Finasteride side effects megathread

Do you believe that you have experienced noticeable side effects from finasteride?

• Total voters
Reckless Turtle

Reckless Turtle

Kraken
List your dosing protocol and side effect profile. Only vote "no" if you have taken finasteride.

idk what that is

What a megathread 👹👹

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Abhorrence, IMOGYOU, forevermirin and 3 others
I'll start it next month probably
Will report when my dick falls off

Ngl my dick started falling off and reached full ed at 6th month after that my body got used to fin and its all normal + im hornier than ever somehow . Im wondering if its still making effect since i have 0 sides now . But ye was scary af

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, irrumator praetor and PseudoMaxxer
Been on it for a month and half and no side effects so far. I still have raging hard boners, no manboobs and no depression.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, irrumator praetor, PseudoMaxxer and 1 other person
Ngl my dick started falling off and reached full ed at 6th month after that my body got used to fin and its all normal + im hornier than ever somehow . Im wondering if its still making effect since i have 0 sides now . But ye was scary af
I think that’s a sign it’s working fine. I read stories about guys quitting it to find out and lose ground jfl

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and aesthetic beauty
I think that’s a sign it’s working fine. I read stories about guys quitting it to find out and lose ground jfl
0 chances i quit it i regained so much hair my derm was impressed by it

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: boss8055, Spiritualcell, irrumator praetor and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, PseudoMaxxer and Phillybeard1996
I had only sides first month, after your body gets used to it and have 0 sides.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, CyberPsychodelic, irrumator praetor and 1 other person
Dosing 1 mg eod. 1 month in erections are 60% of what they used to be and libido is low af. But all of this might be because i’m cutting really hard.

Gonna keep Holding on.

• +1
Reactions: irrumator praetor
think it's been like 9 months or a year now, still don't have any sides whatsoever, my cum didn't even get more watery like I read in most reports.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, CyberPsychodelic, irrumator praetor and 1 other person
think it's been like 9 months or a year now, still don't have any sides whatsoever, my cum didn't even get more watery like I read in most reports.
At this point I think most of the horror stories that we read here and there is about people gatekeeping fin just to have less competition.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, CyberPsychodelic, TruestTruecel and 1 other person
Been on it for 4 months, the reverse might’ve even happened, I’m higher libido asf, anxiety is much less and I’m more social and all (not relating any of that shit to finasteride just saying you can be all that despite a drug that’s purported to cause crippling anxiety, limp dick and all by many retards). I’m doing 1 mg 3-4 x per week sometimes and I have up it to 1 mg every day but simply due to cost effectiveness decided to cut down on it.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, CyberPsychodelic, VenatorLuparius and 1 other person
Were you actively norwooding or you just had a shit hairline?
I was like nw3 + thinning now im like 1.5 with fine density.
But i also overdosed both fin and min i took like 4x than my derm recommended thats why i had crzy results but also worse sides

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, Spiritualcell and Matheus
I was like nw3 + thinning now im like 1.5 with fine density.
But i also overdosed both fin and min i took like 4x than my derm recommended thats why i had crzy results but also worse sides
Holy that's impressive.
ODing fin only marginally decreases scalp DHT. Did you take minox orally?

Holy that's impressive.
ODing fin only marginally decreases scalp DHT. Did you take minox orally?
Both topical i oded mainly because a lot of the products would get stuck in my hair but still i took much more than prescribed. Also microneedling once every 1-2 weeks was key hair got thicker so much faster than without

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell
I take dutasteride everyday and only sides I have are watery semen which isnt even a big deal at all, libido and erection still going strong

• +1
Reactions: ResilientGoyim, FutureSlayer and irrumator praetor
2 tears on fin 3 times a week and i grow manboobs, so yeah manboobs or bald ?

I've experienced mild penile sensitivity loss and weakened orgasms after 1.25 mg every Sunday. It could be nocebo but I notice the effect closest to after taking the pill (without actively thinking about it prior to it happening). I've also considered that the drug has been causing dry eyes but this hasn't occured frequently enough. Cumulatively, I've been dosing on this cycle for roughly a year. Inconsistently microdosing topically (without taking the pill) didn't seem to yield side effects, further suggesting that this isn't nocebo.

Last edited:
List your dosing protocol and side effect profile. Only vote "no" if you have taken finasteride.
1.25mg oral, a quarter of proscar, a day, every single day.

Been on topical fin for 2 months before starting oral, started from 0.02% built up to 1% since last week and a half - thus my decision to start oral.

Sperm fine, white and thick, horniness seems to increase with increase in fin dosage, but stabilizes after a while. First sides were forming of titty tissue (man boobs) aka soreness in the tits. Went away after lowering dose (like 2 days). Urge to jack off still ok, erection still 100% hard. Thats all i got to say tbf. Had it not been for Haircafe, wouldn't have started fin. Pretty good drug, lowered my shedding from 70 hairs a day with RU58841 to 10-20 and now on oral hoping that number reaches 0 and honestly might mix retinol with the RU and Minoxidil. Don't really wanna go for dutasteride (blocks too many 5ars IMO) but knowing my luck and aggressive MPB i just know I will have to upgrade.

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Dosing 1 mg eod. 1 month in erections are 60% of what they used to be and libido is low af. But all of this might be because i’m cutting really hard.

Gonna keep Holding on.
Yea starvation really makes u wanna jerk off doesn't it

• +1
mild penile sensitivity loss
Sooo you couldn't cum as quick? This is a penis nerve issue, though.

Cumulatively, I've been dosing on this cycle for roughly a year.
Think consistency is what builds up the body's adaptation to finasteride. So "every Sunday" is rather... Well, I wouldn't call it a routine at all.

