FIX YOUR EYESIGHT- Why I HATE ophthalmologists

sly shinkai

sly shinkai

ofWudan
From a young age, we all have our eyes checked by the ophthalmologist. You may not need glasses from the start, but as you learn how to read books, and start reading books or play games on a tablet/PC(close-up activities), your eyesight starts deteriorating. You start seeing blurry when looking in the distance. You go with your worried parent to the ophthalmologists, that prescribes you your FIRST pair of glasses. Now you are seeing perfectly as before.:love: But you start using your glasses that are for distance at close up because you start using them at school and you need to watch the whiteboard and write in your notebook too. As time flies you end up getting more and more glasses with higher and higher diopters. So what happened that you got in this situation? What went wrong? Did you not use your glasses right? Were your parents right about these damn smartphones? Well, let me explain...

Why myopia gets worse over time?

Poor vision habits​

• Too much close work,
  • while wearing glasses that are too powerful
The actual mechanism is an area of active research, but the general result is axial elongation. The eye grows longer, requiring stronger correction, in a cycle.
Other bad habits which affect vision, though probably don't contribute to the progression of myopia:
  • Not blinking enough, causing Dry eye

Myopia, also known as shortsightedness is not a disorder, a disease, or a lifetime sentence to expensive glasses slash contacts. It's actually your eyes doing their job properly. Our eyesight is an amazing dance between the software of our brains and the mechanisms of our eyeballs. It's a series of tiny unconscious adjustments made in response to the stimulus of looking at something.

If your glasses prescription has been getting stronger over the years, that's often the result of a feedback loop of stronger lens correction and your eyeballs compensating to deal with it. Thankfully, changes in eyesight are not a one-way street. Let's talk about how your ability to see things clearly at a distance can get slowly better over time instead of worse.

First, the basics of eyeball mechanics. At some point, you probably learned what lenses do. Lenses change the direction of rays of light Positive lenses bend light towards a single point. Negative lenses spread that light out. Positive and negative lenses working together can adjust where that point of focus falls.

Your eyeballs contain a flexible positive lens. This lens is framed by a ring of muscle called the ciliary muscle. When the ciliary muscles relaxed, your lens is at its thinnest. When the ciliary muscle contracts, it pushes inward causing your lens to bulge more. This basically happens without your conscious control. Amazing. Your eyeball has one almighty directive from the brain. Focus the light from the object you're looking at onto your retina at the back of your eyeball. When it hits perfectly, you get a clear image. If it falls short or long of the retina, you'll experience blurriness. The amount of work Your eyes have to do depends on how far away the object is. If you experience myopia, you know that things in the distance are more blurry than things that are nearer to your face.

You're having trouble seeing things far away. Your eye doctor gives you glasses. You can see far away now fabulous. Then you go home and read for a few hours with your new glasses on. While you're doing that your ciliary muscle is working extra hard to cancel out the strong new negative lens that's making this close-up image, the book, fall behind your retina.

If you do something like this every day for months and years, your ciliary muscle is going to get so overworked that your eyeball will grow a tiny bit in length to give it a break. But now, your glasses don't seem to be working quite as well as they used to. And you can't see as far as the distance anymore. So you go to the eye doctor, they prescribe you some stronger lenses, and the cycle continues. In the next video, we'll look at ways to break this cycle and introduce habits that can restore your distance vision over time.

Active Focus can be described as conscious relaxation of the ciliary muscle. It results in clearer vision and provides stimulus to improve eyesight in the long term. It's probably the largest stumbling block that is beginning to improve your eyesight.

How it works​

Active Focus resolves a small amount of myopic defocus. Doing Active Focus provides the necessary stimulus to reverse the effects of myopia. It is also important in managing eyestrain.

Active Focus attempts to push the distant vision of the eyes slightly further. However, as accommodation is a voluntary process, achieving Active Focus is not straightforward. While it is easy to move the skeletal muscles of your body, it is not possible to control the ciliary muscles in the same way. However, by careful manipulation of the blurred horizon, it is possible to encourage the eyes to push slightly harder to achieve focus. This extra push is what Active Focus is about.

In order to do this successfully, it is important to introduce an appropriate amount of blur challenge to the eyes. This can be accomplished by the use of normalized and differential glasses. As opposed to full correction glasses where everything is always sharp, normalized and differential glasses provide convenient access to a blurred horizon. This blur horizon allows for the practice of Active Focus. Again, the blur challenge should not be so much that it is too difficult for the eyes and not so little that it is unnoticeable.

