Gaining Weight: The Easy Way

mrZed

mrZed

Bismillah

Gaining Weight. The Easy Way.

Intro (skippable)

If you're anything like me, you've tried every method and watched every video on gaining weight, but you just can't. You might hear some fat person tell you, "Just eat, bro," but they don't get it—no matter how much you eat, you just lose it too quickly.

In this thread, I'll be (very briefly) discussing the basics of gaining weight and then give you something that's never been properly discussed on this forum before: appetite-stimulating pills.

How do I gain weight? (skippable if you know the super basics)
Very simply, use this website to find your maintenance calories (look for the 'Maintain Weight' section) and round it up generously (e.g., if it's 2,385, round it to 2,500, or if it's 2,723, round it to 2,900). Now, add 500–800 depending on how fast you want to (and are able to) gain weight. I'd recommend starting at 500 and increasing consistently. From now on, memorize that number and never forget it. I don't want you to sit there and count your calories every 20 minutes like a nerd, but do check how many calories your meals are and keep a mental note. If you eat only your maintenance or below it, remember that you will never gain weight and will stay weak.

Comparing appetite stimulating pills
In my opinion, there are really only three super-safe options that won't affect your hormones or growth negatively. Here they are, ranked from best to worst (for most young people):

1. Cyproheptadine
2. Mirtazapine
3. Megestrol Acetate

Other than these three (and MK-677, which is too expensive for most), the other options are, in my opinion, unsafe, and I will not mention their names.

Now, what are each of these three, and what makes one better than the other:

1. Cyproheptadine: An antihistamine with antiserotonergic properties. (Good) Side effects include: increases appetite by blocking certain serotonin receptors (yes, this decreases serotonin, you blackpillers); helps with insomnia relief, and helps you get better sleep. (Negative) side effects include: dry throat, dizziness, and IF TAKEN INCORRECTLY, potential mild decrease in HGH secretion.

2. Mirtazapine: An antidepressant that blocks certain serotonin and histamine receptors. (Good) side effects include: increases appetite and promotes weight gain; helps improve mood and sleep due to its sedative effects. (Bad) side effects include: sedation and drowsiness, weight gain, dry mouth, constipation, and increased cholesterol levels.

3. Megestrol Acetate: A progestin used to increase appetite and promote weight gain. (Good) side effects include: strong appetite stimulation and significant weight gain; improves nutritional status in people. (Bad) side effects include: hormonal effects that can suppress testosterone and other hormones; risk of blood clots; adrenal suppression; fluid retention; high blood sugar; gastrointestinal issues.

Which should I take, and what can i expect from it?
Cyproheptadine is a good option if you want to increase your appetite quickly and have the added benefit of better sleep. It’s safe for young people and generally has fewer serious side effects. Expect to gain about an additional 3–4 kg (6–8 lbs) per month. (Cheapest: around $10 a month)

Mirtazapine is ideal if you also suffer from depression or insomnia, as it improves mood and sleep while boosting appetite. It's suitable for those who need a bit more appetite stimulation but can tolerate some sedation. Weight gain is usually around an additional 3–4 kg (6–8 lbs) per month. (Mid-price: around $25 a month)

Megestrol Acetate is the strongest for increasing appetite and weight gain, making it best for those with severe weight loss or medical conditions. However, it has more risks, especially in terms of hormonal effects and blood clots. It can lead to significant additional weight gain of 3–5 kg (6–11 lbs) per month, but it's typically reserved for specific cases under close medical supervision. (Expensive: around $60 a month)

There's also MK-677, which I won't discuss, as there is already plenty of information available about it (very expensive: cost varies).

My Journey
I have begun taking Cyproheptadine. I take 4 mg 2x a day: once as soon as I wake up (6 am) with vitamins and such, and once about 30 minutes before lunch (1 pm). If I'm not naturally hungry, I'll take another dose when I'm home (around 4 pm). I then sleep around 10–11 pm. It costs around $7 a month where I live and doesn't require a prescription. After the first week, the side effects are minimal, but the hunger and tiredness are real.

Keep in mind your access to these medications depends on where you live, as some areas will require a prescription.

Let me know if I missed anything. Thank you for reading.

It never ends

• JFL
Reactions: CoreSchizo
Just eat more
That is my advice for most people, this is just info on these types of pills so that people dont take the wrong one. someone told me he was going to take a pill which, which minimal research, shows its for african cancer and aids patients and majorly fucks your hormones

Dnr. Its fucking simply:
Want to gain weight: eat more
Want to lose weight: eat less

• +1
Reactions: Zaves