Genio Surgery Is Next Week

deepweb1298

deepweb1298

Gold
Foto no exif 1

inb4f i need bimax, legit consulted 10 max facs including zarrinbal and none of them would do bimax on me. Only 1 was @CosmicMaxxer's Steinbacher where i suggested a le fort 2, or an OBO which he quoted like $50k which i dont have.

Plan is potentially 6mm forwards, however he said that on the operating table the exact movements might be changed so i'm flexible.
Also asked him about chin widening i.e. putting a bone graft and doing a T-shaped osteotomy for more chin width. He said he could do this but he was against me getting it for aesthetic reasons.

Surgeon:

I consulted with him last year but at that time i wanted to see if i could potentially get bimax elsewhere, once i found out it wasn't feasible I went back to him in May then managed to scheduled a surgery for July. So pretty quick surgery date and plus its in the UK, I cba travelling countries to Rameiri or Alfaro. It's more expensive but logistically its better and quicker.

Tagging some users who might be interested:
@Gaia262 @DoctorLooksmax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901, fuckedupmanlet, Wallenberg and 1 other person
Just want to get these surgeries over and done with. Im done with potentially getting bimax or some insane surgery like LL. Im 25 rn and want to live my life and dont have to constantly think about the next huge surgery

• +1
Reactions: oldslapcel, ROTTING, Wallenberg and 1 other person

inb4f i need bimax, legit consulted 10 max facs including zarrinbal and none of them would do bimax on me. Only 1 was @CosmicMaxxer's Steinbacher where i suggested a le fort 2, or an OBO which he quoted like $50k which i dont have.

Plan is potentially 6mm forwards, however he said that on the operating table the exact movements might be changed so i'm flexible.
Also asked him about chin widening i.e. putting a bone graft and doing a T-shaped osteotomy for more chin width. He said he could do this but he was against me getting it for aesthetic reasons.

Surgeon:

I consulted with him last year but at that time i wanted to see if i could potentially get bimax elsewhere, once i found out it wasn't feasible I went back to him in May then managed to scheduled a surgery for July. So pretty quick surgery date and plus its in the UK, I cba travelling countries to Rameiri or Alfaro. It's more expensive but logistically its better and quicker.

@Gaia262 @DoctorLooksmax

Nice man, good luck 💪

Let me know if you need any help or advice.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: deepweb1298
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: zeek and Gaia262
Nice man, good luck 💪

Let me know if you need any help or advice.
Cant remember if you said in your Jaw surgery thread but how did take care of the intraoral incisions to prevent infection or re-opening of the sutures? Im planning for soft diet of soups, pasta etc for like a week and also after every meal wash my mouth with corsodyl mouthwash

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Cant remember if you said in your Jaw surgery thread but how did take care of the intraoral incisions to prevent infection or re-opening of the sutures? Im planning for soft diet of soups, pasta etc for like a week and also after every meal wash my mouth with corsodyl mouthwash

Yup after every meal to brush teeth and to rinse with a antibacterial mouthwash.

Also after a few days you can lightly brush the sutures to remove any trapped foods.

Also best to have a soup diet for a week or two just to minimise chewing.

Yup after every meal to brush teeth and to rinse with a antibacterial mouthwash.

Also after a few days you can lightly brush the sutures to remove any trapped foods.

Also best to have a soup diet for a week or two just to minimise chewing.
great thanks for that, soup diets gonna be a pain cause i like to chew stuff. Ive heard genio recovery is pretty tame so hopefully will be healed up in a few weeks. Also I think smoothies are pretty good? Like blended oats that are soaked overnight in blended fruit + milk + some protein powder and yoghurt. No chewing involved for those all together

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
great thanks for that, soup diets gonna be a pain cause i like to chew stuff. Ive heard genio recovery is pretty tame so hopefully will be healed up in a few weeks. Also I think smoothies are pretty good? Like blended oats that are soaked overnight in blended fruit + milk + some protein powder and yoghurt. No chewing involved for those all together

Sure, I would double check with your surgeon but I don't see any significant issues.

Maybe im just overthinking but Soups tend to be sterile from being heated, plus more nutrient dense, can be made low carb/sugar, so it doesn't feed bacteria as easy.

• +1
I would saved up and done the obo for 50k.

I would saved up and done the obo for 50k.
for that i would need a consult with an occuloplastic for a pfl lengthening since obo reduces your pfl so thats another 20-30k.

Jfl Steinbacher is blackpilled as hell

• +1

Surgeon:

@Gaia262 @DoctorLooksmax
You and me in the same boat bro. I was about to go down the rabbit hole with bimax and rly fuck up my life. But I realized bimax can go horribly horribly wrong if not done perfectly and isn’t worth the risk of looking like quagmire or a chimp esp w my slight bimaxillary protrusion. So I have genio on the 21st this month as we spoke about before. We’ll be recovering at the same time. Can’t wait to see how we turn out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27066 and deepweb1298
Good luck OP. Tell us how everything goes.

• +1
You and me in the same boat bro. I was about to go down the rabbit hole with bimax and rly fuck up my life. But I realized bimax can go horribly horribly wrong if not done perfectly and isn’t worth the risk of looking like quagmire or a chimp esp w my slight bimaxillary protrusion. So I have genio on the 21st this month as we spoke about before. We’ll be recovering at the same time. Can’t wait to see how we turn out.
What made you decide against it?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
@deepweb1298 I am going to book similar surgery to you with Mr Manolis Heliotis also very soon.

Could you give us an update how did your surgery go? :)

@deepweb1298 I am going to book similar surgery to you with Mr Manolis Heliotis also very soon.

Could you give us an update how did your surgery go? :)
The result has been good tbh however I don't know if its an issue with me but my chin is still pretty numb feeling. So I haven't gained 100% feeling in the chin area. And its been nearly over a year since ive had it done

The result has been good tbh however I don't know if its an issue with me but my chin is still pretty numb feeling. So I haven't gained 100% feeling in the chin area. And its been nearly over a year since ive had it done
Nerve damage takes forever to heal, a year might be a little long though so if it’s concerning you it’s better to get it checked out

Nerve damage takes forever to heal, a year might be a little long though so if it’s concerning you it’s better to get it checked out
yeah you're right probably i should check in with the surgeon just been so busy with life lol. Been away from the forum for a while

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
yeah you're right probably i should check in with the surgeon just been so busy with life lol. Been away from the forum for a while
It’s normal.

I cut myself deep with a knife back in 2009, the nerve of my right index was hit. To this day I still haven’t recovered 100% of the sensation in this finger.

Invasive surgeries have risks and cons. I’d rather have a bit of numbness in my chin for the rest of my life than look like a recessed
subhuman.

• +1
It’s normal.

I cut myself deep with a knife back in 2009, the nerve of my right index was hit. To this day I still haven’t recovered 100% of the sensation in this finger.

Invasive surgeries have risks and cons. I’d rather have a bit of numbness in my chin for the rest of my life than look like a recessed
subhuman.
yeah but its definitely annoying. Wonder if theres something I can take to speed up the nerves healing up.

• +1
Reactions: Jawson
Ayee, I see thanks for the reply. Amazing to know it went well, cheers for the reply :)

• +1