First Thread, Looking For Advice

A

Anima

Iron
Hi mates. Been lurking for about a year and felt that I finally needed to post something. I feel very hopeless with my life and like I can't ask my irl peers for advice because every time I do it's like they don't understand and it makes me feel stupid. I see countless posts here of people saying things that I'm feeling and thinking; this is why I'm here.

I'm a 21 y/o male and live in southeast coast US. I'm in my second semester at a local university. I went into uni not knowing what to do, but I felt aimless and like a failure because all of my friends went to college after hs. Because of the uncertainty, I've changed majors and want to again, or even drop out. I work a niche food service job and make $17/hr. I'm above average looks, honestly probably 7-8 PSL. I've done some modeling in an attempt to get signed, but gave up because of mental health. My low self esteem made it really hard to be objectified. I have PTSD from parental abuse and crippling social anxiety. It fluctuates, but because of this it's hard for me to socialize or engage with my peers. Sometimes I'll be ok, sometimes I'll have panic attacks doing simple things like getting a haircut, going to the gym, getting food. Basically, I feel like I'm living my life on autopilot and it's been this way for the last two years. Absolutely nothing motivates me or makes me feel fulfilled anymore--not the things that I'm passionate about, not my career, not my education, not connecting with friends, not even sex. Whenever I wake up it feels like the day is already coming to an end and so I might as well not do anything. I literally just want to lie down and rot. I feel like I'm just watching time pass me and trying to stay functioning enough to stay afloat. I'm dissociated most of the time, like it's hard for me to feel present, in the moment. Whenever I am doing something that makes me feel happy, I soon feel uneasy. Scared, I guess, that I shouldn't be happy for x, y, or z reason, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe they're lying to me, maybe I'm being weird/cringe, and I'll ruin the moment. Also, scared that I'll waste the moment because I know it won't last forever and I ought to do things right so that it will be a good, valuable memory. The only thing I look forward to is my weekly therapy session. I literally think of the week as "oh therapy in a few days" and "just make it through this weekend and then therapy in a few days". My problem is that I don't understand why this is or what I can do to fix it. As a teen, I remember having motivation, interest, drive, but I just don't anymore. I constantly feel like I need a break, but from what I don't understand. It's extremely annoying because these thoughts and feelings seem stupid and invalid, and I wish I could just shake them off and start doing what I need to do.

I know I could be successful at things because I'm good looking, higher IQ, and have some good basic connections. I feel really shit at times, but I know deep down I'm not a truecel. I'm a desirable person and have the capacity to achieve success. Problem is I just really don't see the point to. When I imagine myself richer, I still feel empty. When I imagine myself swimming in pussy, I still feel empty. When I imagine myself with friends, I still feel empty. It's like this with everything. I honestly think 90% of my problems come from my ability to socialize or fit in. I also don't entirely understand social norms, as I was bullied all through school until about junior year of HS, so I never had friends or close relationships. I've been considering antidepressants for like a year, but I really don't want to take them. In HS I took Prozac and it made me manic for the almost two years I took it. And I really miss that, feeling energized, uninhibited, like the hottest, smartest person in the room at all times. I ascended hard. But it caused me tons of problems when it came to actually connecting with other people. Life is shallow, but not that shallow. That's no way to live, I know.

I really just don't know what to do anymore, so I'm here looking for advice. At least, to share this and feel less alone. If you've read, thank you.

Also if there's like an official discord then PM me the invite link please.

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, thecel, zeke714 and 2 others
If you've read
No GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5608 and thecel
Just leave this forum before it's too late.

• WTF
Reactions: thecel
Hi mates. Been lurking for about a year and felt that I finally needed to post something. I feel very hopeless with my life and like I can't ask my irl peers for advice because every time I do it's like they don't understand and it makes me feel stupid. I see countless posts here of people saying things that I'm feeling and thinking; this is why I'm here.

I'm a 21 y/o male and live in southeast coast US. I'm in my second semester at a local university. I went into uni not knowing what to do, but I felt aimless and like a failure because all of my friends went to college after hs. Because of the uncertainty, I've changed majors and want to again, or even drop out. I work a niche food service job and make $17/hr. I'm above average looks, honestly probably 7-8 PSL. I've done some modeling in an attempt to get signed, but gave up because of mental health. My low self esteem made it really hard to be objectified. I have PTSD from parental abuse and crippling social anxiety. It fluctuates, but because of this it's hard for me to socialize or engage with my peers. Sometimes I'll be ok, sometimes I'll have panic attacks doing simple things like getting a haircut, going to the gym, getting food. Basically, I feel like I'm living my life on autopilot and it's been this way for the last two years. Absolutely nothing motivates me or makes me feel fulfilled anymore--not the things that I'm passionate about, not my career, not my education, not connecting with friends, not even sex. Whenever I wake up it feels like the day is already coming to an end and so I might as well not do anything. I literally just want to lie down and rot. I feel like I'm just watching time pass me and trying to stay functioning enough to stay afloat. I'm dissociated most of the time, like it's hard for me to feel present, in the moment. Whenever I am doing something that makes me feel happy, I soon feel uneasy. Scared, I guess, that I shouldn't be happy for x, y, or z reason, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe they're lying to me, maybe I'm being weird/cringe, and I'll ruin the moment. Also, scared that I'll waste the moment because I know it won't last forever and I ought to do things right so that it will be a good, valuable memory. The only thing I look forward to is my weekly therapy session. I literally think of the week as "oh therapy in a few days" and "just make it through this weekend and then therapy in a few days". My problem is that I don't understand why this is or what I can do to fix it. As a teen, I remember having motivation, interest, drive, but I just don't anymore. I constantly feel like I need a break, but from what I don't understand. It's extremely annoying because these thoughts and feelings seem stupid and invalid, and I wish I could just shake them off and start doing what I need to do.

