Forward growth and narrow palate

K

kotchfed

Iron
Is it possible for people to be forward grown and have a narrow palate, if so how does it work? I see many people who have narrow palates, but their facial structure is forward, you can see their teeth fully when smiling.

On the other hand, some people are narrow and also not forward grown. Very confusing.

What makes someone forward grown but still be narrow?

they're unrelated, forward growth mostly comes from your mandible length and the protuberance of your chin, how wide your palate is going to be is determined by the width of it, if anything people with wider jaws tend to be less forward growth because bone spend on width is bone that wasn't spend on length.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31887 and datboijj
they're unrelated, forward growth mostly comes from your mandible length and the protuberance of your chin, how wide your palate is going to be is determined by the width of it, if anything people with wider jaws tend to be less forward growth because bone spend on width is bone that wasn't spend on length.
im pretty sure forward growth is not very much related to mandible length, you can have an incredibly long mandible but still be downgrown

im pretty sure forward growth is not very much related to mandible length, you can have an incredibly long mandible but still be downgrown
the ramus is part of your mandible, downgrowth is usually the body compensating for a lack of ramus depth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31887

How do you measure forward growth? Ia one of the signs teeth showing when talking or smiling. Some people when they talk or smile, their teeth show prominently without much effort whilst for others it’s hidden or difficult to see. Is this a sign of forward growth?

How do you measure forward growth? Ia one of the signs teeth showing when talking or smiling. Some people when they talk or smile, their teeth show prominently without much effort whilst for others it’s hidden or difficult to see. Is this a sign of forward growth?
some say nasion, others say forehead, generally speaking if you need to measure it you don't have any because it should be obvious.

teeth show mostly has to do with the structural support of your philtrum, many europeans have shitty philtrum columns and flat upper lips as a result.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31887
some say nasion, others say forehead, generally speaking if you need to measure it you don't have any because it should be obvious.

teeth show mostly has to do with the structural support of your philtrum, many europeans have shitty philtrum columns and flat upper lips as a result.

I’ve seen people mention that it could be short face syndrome. Is this a possibility? When I smile it’s very hard to see my teeth and I’m worried that I could fall under sfs.

I’ve seen people mention that it could be short face syndrome. Is this a possibility? When I smile it’s very hard to see my teeth and I’m worried that I could fall under sfs.
short face syndrome happens when the ramus is short and the mandibular body isn't long enough to compensate for it by growing down, it has nothing to do with the skin on top of it.

Is it possible to have a recessed mandible ans still look decent from the front? Like a okay/wide bigonial width.

the ramus is part of your mandible, downgrowth is usually the body compensating for a lack of ramus depth.
My side that has longer ramus is more downward grown

Is it possible to have a recessed mandible ans still look decent from the front? Like a okay/wide bigonial width.
yes, forward growth literally doesn't matter for looking good from the front.
My side that has longer ramus is more downward grown
obviously, if one side grows down the other will too.

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates

Can i pm you my side?

It does ur extremely wrong

"Forward growth" is a meme term