Funny how Physiognomists were right

hypernormie

hypernormie

Only the truth is beautiful.
Plenty of studies out there showing humans can accurately judge personality traits from facial features.

I would link them but that’s a lot of work and they’re not hard to find.

Our modern age is divorced from instinct. Everything must be explained rationally.

The problem is that’s antithetical to what instinct is. The whole point of instincts are that you can’t explain everything rationally. If you could, they wouldn’t be instincts.

I follow my instincts heavily and sometimes I’m challenged for it. I’m pretty quick so I can usually deduce and then articulate what my instincts are trying to tell me if I give it some thought but sometimes I can’t.

It always ends up however that later on when I’ve sat down to ponder why I did a certain thing, or thought some particular way about a situation I can figure out the rationale behind what my gut was signaling.

I often know that somebody is incorrect in an argument for example but don’t always know why and then go home and research the topic and find out I was accurate in my judgement and the facts are on my side.

Hilarious how fucked we probably are from this fact alone. “Oh naturalistic fallacy bro, that’s an appeal to nature.” Imbeciles. Millions of years of sexual selection, billions of organisms engaged in a life or death struggle but because you can’t explain it rationally in the present day you doubt. Keep trying to out think nature with your little brain that comparatively just became aware of your situation.

Needing everything to make perfect sense is an obsession in the modern age, especially bad among many apparently “intelligent” people. Fundamentally though it’s just weakness, excessive risk aversion and fear of making the wrong choice. I wouldn’t even call it Hubris because at least in Hubris is some form of confidence. This pattern of thinking however is antithetical to confidence. It’s the embodiment of anxiety and frankly I’m tired of being surrounded by cowards.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss, radicalrationalist, ElTruecel and 2 others
hypernormie

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ElTruecel, LancasteR and Deleted member
The war on physiognomy is an inevitable extension of the gas lighting that has taken place over the past 70 years against natural tribalism and sexism, specifically the efforts to convince people there are no inherent differences between races and sexes.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, hypernormie, radicalrationalist and 2 others
cope, i got a chad personality

• Love it
Reactions: hypernormie
  • +1
Reactions: hypernormie
Its really not hard to find them

I didn’t link them because that wasn’t really the point

I’m more concerned with the war on instincts than I am with how accurately we can identify personality via the face

a lot of work, but also not hard. peak .org 2024
I linked a few in the thread anyway. It felt like a lot of work in the moment I was just being lazy