Frame (19)

Strafe

Strafe

Gold
Forgive the shitty pic and lighting, I have a retarded phone and nobody to take pics for me. I’m just trying to get a idea of whether or not it’s over. I’ve always felt like I have narrow shoulders, but I’ve been too high inhib to lift weights in a gym.

6’0 / 175lbs / 19 years
0A708714 AD12 4819 99F0 D1860FB3A381

Any tips on what lifts I should be doing (especially any ones that will make my rib cage area thicker) are appreciated.

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5145, malignant, Marsiere214 and 6 others
Forgive the shitty pic and lighting, I have a retarded phone and nobody to take pics for me. I’m just trying to get a idea of whether or not it’s over. I’ve always felt like I have narrow shoulders, but I’ve been too high inhib to lift weights in a gym.

6’0 / 175lbs / 19 years
View attachment 590459

Any tips on what lifts I should be doing (especially any ones that will make my rib cage area thicker) are appreciated.
Frame mogs my starting one so should be fine

do:
Barbell:
Bench 5x5
Inclinde bench 6x4
Military press 8x4
And dumbell:
Lateral raises 12x4
Skull crushers 10x4
On push day and
Pull ups 5x4 (if you can’t then do pull downs and if too light add weight with weight belt)
Rows 8x4
Neutral grip pull ups 8x4
Hammer curls 12x4 on each arm
Cable curls 15x4
On pull but Keep in mind to warm up with lighter weigjt

• +1
Reactions: xefo, Deleted member 7079, Copeful and 1 other person

do:
Barbell:
Bench 5x5
Inclinde bench 6x4
Military press 8x4
And dumbell:
Lateral raises 12x4
Skull crushers 10x4
On push day and
Pull ups 5x4 (if you can’t then do pull downs and if too light add weight with weight belt)
Rows 8x4
Cable curls 15x4
You’re a good man Arvid, thank you

• +1
Reactions: xefo

do:
Barbell:
Bench 5x5
Inclinde bench 6x4
Military press 8x4
And dumbell:
Lateral raises 12x4
Skull crushers 10x4
On push day and
Rows 8x4
Cable curls 15x4
lol you think he can do a strength based programme as a beginner? u rtrd?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted

do:
Barbell:
Bench 5x5
Inclinde bench 6x4
Military press 8x4
And dumbell:
Lateral raises 12x4
Skull crushers 10x4
On push day and
Rows 8x4
Cable curls 15x4

I think u switched up sets x reps a bit lol

What should I do then bro?
just google a PPL ( Push Pull Legs) based hypertrophy (muscle growth) split, that does 8-12 reps for each set.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted and Strafe
What’s the difference between a strength workout and a standard PPL? I’m trying to educate myself rn
Hes telling you to be a pussy and to light weight high reps, dont. Just make sure ur form is good and lift heavy (not at sacrifice of form of course) i do light days 8-15 reps and i do heavy days 4-8 but before that i was doing 5-10 reps 5 sets which mogged

• +1
Reactions: dridrimo
Frame is average, good base to start building muscle.

I would start with a (5x5) strenght progam like the other dude above me said. Strenght progams are the best for beginners because your strenght will increase rapidly and give you a good base/foundation. After you hit the strenght standarts you can start other progams like (Push/Pull/Legs, Upper/Lower, Upper/Lower/P/P/L etc.)
There are alot of proven progams out there like (ICF 5x5, Strong lifts 5x5) just pick one and stick with it.

After you got your progam you just need to follow a few simple things without overcomplicating it.

1. You need to eat enough calories (food) to gain weight, if you don't eat enough you won't grow. Also eat a highly nutritious healthy diet with whole foods. You can have cheats here and there. 80/20.
2. High protein diet, protein is the building block of muscle. 0,7 - 1g protein per pound.
3. Sleep atleast 7-9 hours a day, one of the most important things.
4. Lastly try to do more then last time. Everytime you are in the gym try to get stronger on your lifts, do more reps or take less rest. progressive overload is the driver of growth.

Thats all you need to know.

• +1
Reactions: Strafe and underwaterpipedreams

6’0 / 175lbs / 19 years
View attachment 590459

Average frame tbh.. big delts would ascend you

• +1
Reactions: Strafe
Frame is average, good base to start building muscle.

I would start with a (5x5) strenght progam like the other dude above me said. Strenght progams are the best for beginners because your strenght will increase rapidly and give you a good base/foundation. After you hit the strenght standarts you can start other progams like (Push/Pull/Legs, Upper/Lower, Upper/Lower/P/P/L etc.)
There are alot of proven progams out there like (ICF 5x5, Strong lifts 5x5) just pick one and stick with it.

After you got your progam you just need to follow a few simple things without overcomplicating it.

1. You need to eat enough calories (food) to gain weight, if you don't eat enough you won't grow. Also eat a highly nutritious healthy diet with whole foods. You can have cheats here and there. 80/20.
2. High protein diet, protein is the building block of muscle. 0,7 - 1g protein per pound.
3. Sleep atleast 7-9 hours a day, one of the most important things.
4. Lastly try to do more then last time. Everytime you are in the gym try to get stronger on your lifts, do more reps or take less rest. progressive overload is the driver of growth.

Thats all you need to know.
What would you say his bodyfat percentage is?

Gymmax bro

• +1
Reactions: Strafe
Gymmax bro
I’m going to brah. I’m finally meeting all my macros and getting 3k calories a day so I can start a consistent workout regimen and get yuge

What would you say his bodyfat percentage is?
I’d estimate that I’m around 15% tbh, probably a bit north of that. I was super skinny and bulked up from 140 to 175 over the past year or so.