Fixing a deep bite

Julian

Julian

Kraken
Orthodontist mentioned I have a deep bite, I think this is why my orbital rims and midface are shit? Anyone knows what to do with a deep bite to fix it? Ascension is so close. I want it to be fixed tbh.

Isn't it bimax? Unless you wanna get cucked by braces.

Would fix the bite but would bring the top jaw back
Besides bimax how could one fix a deep bite and an overjet in the most aesthetically pleasing way, i also have the same shitty maloclussion as OP

braces move the whole maxila? I thought they would just affect the alveolar process
They don't really move the whole maxilla, especially after puberty, but it wouldn't improve it either

Orthodontist mentioned I have a deep bite, I think this is why my orbital rims and midface are shit? Anyone knows what to do with a deep bite to fix it? Ascension is so close. I want it to be fixed tbh.
how does a deep bite affect the orbital rims and midface? Like in what way does a class 2 affect it. Pls enlighten me @Julian

why wouldn't it, in theory it would fix his occlusion
Because it would not bring the maxilla forward, unless you can get custom braces that push the bottom jaw rather than pull the top one back

Because it would not bring the maxilla forward, unless you can get custom braces that push the bottom jaw rather than pull the top one back
wait im confused isn't a deep an overbite. How does one fix it? What abt MSE+FM+IMDO?

wait im confused isn't a deep an overbite. How does one fix it? What abt MSE+FM+IMDO?
Yes. Normally braces will pull the top jaw back to line up with the bottom. You could realistically use any type of surgery that would bring the bottom jaw forward.

Yes. Normally braces will pull the top jaw back to line up with the bottom. You could realistically use any type of surgery that would bring the bottom jaw forward.
ohhhh makes sense, so pushing the lower jaw forward would be a more aesthetically pleasing results, right? Also don't you have to widen the maxila to allow for the mandible to slide forward?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
ohhhh makes sense, so pushing the lower jaw forward would be a more aesthetically pleasing results, right? Also don't you have to widen the maxila to allow for the mandible to slide forward?
I would say so. Depends on the person tbh with regards to the maxilla widening.

Bsso is way to go imo if its more than 5mm

Looksmax at it again with their orthodontic guesswork. Deep bite typically isn't addressed with surgery unless there's underlying skeletal cause...which there usually isn't. You would either extrude your posterior teeth to open your bite, or intrude your anterior teeth (or a combination of both).

Everyone here talking about pushing the jaws forward or backward is clueless. Deep bite is a vertical issue, not a horizontal one.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: MouthbreatherChad, AscendingHero and goat2x
I had braces when 13-15 yo to straighten my teeth but the retards didnt know what the fuck they were doing and my bite is deep now. My midface isnt long but its kinda flat thats why

Looksmax at it again with their orthodontic guesswork. Deep bite typically isn't addressed with surgery unless there's underlying skeletal cause...which there usually isn't. You would either extrude your posterior teeth to open your bite, or intrude your anterior teeth (or a combination of both).

Everyone here talking about pushing the jaws forward or backward is clueless. Deep bite is a vertical issue, not a horizontal one.
tf are you talking about deep bite is a horizontally issue. In a deep bite the upper incisors aren't proclined outwards

tf are you talking about deep bite is a horizontally issue. In a deep bite the upper incisors aren't proclined outwards
The upper incisors fall down if that makes any sense