Gandy—birdcel/subhuman jaw to far more robust after teenagehood?

t50prince

t50prince

Iron
IMG 1960

IMG 1966

Is this life fuel for teencels with downward growth/short ramus? His profile was actually death tier. I know the jaw experiences rotation and the ramus can grow rapidly (more so than the body of the mandible) when you’re 17-18, and perhaps later if you’re a “late bloomer” like Gandy.

IMG 1962

The mandible also undergoes rotational change due to the rotation that occurs in the core of the jaw, called internal rotation, and due to surface bone remodelling and alterations in the rate of tooth eruption leading to external rotation (A). The internal rotation essentially consists of rotation around the condyle (matrix rotation, 25%; B)and rotation centred within the body of the mandible (intramatrix rotation, 75%; B). The combination of internal and external rotation results into the overall change in the orientation of the jaw. In majority of the individuals, the core of the mandible, the bone that surrounds the inferior alveolar nerve, rotates during growth in a manner that tends to decrease the mandibular plane (MP) angle (up anteriorly and down posteriorly).
IMG 1963

Riolo ML, et al. An atlas of craniofacial growth. 1974.

“Mandibular growth was found to involve an upward and forward rotation, a result of posterior vertical growth exceeding anterior vertical growth.” — Sharma P, et al. Age Changes of Jaw and Soft Tissue. 2014

Thoughts? I know his stubble frauds somewhat, but his gonial angle changed and ramus lengthened noticeably, but can I get some anecdotes or insight? Has similar growth occurred for you or someone you know?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: polishcel and m0ss26
I suspect he had an insane spurt around 18-19. Also notice the brow ridge, dorsal hump, etc.

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26
jew nose with 0 prime jb appeal

Nope.

Just different lighting, angle, and fat loss with age.

No hope after 15-17 sorry.