• +1
how much ti
1.25mg oral, a quarter of proscar, a day, every single day.

Been on topical fin for 2 months before starting oral, started from 0.02% built up to 1% since last week and a half - thus my decision to start oral.

Sperm fine, white and thick, horniness seems to increase with increase in fin dosage, but stabilizes after a while. First sides were forming of titty tissue (man boobs) aka soreness in the tits. Went away after lowering dose (like 2 days). Urge to jack off still ok, erection still 100% hard. Thats all i got to say tbf. Had it not been for Haircafe, wouldn't have started fin. Pretty good drug, lowered my shedding from 70 hairs a day with RU58841 to 10-20 and now on oral hoping that number reaches 0 and honestly might mix retinol with the RU and Minoxidil. Don't really wanna go for dutasteride (blocks too many 5ars IMO) but knowing my luck and aggressive MPB i just know I will have to upgrade.
me before the effects of Fin started showing? I’m shedding hard rn

Sooo you couldn't cum as quick? This is a penis nerve issue, though.
No, there's simply less sensation. It's similar to touching your left hand with your right hand after sitting on your left hand for too long.

Think consistency is what builds up the body's adaptation to finasteride. So "every Sunday" is rather... Well, I wouldn't call it a routine at all.
It's a routine because it's a consistent cycle. And you're implying that it would be easier to notice side effects on my cycle than on a daily one.

how much ti

me before the effects of Fin started showing? I’m shedding hard rn
Side effects? They showed immediately after administering, but i never had them beyond that 1 time. The decrease in shedding i notice the day or 2 after increasing the finasteride dosage. Lately i found myself still increasing fina dose but shedding barely moving from 10-20 hairs a day (pretty sure when u reach 0 a day shit starts to regrow - really need a density improvement as the density is almost gonna delete my still remaining hairline). "People" on reddit say it takes a month or something. I don't know why their bodies take so long to react tbf. Hopefully thats the case tho since maybe the shedding somehow dissappears lol

No, there's simply less sensation. It's similar to touching your left hand with your right hand after sitting on your left hand for too long
Sensation = nerve endings.
It's a routine because it's a consistent cycle
Try lowering it to 0.02% topical every day like I did.
easier to notice side effects on my cycle than on a daily one
Lol if u don't know how u act on a daily basis.

Sensation = nerve endings.
DHT could play a role in maintaining sexual sensation.

Try lowering it to 0.02% topical every day like I did.
Inconsistently microdosing topically (without taking the pill) didn't seem to yield side effects, further suggesting that this isn't nocebo.

Lol if u don't know how u act on a daily basis.
It could be nocebo but I notice the effect closest to after taking the pill (without actively thinking about it prior to it happening).

DHT could play a role in maintaining sexual sensation.
So the sensation of someone touching you on the skin is regulated by a hormone for hair, nerve endings don't exist... Yea bro

Anyway for the rest of your reply just lower the dosage (or don't)

Side effects? They showed immediately after administering, but i never had them beyond that 1 time. The decrease in shedding i notice the day or 2 after increasing the finasteride dosage. Lately i found myself still increasing fina dose but shedding barely moving from 10-20 hairs a day (pretty sure when u reach 0 a day shit starts to regrow - really need a density improvement as the density is almost gonna delete my still remaining hairline). "People" on reddit say it takes a month or something. I don't know why their bodies take so long to react tbf. Hopefully thats the case tho since maybe the shedding somehow dissappears lol
i take 1mg eod and i did it for 3 weeks now and i still have no effects (i still shed a lot) but have little side effects

• +1
Reactions: bigchunguslover
So the sensation of someone touching you on the skin is regulated by a hormone for hair, nerve endings don't exist... Yea bro
Your reading comprehension is abysmal and/or you don't realize that finasteride was originally (and continually) marketed for BPH.

Anyway for the rest of your reply just lower the dosage (or don't)
Maybe but I'm probably predisposed to BPH and prostate cancer and microdosing orally would probably have negligible benefit for both AGA and the prostate.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: wollet2
i take 1mg eod and i did it for 3 weeks now and i still have no effects (i still shed a lot) but have little side effects
Thats great man

Your reading comprehension is abysmal
Dht doesn't have a function in any kind of sensation (outside stimuli is through the nerves, nerves react when you touch your penis and not dht)

Dht doesn't have a function in any kind of sensation (outside stimuli is through the nerves, nerves react when you touch your penis and not dht)
DHT metabolites act as neurosteroids. Sensation from stimuli on nerves involves a pathway between the nerves and the brain.
Metabolites of DHT have been found to act as neurosteroids with their own AR-independent biological activity.[19] 3α-Androstanediol is a potent positive allosteric modulator of the GABAA receptor, while 3β-androstanediol is a potent and selective agonist of the estrogen receptor (ER) subtype ERβ.[19] These metabolites may play important roles in the central effects of DHT and by extension testosterone, including their antidepressant, anxiolytic, rewarding/hedonic, anti-stress, and pro-cognitive effects.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
  • +1
voted NO but I’m on Duta 0.5mg/day

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and bradpittshairline
Been taking it for over a year, 0 side effect. Started taking it when i saw i was diffuse thinning, hair is life.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and irrumator praetor
I did not experience any ED side effects. And up until today, I would have answered no to the question. I just learned today that there was a study published in 2022 linking dry eye syndrome with Fin and Dut. I experienced bad dry eye syndrome from about 2014 to 2023, it gradually went away earlier this year. Unironically I stopped taking Fin/Dut Oct 2022. I did not learn of the association until I watched a youtube video today.

• +1
Reactions: Hirekdr