Friendly reminder that you are uglier than you think

androidcel

androidcel

Banned
Old news but worth to post anyways.

WHen Men Aren't As Good-Looking As They Think

Researcher finds, again, that men tend to overestimate their own attractivness

Here’s yet another reason why women have better self-insight than men: They are less likely to overestimate their own level of attractiveness.

At least this was the finding of a new study published in a recent issue of Cogent Psychology.
To come to this conclusion, researchers led by Stacy Yen-Lim Sim of Bowling Green State University surveyed 161 university undergraduates. They asked each participant to rate their own level of attractiveness as well as the attractiveness of others in the study. Specifically, here’s how the questions were worded:

• To evaluate self-perceived attractiveness, participants rated, on an eight-point scale, how sexually attractive a given individual would find them.

• To evaluate the attractiveness of others, participants rated the “natural beauty” of others in the study.

They found that men’s ratings of self-perceived attractiveness were higher than women’s ratings; however, looking at others ratings, women were rated overall as more attractive than men.
According to the researchers, this is consistent with previous research showing that men tend to overestimate their own level of attractiveness while women don’t.
But here’s where it gets interesting.
The researchers also examined whether participants’ ratings of others level of attractiveness depended on their ownlevel of self-perceived attractiveness. They found that it did, but only for men. Men who rated themselves as more attractive were more likely to rate others (both women and men) as more attractive. Women, on the other hand, showed no such difference.

Why? While past research suggests that men exaggerate their own level of attractiveness to make themselves seem more competitive in the dating pool (even if only to themselves), this study suggests other factors might be at play. Perhaps attractive males are simply more comfortable rating others highly because they feel secure and unthreatened—but the same does not apply to attractive women. Or, maybe it’s that men who perceive themselves to be attractive (but aren’t) are more lenient grading others attractiveness in the same way they are lenient with themselves.

Regardless of the reason, an interesting fact stands: Women have better insight when it comes to judging attractiveness. They don’t overestimate their own level of attractiveness (like men do), nor do they let their own level of attractiveness bias their ratings of the attractiveness of others.

• +1
Reactions: Lumbersexual
t. foid

• +1
Reactions: itsoverbuddyboyo, Insomniac and androidcel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1106
Fuck

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie and itsoverbuddyboyo
According to the researchers, this is consistent with previous research showing that men tend to overestimate their own level of attractiveness while women don’t.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter, Ritalincel, impure666 and 4 others
"Less likely to overestimate their own level of attractiveness." And yet somehow it's only the women who are like "Love me for my curves." There is no "Love me for my shortness." Who's full of themselves again?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LowTierNormie, Ethnicsmatter, Ritalincel and 4 others
JFL I remember when I asked my barber to give me a fade(black haircut) and leave behind some stubble. I thought I was pretty Tyrone looking. But when I went to school this 5'0 tall curry bitch who's looksmatch is probably postmaxxing on .co as we speak gave me dirty looks.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter, Butthurt Dweller, impure666 and 1 other person

• Woah
Reactions: androidcel
Not so friendly tbh

• Woah
Reactions: androidcel

• Love it
Reactions: itsoverbuddyboyo
JFL I remember when I asked my barber to give me a fade(black haircut) and leave behind some stubble. I thought I was pretty Tyrone looking. But when I went to school this 5'0 tall curry bitch who's looksmatch is probably postmaxxing on .co as we speak gave me dirty looks.

my looksmax is probably getting fucked by chad daily
True pain is watching your once NW0 hairline gradually recede further and further back into nothingness day after day. Torture. Absolute torture.

• +1
Reactions: itsoverbuddyboyo and androidcel
my looksmax is probably getting fucked by chad daily
The funny thing is that probably is your looksmatch. Some of the ugliest bitches I mog the shit out of mog act like hot shit at my college.

The funny thing is that probably is your looksmatch. Some of the ugliest bitches I mog the shit out of mog act like hot shit at my college.
my looksmax is like 4'5-4'10

i think im a 2/10 in reality i guess im more like a 1