Reverse Your Myopia​

1. Get slightly reduced glasses for other times when you don't need perfect vision. We call these normalized. They give a slight blur challenge at a distance. Because glasses are generally rounded off to the nearest quarter diopter, full-strength lenses are likely to be slightly overprescribed even if your optometrist follows the best practices and procedures of his profession. A quarter diopter low would put your distance to blur at 4m or about 13 feet, and allow your ciliary muscle to relax when viewing at that distance and beyond.
  2. Find Active Focus, a way of getting your eyes to see slightly further than their normal distance to blur.
  3. When you're ready, do your first reduction

How to measure your eyesight​

Measuring your eyesight can be done in several different ways. Remember eyesight fluctuates from day to day based on many factors, one measurement alone is not necessarily the most accurate indication of your vision. Before you order a new correction or decide to reduce, try to get enough measurements to have a good idea of what your typical vision is. Since you are measuring yourself you can take the time to get a better idea of what your most consistent vision is.

Centimeter measurements​

Centimeter measurements are seeing your distance to blur with a tape measure held against a screen or book. 12 point font is recommended, you will see blur at the same distance regardless of font size, however, it will be easier to distinguish the edge of blur with 12 pt font.

Snellen chart​

A Snellen chart is good as it controls a lot of variables. If you stand at the same distance with the same given pair of glasses in similar, or same lighting and notice an improvement over time, then it's safe to say your eyesight is improving.

If you check your Snellen with your next, i.e. reduced pair of normalized, and you can see the 20/50 line, you could start using those, provided you are reasonably comfortable with that much blur. But always keep your previous correction for driving, make sure you are being safe and within legal guidelines, check your local vision requirements.

Real-world object​

This usually works best with signs. Take a given object, preferably with text that you see very frequently, and see whether there's an improvement over time in how well you can see the object.

This one might not produce hard figures like the other two methods, so it's better to use this exclusively only once you're sure you're getting improvements as verified by the other methods that produce numbers.

Thx for reading and for more info go to:
-
You don't need to buy what he offers as he gives most of the info for free. I suggest reading as much as you can because there is actually a way to fix your eyesight. Hope I gave you some hope and motivation.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: shalomnigga, garoupilled_, bwrauycnee and 30 others
Very good thread

You couldy save thousands of $ by not going to eye doctor etc

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 15343 and 2 others
environmentpilled once again :Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: virren, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 15343 and 6 others
Very good thread

You couldy save thousands of $ by not going to eye doctor etc
when are all these fucking doctors gonna get the chance to concentrate a little :feelsmage:

• JFL
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
i don't wear my glasses, you can just squint if you really need to see something JFL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23564 and Deleted member 9670
this end myopia shit is a scam. I've done extensive research into this.

myopia is either a result of genetics (rare) or a lack of sunlight reaching the eyes during developmental years (due to rotting inside too much). sunlight releases dopamine in the eyeball which prevents elongation of the eyeball. gazing into the distance only plays a minor role, if any at all.

"exercises" to reverse myopia have zero clinical evidence to back up their efficacy whatsoever. in china they mandated such exercises in school and they did nothing.

tl;dr
- myopia is usually a result of not seeing enough sunlight during developmental years (sunlight releases dopamine in the eyeball which prevents elongation = myopia)
- after that, you can either wear glasses or get lasik
- vision exercises are a bullshit scam with no evidence to back up efficacy

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • WTF
Reactions: shalomnigga, bleachmaxxer69, Mewton and 14 others

myopia is either a result of genetics (rare) or a lack of sunlight reaching the eyes during developmental years (due to rotting inside too much). sunlight releases dopamine in the eyeball which prevents elongation of the eyeball. gazing into the distance only plays a minor role, if any at all.

"exercises" to reverse myopia have zero clinical evidence to back up their efficacy whatsoever. in china they mandated such exercises in school and they did nothing.

tl;dr
- myopia is usually a result of not seeing enough sunlight during developmental years (sunlight releases dopamine in the eyeball which prevents elongation = myopia)
Indeed is a matter of light. As more light is in your room as better you see. I can say from personal experience that and myopia is not a scam. I took the lessons and when I tried to get a refund(just to test this guy out) he gave me it, even if he didn't really have to. You can fix your eyesight by changing your glasses diopters gradually. From -2 to 1.75, then to 1.50 and on and on. He explained that you just need to relax your ciliary muscle.

