Furosemide side effects

JD_25

JD_25

Iron
I took 40mg furosemide today and can barely stand up straight. A few weeks ago I was taking 40mg everyday, even up to 60mg on some days and was just fine. Did that for about two weeks. Was feeling more bloated again so I just took a 40mg dose like I had before but now this time I have every single symptom of a major electrolyte imbalance. Can the furosemide be causing this and this quickly?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: shalomnigga, Miant Gimplants and UrGirlsMcm
I took 40mg furosemide today and can barely stand up straight. A few weeks ago I was taking 40mg everyday, even up to 60mg on some days and was just fine. Did that for about two weeks. Was feeling more bloated again so I just took a 40mg dose like I had before but now this time I have every single symptom of a major electrolyte imbalance. Can the furosemide be causing this and this quickly?
How can someone be so stupid

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: proxyy, PsychoH and maxxmclooks
Lmao my b, prepared myself to take this shit tho posting on here
u should use it only in special occasions. Obv you’re going to be more bloated than usual like 1-2 days after taking it (rebound effect—> aldosterone secretion, so the body gets rid of potassium and retains sodium and water)
Also furosemide is fucking up your kidneys. Tbh I’d do blood test to see if everything is okay

• +1
Reactions: baldgeeza and JD_25
u should use it only in special occasions. Obv you’re going to be more bloated than usual like 1-2 days after taking it (rebound effect—> aldosterone secretion, so the body gets rid of potassium and retains sodium and water)
Also furosemide is fucking up your kidneys. Tbh I’d do blood test to see if everything is okay
Ight, thanks for the advice, how long would u say until symptoms go away? A day or two?

Ight, thanks for the advice, how long would u say until symptoms go away? A day or two?
like 3-4 days, electrolyte imbalance is no joke

• +1
Reactions: proxyy and JD_25
like 3-4 days, electrolyte imbalance is no joke
Ok, appreciate u for the genuine answers, I’ll try to get some potassium and sodium foods or some shit idk

• +1
Reactions: its_over
Ok, appreciate u for the genuine answers, I’ll try to get some potassium and sodium foods or some shit idk
You can also Drink water with an electrolyte powder

everyday is just retarded. i took it yesterday at 2 pm. i’m still debloated at 10 pm the next day

• +1
Reactions: proxyy and UrGirlsMcm
everyday is just retarded. i took it yesterday at 2 pm. i’m still debloated at 10 pm the next day
I know, I stopped this was the first time in weeks. That’s why I’m surprised I’m getting symptoms from a single day of taking it versus when I took it for 2 weeeks straight and no symptoms

I know, I stopped this was the first time in weeks. That’s why I’m surprised I’m getting symptoms from a single day of taking it versus when I took it for 2 weeeks straight and no symptoms
yeah weird. what have u changed in ur life in that time period? diet? drinking less water? etc

yeah weird. what have u changed in ur life in that time period? diet? drinking less water? etc
No idea. Lesson learned, I’m throwing this shit out. Not worth the risks. Plus I learned how fucking serious low sodium is. Not worth permanent neurological damage for a little bit skinner face lmao

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
just got my lasix , how many mg do you need to debloat in ur experience?

• +1
Reactions: JD_25
just got my lasix , how many mg do you need to debloat in ur experience?
try 80. take potassium pills or eat it through bananas and drink a moderate amount of water. if u don’t like results try 120 next time that’s what pnuemo does

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, lowiqNormie and JD_25
try 80. take potassium pills or eat it through bananas and drink a moderate amount of water. if u don’t like results try 120 next time that’s what pnuemo does
Should we be worried about sodium control too or nah?

did 50 mg and drinking 5g potassium chloride as we speak tastes like death tho

Last edited:
Stop taking it so often