Finasteride unable to stop bitemporal recession?

Deleted member 8616

Deleted member 8616

Gold
Is that true? I read that on that site. My understanding has been that it stops a receding hairline very effectively.

yes. But everyone responds differently so u may get different results

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616
i cant tell if that was sarcasm or if ur retarded
Then whats the point of fin? The hairline might just keep receding on the temples but you keep the density?

did u not read what i said

Yes it will stop/reduce it for a majority (temple recession)
Aah ok i get u now, i can sleep with no stress thanks to u, hopefully im in the majority

If I remember correctly the notion that it does not work for bitemporal recession, stems from the fact that the inital studies on the effectiveness were on the vertex. However finasteride does not account for scalp testosterone and there is still residual DHT. If you have very sensitive follicles I'd argue that fin will not be enough and only buys you time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616
If I remember correctly the notion that it does not work for bitemporal recession, stems from the fact that the inital studies on the effectiveness were on the vertex. However finasteride does not account for scalp testosterone and there is still residual DHT. If you have very sensitive follicles I'd argue that fin will not be enough and only buys you time.
Thats because a majority of studies are based on the vertex of the scalp and not on the temples but id argue that many people have seen regrowth if they weren't too late to the treatment and reduced/stopped further recession potentially for many years. But at the end of the day it is reliant on, as u stated, follicle sensitivity and how u react to the drug. therefore It is advised to use it with a growth stimulant minoxidil as an extra precaution

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616 and Casadonis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back