Indeed is a matter of light. As more light is in your room as better you see. I can say from personal experience that and myopia is not a scam. I took the lessons and when I tried to get a refund(just to test this guy out) he gave me it, even if he didn't really have to. You can fix your eyesight by changing your glasses diopters gradually. From -2 to 1.75, then to 1.50 and on and on. He explained that you just need to relax your ciliary muscle.
just because he gave you a refund doesn't mean it's not bullshit

just because he gave you a refund doesn't mean it's not bullshit
you mentioned it as a scam, not as something that doesn't work, which is very untrue. go online and search for results

Thyroid eye that causes an even slight bulging eye also can cause farsightedness

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218 and AscendingHero

tl;dr
Do you have to stare at the fucking sun (have sunlight hit the eye) or get the vitamin d?

I have -8 dpt
No amount of exercise will fix that probably lol

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Overbiter and Deleted member 15343
Not a single word but I need Stroma to come out already.

I have -8 dpt
No amount of exercise will fix that probably lol
I have -9 myopia on right eye and -7.5 on left eye. Probably top 1% of subhuman eyesight

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Overbiter, sly shinkai and 1 other person
If people were to recognise and fix the root cause of problems like these it would crush many of these scam fields, same with psychology.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: garoupilled_, Mewton, Deleted member 4946 and 7 others
Does this work for astigmatism?

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai
Do you have to stare at the fucking sun (have sunlight hit the eye) or get the vitamin d?
if there is more light in your "room", you will surely see better than in a darker "room"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
The best ways to fix poor eyesight is to just not get glasses.

In Year 4 both me and my parents had the same bitchboy teacher. He convinced my parents to get my sister glasses, and because my sister wore them for so long she got used to them.

He tried to do the same to me, But my parents didn't allow it and my eyesight is fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and sly shinkai
What about hyperopia?

Last time I got eyes checked 10 months ago my eyesight was fine but now can't see shit closer than 15cm.

Could this be caused by too much screen use? Can I fix it?

What about hyperopia?

Last time I got eyes checked 10 months ago my eyesight was fine but now can't see shit closer than 15cm.

Could this be caused by too much screen use? Can I fix it?
i think so, you may just try the tips.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Thyroid eye that causes an even slight bulging eye also can cause farsightedness
My friend has farsightedness and he’s got thyroid issues, I know this cuz his eyes stick out too much despite having a good bone structure

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
Exercises r mostly a scam.

Just get Lasik!?

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
Exercises r mostly a scam.

Just get Lasik!?

i heard once that the guy that approved Lasik in America now regrets it. i didn't specify any exercises like those that you have to do some dumb moving with your eyes for ex: look up then down, then do some circular motion.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9467
Good thread my doctor said there's also a thing called 'Convergence insufficiency is a condition in which your eyes are unable to work together when looking at nearby objects. This condition causes one eye to turn outward instead of inward with the other eye, creating double or blurred vision.

Convergence insufficiency is usually diagnosed in school-age children and adolescents. It can cause difficulty reading, for which parents or teachers might suspect that the child has learning difficulties rather than an eye disorder '

So you may want to test if you have it too, it can be fixed with eye exercises

• +1
this pseudoscience shit got a sticky? jfl @ mods

@Gargantuan
@Alexanderr
@Lorsss

that end myopia guy is a fucking faggot scammer and needs a bbc up his ass. eye exercises do not work but I am absolutely way too lazy to dig up the studies yet again ngl.

Last edited:
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Deleted member 9670 and sly shinkai
this pseudoscience shit got a sticky? jfl @ mods

@Gargantuan
@Alexanderr
@Lorsss

that end myopia guy is a fucking faggot scammer and needs a bbc up his ass. eye exercises do not work but I am absolutely way too lazy to dig up the studies yet again ngl.
thats why he has 4.9 on Trustpilot

bumo, how far have you fixed your eyesight bro?
on my left eye i have nothing now and on my right from -2.50 to -2. I will fix it faster when I finish prepping for my school exams, and not stay that much time with my eyes in close-up.

on my left eye i have nothing now and on my right from -2.50 to -2. I will fix it faster when I finish prepping for my school exams, and not stay that much time with my eyes in close-up.
close-up? elaborate? How far should my computer be from my face?

@ifyouwannabemylover :ogre:

close-up? elaborate? How far should my computer be from my face?
Close up work is doing any vision task at arm's length or less for an extended period of time. This includes reading, phone time, computers, needlework, and many others.

When doing close up work, wear your differentials (if you need them) and follow the 3 hour rule or the 20-20-20 rule.!!!!!

I have my computer at an arm-length distance from my eyes. The best thing for your eyes is to not stay that much with you eyes in close up work.

Close up work is doing any vision task at arm's length or less for an extended period of time. This includes reading, phone time, computers, needlework, and many others.

