stories
Estrogen is definitely not good for hair, like the study I mentioned before - dogs that were given estrogen started to lose their coats due to the estrogen receptor pathway that regulates the telogen-anagen hair follicle transition and also influences epidermal cell proliferation (Vaisse, C., et al. (1996))

Estrogens have been proven to inhibit hair growth (Hooker C W, Pfeiffer C A. Effects of sex hormones upon body growth, skin, hair and sebaceous glands in the rat. Endocrinol 1943: 32: 69–76.)

DHT also enhances nitric oxide, which is why when people use fin/dut often get ED. DHT actually increases hair growth (usually on the body). How can something that increases circulation also "choke" hair folicles.

On the subject of hermaphrodies, as well as their serum DHT being non-existnent their estrogen and prolactin is also almost non-exisistent. Since enzymes that convert/ create androgens/ estrogens are non-existent/ downregulated in these subjects it also means that their progesterone levels are higher. This is also the same reason that females during pregnancy have increased hair growth/ why trannies on HRT have better hair - more progesterone = more hair.

Something I suggest you read into is the "ivory dome theory", which suggests that calcification in the scalp is the primary cause of baldness, which is attributed to poor blood flow. This is also been proven by examining bald cadavers, who have constricted/ non existent blood vessels on the scalp.

DHT blockers also don't work for everyone, typically when you take them your body will compensate for decreased serum dht by converting more testosterone in DHT (rebound)
Dude men who start using HRT and suppress testosterone grow their hair back it works better than finasteride. You litterly just gave me a dog and rat study as some sort of evidence.

Miniaturization chokes the hair and miniaturization is caused by DHT.

You clearly don't know anything about hair loss and are just spewing broscience. I know this because You said that using dht blockers can cause your body to compensate for decreased dht by converting more testosterone into dht. However finasteride is not a DHT blocker its a 5ar inhibitor. 5ar inhibitors reduce the conversion of testosterone into dht.

Last edited:
  • +1
Dude men who start using HRT and suppress testosterone grow their hair back it works better than finasteride. You litterly just gave me a dog and rat study as some sort of evidence.
Cut your balls off, keep using fin and take some estrogen than tranny.

Nothing wrong with dog and rat studies, they still prove my point that estrogen is not good for you.

Miniaturization chokes the hair and miniaturization is caused by DHT.
It is caused by a plethora of reasons, DHT being only one of them. DHT on its own does not cause miniaturisation. The main reason finasteride works is because it inhibits the conversion of progesterone into 5α-Dihydroprogesterone. More progesterone (e.g as seen in pregnant woman and studies) has been shown to drastically enhance hair growth.

DHT is also know to increase blood flow, it can not "choke out" hair follicles like the jews would leave you to believe, DHT promotes hair growth https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6989660/
You clearly don't know anything about hair loss and are just spewing broscience. I know this because You said that using dht blockers can cause your body to compensate for decreased dht by converting more testosterone into dht. However finasteride is not a DHT blocker its a 5ar inhibitor. 5ar inhibitors reduce the conversion of testosterone into dht.

DHT blockers, aka 5ar reductase inhibitors are the same thing? DHT is blocked from being produced? must be pretty depserate if you're attacking semantics. The rebound or compensation from taking fin/dut is also true. This is evident in people who take fin/dut, get blood tests and find that their DHT is stil high - this is also why some people continue to lose hair on fin/dut

• +1
Cut your balls off, keep using fin and take some estrogen than tranny.

Nothing wrong with dog and rat studies, they still prove my point that estrogen is not good for you.

It is caused by a plethora of reasons, DHT being only one of them. DHT on its own does not cause miniaturisation. The main reason finasteride works is because it inhibits the conversion of progesterone into 5α-Dihydroprogesterone. More progesterone (e.g as seen in pregnant woman and studies) has been shown to drastically enhance hair growth.

DHT is also know to increase blood flow, it can not "choke out" hair follicles like the jews would leave you to believe, DHT promotes hair growth https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6989660/

DHT blockers, aka 5ar reductase inhibitors are the same thing? DHT is blocked from being produced? must be pretty depserate if you're attacking semantics. The rebound or compensation from taking fin/dut is also true. This is evident in people who take fin/dut, get blood tests and find that their DHT is stil high - this is also why some people continue to lose hair on fin/dut
I never said to use estrogen that would make you a tranny. I just proved it's not detrimental to hair because of MTF transitions if that was true women would have some sort of Estrogenic alopecia and androgenic alopecia wouldn't exist.

Your studies did not prove shit, i can pull up 100 studies relating to dhts role in androgenic alopecia to your shit dog study and your other study from the year 1943 :lul:.

Animal studies are literally a meme in hair loss science if they actually applied to humans than the cure for hairloss would have been already created there is multiple drugs that regrow so much hair on rats that don't grow a single folicle on humans.

If we are having a conversation about the science behind hair loss labeling finasteride as a dht blocker is just embarrassing its not even "attacking semantics" it literally shows a lack of understanding.

I don't know where you're getting your data from that "rebound effect". Dht cant "rebound" if the 5ar enzyme is inhibited. There is no one on earth taking dutasteride that has higher dht levels than before it is IMPOSSIBLE, there is not enough 5ar to convert the test to dht.

Also on progesterone yes it helps with hair growth but it is not what grows your hair on finasteride, females going through menopause lose hair from lower levels of progesterone but they have thinning overall not like a pattern in MPB. The pattern for mpb comes from genetic androgen sensitivity expression.

How would you explain BPH? Is it also caused by low progesterone? Science clearly shows the prostate gets more sensitive to dht over time and that is what happens in the hair follicle.

• +1
Science clearly shows the prostate gets more sensitive to dht over time and that is what happens in the hair follicle.
Yea exactly

Inject a 50 year old castrate with androgens, they will bald and their prostate will enlarge in a very fast
Do it with a 20 year old, those things will not happend

This aging process is mostly driven by genetics

• +1