Gambling loss story

Carolus

Carolus

Banker
Started with about 25$, bet small/medium(safe bets) on soccer over a few weeks to get up to 400$. Proceeded to play some roulette, small/medium till I lucked up to about 900$. It was 50/50 in my mind whether or not I should cash out or keep going. I rationalised to keep it going because in this clown world it's all in or nothing.
Then I lost it all on the same shitty roulette and same shitty soccer teams.

Tbh gambling makes me feel more alive/more joy than I've felt in years doing anything else, when it goes your way there's nothing like it. Everything else in life is so dogshit rn so the winnings were a nice change.. so you want more, then you lose a little and you chase your loss. Then you lose it all, because all of a sudden nothing is going your way. Back to nothing, you feel worse off then you did before. Yada yada this is nothing new to people who've gambled, but I just wanted to vent a little.

I'm getting a wageslave payout in a couple of days so I guess I'll try to work my way up with the small bets again? Depressing.

• +1
Reactions: mazzi, Patient A, AutismMaxing and 1 other person
At least you enjoyed yourself...

most I ever lost was 20 but I’m not much of a risk taker honestly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Carolus
dont get me started. i had 1 mil channel points on twitch. this nigga was on a 10 game loss streak and every odd stacked against him, so i bet all my points on his loss. he ends up winning and i lost all my points :rage:. i reported his twitch and never watched him again.

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Bitch, Carolus and Deleted member 9787
dont get me started. i had 1 mil channel points on twitch. this nigga was on a 10 game loss streak and every odd stacked against him, so i bet all my points on his loss. he ends up winning and i lost all my points :rage:. i reported his twitch and never watched him again.
jfl who, T1? I would've gambled with twitch points as well, but my country doesn't allow it. It allows me to lose all my life savings if I want to, but twitch points? There's the line in the sand. 🤡

At least you enjoyed yourself...

most I ever lost was 20 but I’m not much a risk taker honestly
True, I did. I've always been a gambling man. Don't bet if you can't deal with loss tbh(even though I personally absolutely despise losing)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9787
Started with about 25$, bet small/medium(safe bets) on soccer over a few weeks to get up to 400$. Proceeded to play some roulette, small/medium till I lucked up to about 900$. It was 50/50 in my mind whether or not I should cash out or keep going. I rationalised to keep it going because in this clown world it's all in or nothing.
Then I lost it all on the same shitty roulette and same shitty soccer teams.

Tbh gambling makes me feel more alive/more joy than I've felt in years doing anything else, when it goes your way there's nothing like it. Everything else in life is so dogshit rn so the winnings were a nice change.. so you want more, then you lose a little and you chase your loss. Then you lose it all, because all of a sudden nothing is going your way. Back to nothing, you feel worse off then you did before. Yada yada this is nothing new to people who've gambled, but I just wanted to vent a little.

I'm getting a wageslave payout in a couple of days so I guess I'll try to work my way up with the small bets again? Depressing.
It sounds like you are addicted to gambling.

If you enjoy it, then great but this won't get you anywhere in the long run. The law of large numbers, and regression to the mean always takes over.

If you really enjoy it, I suggest you take a look at r/wallstreetbets because you'll have much better Odds. You can research the companies they talk about on there and only buy what you believe will get really big long term.

Also consider diversification. Even if you stick with sports betting, diversification will lower your risks. If you take repeated all or nothing bets you will ALWAYS loose all your money eventually. If you split your money into three or four bets you strongly believe will work out, then if one of them doesn't work out and the other ones work out well, then you're still good.