When doing close up work, wear your differentials (if you need them) and follow the 3 hour rule or the 20-20-20 rule.!!!!!

I have my computer at an arm-length distance from my eyes. The best thing for your eyes is to not stay that much with you eyes in close up work.
blackpill me on the 20-20-20 rule or 3 hour rule

@ifyouwannabemylover :ogre:
it won't work. myopia is caused by a lack of (sun)light entering the eyeball during childhood/puberty. sunlight causes dopamine to be released inside the eyeball which prevents elongation (ie myopia) during those developmental stages. close up work plays only a minor, if any role, at all.

your eyeballs are physically elongated and bullshit exercises won't shorten them. don't waste your time and get lasik/contacts.

• +1
it won't work. myopia is caused by a lack of (sun)light entering the eyeball during childhood/puberty. sunlight causes dopamine to be released inside the eyeball which prevents elongation (ie myopia) during those developmental stages. close up work plays only a minor, if any role, at all.

your eyeballs are physically elongated and bullshit exercises won't shorten them. don't waste your time and get lasik/contacts.

how about OP's claims? he fixed his left eye and improved his right

they can give you temporary improvement but that's gone by like the next day at the latest. just like you can temporarily worse after looking at a screen for 5 hours non-stop from strain.

they can give you temporary improvement but that's gone by like the next day at the latest. just like you can temporarily worse after looking at a screen for 5 hours non-stop from strain.
@sly shinkai thoughts?

I did it too.
Went from -1.75 in my left to -1.5 and went from -1.5 to -1.25 in my right.
The doctor refused to believe but now Jake Steiner is a king to me.
All those who call him fake have never tried it,even if they did,they didn't try it properly.

Then i stopped wearing glasses and now my eyrsight is a little worse,but i don't care since it takes 15 minutes a day for 3 months to fix them.

After i pass my exams,i would fix my eyes.

I remeber my mom used to say "don't do it" but i did and it worked.
I should have completly eliminated it when I reached -1.25 in my R,but still i have no worries as i can fix them anytime.
It took me barely a month to go from -1.75,-1.5 to -1.5,-1.25

• +1
I did it too.

All those who call him fake have never tried it,even if they did,they didn't try it properly.

Then i stopped wearing glasses and now my eyrsight is a little worse,but i don't care since it takes 15 minutes a day for 3 months to fix them.

I should have completly eliminated it when I reached -1.25 in my R,but still i have no worries as i can fix them anytime.
That's why I dislike "skeptícs",they ruin everything.
I didn't do stretching because according to skeptícs it gives barely an inch,but after i tried i am 3.5-4 inches taller,they still won't believe me and now i don't care about that.

@sly shinkai
@Henry_Gandy

• +1
I did it too.

@ifyouwannabemylover
@Henry_Gandy
@sly shinkai

I did active focus too and it works

• +1
I did it too.

still don't understand how you guys did this, I have astigmatism but apparently, the ophthalmologist said my short-sightedness has gotten worse (studycelling in the dark for a while)
@sly shinkai you two could possibly make a detailed thread about this, can really help us (me)

still don't understand how you guys did this, I have astigmatism but apparently, the ophthalmologist said my short-sightedness has gotten worse (studycelling in the dark for a while)
@sly shinkai you two could possibly make a detailed thread about this, can really help us (me)
Ok,i would make a short thred about it.
But,in short,i usually look at text in the book/mobile and adjust my head to where the text looks perfect.
Then i shift my head a bit backwards so the text starts to blur by a small degree,i then again shift my head to position of perfect text where it's fully crisp to regain the stimulus,and then i adjust my head again,now most of this depends on u,so u just need to understand the basic method and then u can apply it to yourself,just listen to Jake Steiner's instructions on youtube and his site,it's perfect.

Also,i wore glasses very irregularly at that time,so my progress was a bit slow.
U need to be conistent in wearing glass as Jake said because it provides blur stimulus.
I will make a thread about this,but i have told all i had to say right here only.
Also,don't do this for more than 15 minutes per day,ur head will pain a lot.
Start at 5 minutes per day and then slowly increase to 15 minutes per day and don't exceed that.
I would end with 2 important lines.

"Just adjust ur head to a limit where the text isn't fully crisp nor its very blurred,on a scale of 0-10(fully blurred(0)-fully crisp(10)) the text should be at 5-8,if u go below 5,ur head will pain and it won't be useful because the stimulus would be too different from the perfect stimulus.
And i am doing it as i am typing this.

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai and Deleted member 15305

is it UVA or UVB rays which prevent the eye from elongating?