First car help

R

rayman

Bronze
Friend is selling 2007 Mazda 3 Manual 220K miles for $900.

Brought it to 2 Mechanics, one said needs a new clutch, and besides that looks good. other said everything is fine, he put the new axle in yesterday.

Friend and his mechanic say I can drive it fine with current clutch. Replacing it with a top clutch would be $800, $500-600 with a decent clutch.

Rid in the car and it drives smooth. Just Need to learn manual.

Even if I replace the clutch (which I plan to), I’ll only be in around $1400-$1700, possibly up to $2000.

Only thing worrying me is the 220,000 miles.

Is 18 months of use reasonable to expect? Think 300k miles is reasonable if maintained properly ?

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and MarstonAlloy
Friend is selling 2007 Mazda 3 Manual 220K miles for $900.

Brought it to 2 Mechanics, one said needs a new clutch, and besides that looks good. other said everything is fine, he put the new axle in yesterday.

Friend and his mechanic say I can drive it fine with current clutch. Replacing it with a top clutch would be $800, $500-600 with a decent clutch.

Rid in the car and it drives smooth. Just Need to learn manual.

Even if I replace the clutch (which I plan to), I’ll only be in around $1400-$1700, possibly up to $2000.

Only thing worrying me is the 220,000 miles.

Is 18 months of use reasonable to expect? Think 300k miles is reasonable if maintained properly ?
Jfl, wtf do you mean you need to learn manual, didn’t you go to driver school

And 220,000 miles isn’t bad tbh

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek, .👽., Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
They don’t teach manual in America. It’s a good deal or a fair priced deal?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Pietrosiek, Deleted member 6128 and SLA
most people here ldar
would be suprised if you get a decent answer here

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
standard drivers are all chads automatics are for betas and females

• +1
Reactions: aspieSavage and IWILLMAKEIT
They don’t teach manual in America. It’s a good deal or a fair priced deal?
In my country there are different driving licenses for manual and automatic, if you have one for automatic you aren't allowed to drive a manual.
That being said manual cars are the past, electrics are the future.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aspieSavage, Pietrosiek and .👽.
manual's annoying as hell but 900 ain't bad. I personally would never buy a manual car unless you enjoy it.

How old are you and how much can you realistically spend? I think you could do better but at the same time I don't think anyone would naysay this too much. Cars, like many other things, have a steep scale of diminishing returns, so a car for a couple grand more will be significantly better than a 900 dollar car, as compared to a jump between 10k and 15k.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek