Frame Maxxing Guide

Deleted member 3323

Deleted member 3323

Gone from the site
There was once a legendary bodybuilder who was called "Steve Reeves." There was something about his physique that was so mystifying compared to other bodybuilders in that era (1930s). What was it that was so polarizing about Steeve's physique? Obviously, it was his frame!

One would look at these photos of Steve and assume "Genetics" but Steve made it clear that he wasn't always this wide He did a specific exercise that stretched out the connective tissues surrounding the scapulae and by also expanding the ribcage. The reason behind expanding the ribcage, the scapula which is attached to the ribcage means that if you actually expand the ribcage the scapula would also widen, makes sense? But the broadening can also be enhanced by stretching the connective tissue.

This group of bones is obviously connected to the ribcage.

Here is before and after, Steve Reeves expanding his frame over the years

It appears his frame got wider, but no proper measurements were taken, but clearly you can see his frame got much bigger.

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

When you look up the Reeves deadlift people would say its an exercise that would work your traps it will work your forearms but that wasn't the purpose for it. To quote a fitness YouTuber "If Reeves were alive today and saw people doing it like a deadlift he would grab a 45 lbs dumbell and slap them across the face with it." This movement was a shrug not a deadlift and not for hypertrophy of your traps but a shrug! And it was a small shrug, a slight movement of the rear deltoid. Reeves claimed that this movement not only put more mass on his side deltoid but widened the skeletal frame. This makes perfect sense and has science backing it up. The more pressure you put on the clavicles/bones in your shoulder the more it will remodel and adapt just like any other part of your body.

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

-Wide grip the barbell by grabbing the plates instead of the actual barbell as seen in the above photo.

-Raise it up like a deadlift

-Retract and protract your scapula in a shrug like motion. Raise the scapula up and down. You will stretch out the ligaments and tendons to broaden the shoulders and will workout your side deltoid. Don't do a heavy shrug as to work your traps or your back, perform this slowly and make it a small motion. Remember, most of the motion is in the scapula.

Unfortunately, there are no videos out there on how to actually do this type of exercise, the ones I found are simply doing it the wrong way or doing something entirely different. You just have to feel it, don't do it with too much weight and injure yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm not sure how long it takes to see results, I imagine it will take a year to see the results you want to. The key is consistency. In the next method "Rib-cage expansion" it takes slightly less time to widen the frame.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

I'll get straight to the point, here is how to expand the ribcage

EXERCISE: DEEP BREATHING SQUATS SUPERSET: Dumbell pullovers

If you don't know what Supersetting is, its when you perform an exercise right after you did the previous one.

Taking deep breaths the body will be forced to use the ribcage and diaphragm intensely, the lungs would really expand thus your ribcage will expand.

-Between Reps, deliberate deep breaths preformed

-3 deep breaths, up to 10-15 advanced lifters

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

-Raise upper ribs, expand chest deliberately.

Average amount of reps = 20.

100lbs for beginners.

Superset with dumbell pullovers.

Video on how to do a basic dumbell pullover to give you an idea but we are going to do it Arnold's way.

=Place your back on a bench like in the photo above

- Take a big deep breath and hold it,

- Do a dumbell pullover and sink your hips like Arnold is doing in the above photo to further expand the ribcage.

These are the ways to increase your frame. It's not easy, it takes dedication and consistency. There is no TL;Dr If you need one then I doubt you have the dedication to actually do this.

Thanks to YouTuber: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP37ob25oGKxrKEQFiZGArA

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: justropemaxbro, Deleted member 28792, sunandgym and 61 others
Good thread. Legit Greycels carry this site fuck ya niggas who say otherwise

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: justropemaxbro, sunandgym, weebcel and 30 others
bump,good thread op

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Perseus and Deleted member 3323
good, high effort thread, idk how legit but worth a shot it's plausible
ill give it a shot when gyms reopen in bongland

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11581, Deleted member 906, CarlosTovar and 1 other person
Good thread tbh

In my attic there's beams which are almost my wingspan in width- by pulling inwards on them / hanging with my arms lightly above horizontal could I achieve the same effect as the Reeves Deadlift?

Bit of an odd example but that scene from The Incredibles is the first demonstration I can think of:
Screenshot 20200629 001147  01

Sorry if this sounds autistic idk how to explain it but I guess I'm asking if other horizontal pulling forces like similar to the deadlift would expand my frame over time?

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Deleted member 21531, Rt-Rust1 and 1 other person
Good thread tbh

In my attic there's beams which are almost my wingspan in width- by pulling inwards on them / hanging with my arms lightly above horizontal could I achieve the same effect as the Reeves Deadlift?

Bit of an odd example but that scene from The Incredibles is the first demonstration I can think of:
View attachment 479981

Sorry if this sounds autistic idk how to explain it but I guess I'm asking if other horizontal pulling forces like similar to the deadlift would expand my frame over time?

You can try, it would be a good stretching exercise but it wouldn't really put pressure on the connective tissues if there's no weight, if you feel something in your scapula/side deltoid then go for it.

• +1
Reactions: Romnel
There was once a legendary bodybuilder who was called "Steve Reeves." There was something about his physique that was so mystifying compared to other bodybuilders in that era (1930s). What was it that was so polarizing about Steeve's physique? Obviously, it was his frame!

View attachment 479832 View attachment 479888

One would look at these photos of Steve and assume "Genetics" but Steve made it clear that he wasn't always this wide He did a specific exercise that stretched out the connective tissues surrounding the scapulae and by also expanding the ribcage. The reason behind expanding the ribcage, the scapula which is attached to the ribcage means that if you actually expand the ribcage the scapula would also widen, makes sense? But the broadening can also be enhanced by stretching the connective tissue.

View attachment 479836

View attachment 479841View attachment 479844

It appears his frame got wider, but no proper measurements were taken, but clearly you can see his frame got much bigger.

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

When you look up the Reeves deadlift people would say its an exercise that would work your traps it will work your forearms but that wasn't the purpose for it. To quote a fitness YouTuber "If Reeves were alive today and saw people doing it like a deadlift he would grab a 45 lbs dumbell and slap them across the face with it." This movement was a shrug not a deadlift and not for hypertrophy of your traps but a shrug! And it was a small shrug, a slight movement of the rear deltoid. Reeves claimed that this movement not only put more mass on his side deltoid but widened the skeletal frame. This makes perfect sense and has science backing it up. The more pressure you put on the clavicles/bones in your shoulder the more it will remodel and adapt just like any other part of your body.

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

-Wide grip the barbell by grabbing the plates instead of the actual barbell as seen in the above photo.

-Retract and protract your scapula in a shrug like motion. Raise the scapula up and down. You will stretch out the ligaments and tendons to broaden the shoulders and will workout your side deltoid. Don't do a heavy shrug as to work your traps or your back, perform this slowly and make it a small motion. Remember, most of the motion is in the scapula.

Unfortunately, there are no videos out there on how to actually do this type of exercise, the ones I found are simply doing it the wrong way or doing something entirely different. You just have to feel it, don't do it with too much weight and injure yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm not sure how long it takes to see results, I imagine it will take a year to see the results you want to. The key is consistency. In the next method "Rib-cage expansion" it takes slightly less time to widen the frame.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

If you don't know what Supersetting is, its when you perform an exercise right after you did the previous one.

View attachment 479947

Taking deep breaths the body will be forced to use the ribcage and diaphragm intensely, the lungs would really expand thus your ribcage will expand.

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

Video on how to do a basic dumbell pullover to give you an idea but we are going to do it Arnold's way.

- Do a dumbell pullover and sink your hips like Arnold is doing in the above photo to further expand the ribcage.

These are the ways to increase your frame. It's not easy, it takes dedication and consistency. There is no TL;Dr If you need one then I doubt you have the dedication to actually do this.

