FIXING ACNE WITHOUT ISOTRETINOIN (Accutane)

deepweb1298

deepweb1298

Gold
Quick overview of what actually causes acne:

Most topical acne treatments target 1,3 and 4 i.e. adapalene, tretinoin, azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide but very few ingredients actually target the Increased sebaceous gland activity. This doesn't really need repeated, these are still good acne fighting ingredients and should be used in most skincare regimes.

A lot of people go on isotretinoin or accutane because it is one of the few ingredients that actually reduces sebaceous gland activity. But with new advances in drugs and other technologies you can have other options other than isotretinoin to target this particular problem of an overactive sebaceous gland.

1. Clascoterone (Winlevi)

It is basically a topical anti-androgen that targets the sebaceous gland itself. It is a unique ingredient that other topicals don't have. The result is a reduction in sebaceous gland activity and therefore less acne!

UNFORTUNATELY Winlevi is ONLY available in the USA and is EXTREMELY expensive if you do not have health insurance. This drug won't be available in Europe for another 15 years probably.

2. Octadecenedioic Acid ( Dioic Acid)
I have only recently came across this ingredient but it is largely unknown by a lot of people. The chemical structure of Dioic Acid is similar to Azelaic acid but with the exception of being a pan-PPAR agonist mainly the PPAR-Gamma and PPAR-alpha. The TL;DR is that PPAR-gamma and PPAR-Alpha regulate sebum production. Therefore, this is really good for cystic acne. I have attached an excerpt from the book "Acne and its Therapy by Guy F. Webster".

In regards to which products I recommend that contain Dioic acid:

I actually found out about this ingredient when looking at the Skinceuticals ingredients list. I thought it was strange they marketed Dioic acid as a really good acne ingredient. On SK's website for Dioic Acid (https://www.skinceuticals.com/dioic-acid.html) it states:
"
dioic acid helps
reduce excess sebum while diminishing P.acnes bacteria
"

3. Aviclear by Cutera

Aviclear was recently FDA approved as a laser to specifically treat acne. It is a 1726nm that has been found to specifically target the sebaceous gland. This again is only approved for USA use so Europeans don't have this technology at the moment. Probably in the next 5 - 10 years.

FOR any females lurking:
4. Spironolactone

This is an oral anti-androgen that ONLY females can take. Males cannot take this drug but it basically targets the sebaceous gland again, thought i would add this because why not.

Acne was seriously one of my biggest looksmin. Hurt my confidence so much and really glad i managed to fix it and not have to go through any brutal isotretinoin bullshit.

Attachments

• DCA.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
Accutane is only legit solution, take 20mg twice a week and follow the vertical diet
winlevi is expensive as fuck may not even work and is unavailable in most countries

• +1
Reactions: mfk, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, ItsOverCel and 1 other person
Accutane is only legit solution, take 20mg twice a week and follow the vertical diet
winlevi is expensive as fuck may not even work and is unavailable in most countries
thats why im giving a choice other than accutane, yes accutane is the gold standard of nuking everything but some people dont want to go through it

What's a vertical diet xD