forum consensus on midface implants?

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Mod
Staff
Can fix the lefort 3 area of recession without being as invasive as a lefort 3 are much cheaper. I like the fact that they are enhanced after surgery if you aren't satisfied by the results

• +1
Reactions: Racky, subhuman incel, AsGoodAsItGets and 2 others
A few users here had them too I think. @SurgerySoon @randomvanish @Deusmaximus

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
@reptiles

• +1
A few users here had them too I think. @SurgerySoon @randomvanish @Deusmaximus
Paranasal implants or cheek? I'm thinking of paranasal implants since I have a bad lower maxilla but good bite and don't want to waste 2 years getting braces + bimax.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Jason Voorhees
Paranasal implants or cheek? I'm thinking of paranasal implants since I have a bad lower maxilla but good bite and don't want to waste 2 years getting braces + bimax.
I'm talking about implants that cover the entire maxilla. Like these

Images 7

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: WagedandReady, subhuman incel, AsGoodAsItGets and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Jason Voorhees
Only real alternative for lefort 3. What's the advantage of this over cheek/paranasal implants? Would be pretty brutal if there were complications.
Advantages would be the entire maxilla would be fixed.Virtually all the recession in the midface can be fixed easily. Disadvantage is that if you get this it's purely for aesthetics midface implants cannot advance the dental arches that means your philtrum and your chin fold will remain recessed and u will still have issues with breathing,sleep apnea etc. As for complications there aren't many unlike jaw implant it doesn't need to be designed as well.Its just a piece of silicon that sits on the midface to provide structural support. Lefort 1+ This= lefort 3

• +1
Reactions: Racky, subhuman incel and AsGoodAsItGets
Advantages would be the entire maxilla would be fixed.Virtually all the recession in the midface can be fixed easily. Disadvantage is that if you get this it's purely for aesthetics midface implants cannot advance the dental arches that means your philtrum and your chin fold will remain recessed and u will still have issues with breathing,sleep apnea etc. As for complications there aren't many unlike jaw implant it doesn't need to be designed as well.Its just a piece of silicon that sits on the midface to provide structural support. Lefort 1+ This= lefort 3
Does maxilla actually cause sleep apnea? Thought it was just mandible.

• +1
Can fix the lefort 3 area of recession without being as invasive as a lefort 3 are much cheaper. I like the fact that they are enhanced after surgery if you aren't satisfied by the results
Midface implant? I thought short maxilla is better? Muh fwhr, right?

but it doesnt take 2 years ? 3-4 months prior 2-3 months post

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: subhuman incel and sandcelmuttcel
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend, subhuman incel and sandcelmuttcel
is there a reason they use silicone and not PEEK?

Does it move nose forward?

• +1