I did this for a moment and I didnt notice the change, but the people who didnt see me for that year went apeshit because apparantly I had god tier shoulders now

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: sunandgym, anda1usi, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

great post OP, if you look at golden era bodybuilders they didn't always have great frames many were actually somewhat framecels then later they looked ridiculous, that change couldn't have just been muscle alone

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3323
OP, do you have any more exercises? This + HGH could be a game changer

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Kingpin frame or death

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Yerico7, AscendingHero and 5 others
op can the same effect be done with something like super wide front lever ?
Download

Still I want to reroll genetics
But Nice op Nice post

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro
@her @Lorsss @Kingkellz
Best of the Best section is waiting

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

Based

dumbell pullovers will never expand your ribcage.
I did this cope from 17 to 21 years old and nothing happened

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: anda1usi, Deleted member 21531, Rt-Rust1 and 9 others
What about this? I've literally got two stallions. Hook em up on each side and go for it?
Tz9Z8M

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Lorsss
@Kingkellz @knajjd @Alexanderr @her @Master @Lorsss @Sergeant BEST OF THE BEST ASAP:love::love::love:

• JFL
Reactions: infini
he always seemed rather wide , anyone got proven results?

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

HIGH IQ

A lot of mofos fix face but forget sex appeal

Bookmarked

Unnamed2

• Love it
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: sunandgym, Neko arc 14's, Deleted member 4946 and 2 others
Beware that if your rotator cuff muscles are not trained dumbbell overheads will kill them for sure. Also this exercise is kinda bs, doesn't activate the chest at all unless you lower the weight way under your head...

WTF? What did he do? Insane clavicle transformation
He did the Reeves Deadlift and dumbell pullovers. Gear was available back then, albeit only test. But i doubt it was just steroids that did that. Steroids are incredibly effective, but they don't alter your body structure or genetics like that, they only amplify what is already there. Look at chestbrah, he was on test, tren, and deca for years and doesn't look that impressive

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

Most important thing is side laterals and it wasn't even mentioned.

My upper body frame sucks but yet even though I was narrow boned my bidelt is over 20 inches

Has anyone successfully tried this / frame maxxing in general?

I'm trying it and it's doing fine.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 2729
Has anyone successfully tried this / frame maxxing in general?
yes. Dont do dumbbell pullovers as a beginner. They put a lot of strain on your rotator cuffs. Ive got supraspinatus injury from this. And even if you wont, a lot of people talk about how this exercise dosent really work your chest unless you bring the dumbbell way under your head, which can dislocate your shoulders.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
yes. Dont do dumbbell pullovers as a beginner. They put a lot of strain on your rotator cuffs. Ive got supraspinatus injury from this. And even if you wont, a lot of people talk about how this exercise dosent really work your chest unless you bring the dumbbell way under your head, which can dislocate your shoulders.
Did the rest work out? Any results?

Did the rest work out? Any results?
Havent tried the rest because im only a beginner and I also dont have a barbell. I was planning to build some core strenght before moving to deadlifts.
Also I havent got any results bone wise from dumbbell pullovers, imo this exercise is better for lats than chest. I barely felt anything on my chest, and I watched a lot videos, but the thing is that I was only using a 20kg dumbbell. It still broke my rotator cuff lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Wtf I was just researching about the same thing yesterday

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

This legit? Have you gotten any gains with this method.

bump, gonna try this

View attachment 479836

HOW TO GET A WIDER FRAME

The Reeves "Deadlift"

View attachment 479904

HOW TO DO THIS MOVEMENT.

EXPANDING THE RIBCAGE

View attachment 479947

-MOUTH OPEN BREATHING

100lbs for beginners.

View attachment 479954

thx op

How did it go?
fuck it im gonna try this, Ill report back to this thread in 2 months with measurement's, current bideltoid is 19" and clavicles are 16"

• +1
Reactions: Van
How did it go?
just checked bidelt is now 19.9inches i did them 1x a week on back day, im guessing only 0.3 inches where gained from the deadlifts and 0.6 from puberty and muscle gain

• +1
Reactions: sunandgym
Not bad seeing there will be gains inadvertently at worst. Now for an excercise that puts pressure into stretching the spine?...

I do very wide dips (like on bars that are 4-5 ft apart) and I can feel it in my clavicles