I know I could be successful at things because I'm good looking, higher IQ, and have some good basic connections. I feel really shit at times, but I know deep down I'm not a truecel. I'm a desirable person and have the capacity to achieve success. Problem is I just really don't see the point to. When I imagine myself richer, I still feel empty. When I imagine myself swimming in pussy, I still feel empty. When I imagine myself with friends, I still feel empty. It's like this with everything. I honestly think 90% of my problems come from my ability to socialize or fit in. I also don't entirely understand social norms, as I was bullied all through school until about junior year of HS, so I never had friends or close relationships. I've been considering antidepressants for like a year, but I really don't want to take them. In HS I took Prozac and it made me manic for the almost two years I took it. And I really miss that, feeling energized, uninhibited, like the hottest, smartest person in the room at all times. I ascended hard. But it caused me tons of problems when it came to actually connecting with other people. Life is shallow, but not that shallow. That's no way to live, I know.

I really just don't know what to do anymore, so I'm here looking for advice. At least, to share this and feel less alone. If you've read, thank you.

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, thecel, AscendingHero and 1 other person
send pics or giga elaborated larp

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and volcelfatcel
dnrd

it is over tho

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, thecel, Inquisiting_Vitiate and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Inquisiting_Vitiate
i just read somewhere im between and notices 7-8 psl , jfl wtf is this guy 😂😂😂
I just need to be sure, he really has been on the forum for a long time and this is his first post, it could be that everything he said is the purest truth or he is some kind of creative psychopath who has been larping his whole life

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
nice larp, post this on reddit next time. They'll happily accept u

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Inquisiting_Vitiate and pizza
nice larp, post this on reddit next time. They'll happily accept u
dude made a mistake coming here, whenever he goes for job his company will see looksmax linked to his email and reject him jfl

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, AscendingHero and ReignsChad
I just need to be sure, he really has been on the forum for a long time and this is his first post, it could be that everything he said is the purest truth or he is some kind of creative psychopath who has been larping his whole life
jfl, usually larping face and height is okay but larping a whole life? 😂😂😂

You sound neurotic. Look into meditation, it is the path to enlightenment, and along the path you will learn countless things.

You will realize that there is no final destination and everything, including your anxieties and struggles, is just a perturbation in consciousness; it arises and passes spontaneously without your control. As you enter the void and detach from these feelings, simply observe them as they arise, they ironically stop most of the times.

I recommend learning from actualized.org on Youtube, and Sam Harris.

Your problem doesn't seem to be with looks

this forum will not help with ur mental state, if anything it will make it worse

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Deleted member 11748, zeke714 and 1 other person

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero and pizza
  • JFL
Reactions: volcelfatcel

Find Jesus bro this place certainly won't help with your mental state.

You sound neurotic. Look into meditation, it is the path to enlightenment, and along the path you will learn countless things.

You will realize that there is no final destination and everything, including your anxieties and struggles, is just a perturbation in consciousness; it arises and passes spontaneously without your control. As you enter the void and detach from these feelings, simply observe them as they arise, they ironically stop most of the times.

I recommend learning from actualized.org on Youtube, and Sam Harris.
Thank you for the actual reply.

I have some experience with psychedelics, and I've also done some reading on stoicism, nietzsche, et al. Both helped, but only for a short while. Eventually things wore me back down and it became hard to not feel the meaninglessness as nihilism. Typically, I'll have periods of feeling good but then certain experiences send me spiraling, leaving me vulnerable to more things to get even worse.

I'll check out both the resources you mentioned. Thanks.
Your problem doesn't seem to be with looks

this forum will not help with ur mental state, if anything it will make it worse
I agree. But from what I've seen, at least half the people here aren't truecels and their problem lies in their social capabilities. So I figured that that would be an area of focus around here, but I guess I'm wrong. I mostly look around for the occasional highIQcel post, I don't really get caught up in the other stuff.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend, AscendingHero and MarstonAlloy
Thank you for the actual reply.

I have some experience with psychedelics, and I've also done some reading on stoicism, nietzsche, et al. Both helped, but only for a short while. Eventually things wore me back down and it became hard to not feel the meaninglessness as nihilism. Typically, I'll have periods of feeling good but then certain experiences send me spiraling, leaving me vulnerable to more things to get even worse.

I'll check out both the resources you mentioned. Thanks.

I agree. But from what I've seen, at least half the people here aren't truecels and their problem lies in their social capabilities. So I figured that that would be an area of focus around here, but I guess I'm wrong. I mostly look around for the occasional highIQcel post, I don't really get caught up in the other stuff.
Look into religion. Stuff like buddhism\hinduism calm the spirit
Also spend time in nature remove yourself as far away from civilization as much as you can

Look into religion. Stuff like buddhism\hinduism calm the spirit
Also spend time in nature remove yourself as far away from civilization as much as you can
Again, have to thank you for an actual reply.

I find a lot of peace when I'm connecting with nature, but I don't find a lot of time to do that. Perhaps I'll go to the beach by myself and read a book or something. Cheers.

• +1
Reactions: MarstonAlloy
I have some experience with psychedelics, and I've also done some reading on stoicism, nietzsche, et al. Both helped, but only for a short while.
Many people mindlessly read about these topics as a way to distract themselves from their situation. Most don't apply what they read afterwards, it is a coping mechanism to alleviate their suffering temporarily because they feel productive while doing so.

I'm happy to help you, taking the first step is half the battle. Good luck.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
I would take things easy as first. Maybe one day you'll get celebrity status like I once did. Take it easy tiger

anyone got a summary of the essay