FOMOPill: How do you overcome the fear of missing out?

Littleboy

Littleboy

Gold
& concentrate on self improvement & other valuable pursuits?

How do be at one with yourself and your surroundings & stop being jealous, envious, insecure etc?

Takers.

Fear of missing out what?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: quakociaptockh and sergeant blackpill
keep reminding yourself that everything is in the past and you cant change it but the future is(to some degree) in your hands

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699, Lars, RealSurgerymax and 2 others
Fear of missing out what?

"Fun activities" etc. Basically what these social media "influencers" etc get up to.

keep reminding yourself that everything is in the past and you cant change it but the future is(to some degree) in your hands

I like this.

• +1
Reactions: Lars, Mongrelcel and RealSurgerymax
"Fun activities" etc. Basically what these social media "influencers" etc get up to.
Lots of the "fun stuff" on social media is faked, no one is stopping you from faking it too.

• +1
Reactions: Lars, Krezo and Mastermind
You can't, that's it.
The rage is supposed to make you stronger, not sissify you even more.

Lots of the "fun stuff" on social media is faked, no one is stopping you from faking it too.
LOL keep coping

Here in eastern europe people dont even post the most fun stuff they do on insta, sometimes they have a "private" insta
Your coping if you think normies dont party all the time, or go on trips or socialize non stop

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
LOL keep coping

Here in eastern europe people dont even post the most fun stuff they do on insta, sometimes they have a "private" insta
Your coping if you think normies dont party all the time, or go on trips or socialize non stop
ngl its the complete opposite here in west europe

ngl its the complete opposite here in west europe
But other tha fucking foids, I have to say that I dont really envy EE teenagers. All social activity is jist getting drunk. Thats it. Like they go out to the club, and get drunk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
But other tha fucking foids, I have to say that I dont really envy EE teenagers. All social activity is jist getting drunk. Thats it. Like they go out to the club, and get drunk
Kinda similar to here but i just posted pics and vidsd of concerts i went too tbh

Lol, if you aren't partying and traveling, then it's already over, I'm talking about higher levels of faking like photos in a private jet, at special red carpet events, with celebrities, in really exotic locations, etc.
I've noticed now even professional or career-based fakes, like some guys post photos with them dressed in suits, in fancy offices, or at all sorts of conferences or high-level events, with politicians, rich businessmen, etc., to make them look like they are too somehow a really powerful and influential person, when in reality they are poor and unemployed.

Yes. Do you think social media itself is the main issue, or to the extent which you consume it? I am a not psychologist, but I think if you are obsessively viewing the instagrams of influencers/rich ppl/whatever living a party lifestyle or some absurd thing, you are definitely going to have FOMO and feel bad about your life.

You should try to set a realistic goal with your self-improvement: tell yourself, "I am going to try to read a page an hour of this book" -- not "I am going to read an hour of this book, take a 5 minute brake, read another hour, repeat until the day is over!" Your focus should be on self-improvement, and when this is the case, I think you can browse social media with much less FOMO.

Ideally, you would be able to quit social media altogether or browse it very seldomly. Contrary to the what the user above has posted, it is not "over" if you aren't partying and traveling. People on remote islands are living fine and probably do not care about what people on Instagram are doing.

• +1
Reactions: Littleboy