Genioplasty + Gonion implants vs Wraparound Jaw implant?

D

Deleted member 21661

You need to commit crime
What should I opt for?
I mean the main debate is implant vs genioplasty but this can be expanded a little, since wraparound jaw should give me similar results to both gonions + genio right? I would definitely benefit from more lower third mass especially my chin

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn, It'snotover and Deleted member 25938
You seem to have a good lower third though, prettyboy appeal. Do you really want to go for the masc look?

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
If your chin bone is small genioplasty can’t give you robust look. Also most surgeons are not willing to improve width.
I feel projection and height = Genio and then custom chin implant for width and robustness.

• +1
Reactions: mattix, Allornothing, 5.5psl and 3 others
Wraparound often results in botch.

Genioplasty is water surgery and almost never end up in botch nor does it look uncanny as it is osteotomy.

Gonion implants is more tricky but there is less risk of botch because there is less surface covered.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mattix, malicieusss, 5.5psl and 4 others
You seem to have a good lower third though, prettyboy appeal. Do you really want to go for the masc look?
Really? Have you seen me?
I think I look more masthetic tbh.

If your chin bone is small genioplasty can’t give you robust look. Also most surgeons are not willing to improve width.
I feel projection and height = Genio and then custom chin implant for width and robustness.
Yeah I'm mainly looking for projection and height My chin width itself is fine, but I want a more robust lower third overall. Though I guess wraparound implant would help that. I'm just nervous that if someone punched my chin for whatever reason I'd be fucked lol

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and Deleted member 25938
You should not do a wraparound implant... either do a genio or chin implant plus jaw angles at the back as mid mandible width from a wraparound gives a bloated look. If your chin is good width and you want projection/height go for the genio plus angles.

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius and Deleted member 21661
Do not get a wraparound implant.

Augmenting the mandibular body is utterly pointless at best. Focus on posterior angles and chin only.

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss, jamesjohnsmith1959, Deleted member 21661 and 1 other person
It's easily reversed or revised, though. If you get a genioplasty you don't like, it's a more serious surgery to alter it further, and has a higher chance of nerve damage. Not to mention it's probably cheaper just do do a wraparound jaw implant compared to a genioplasty + custom jaw implants (and if you do jaw implants, you need to go custom).

I usually like genioplasty, but in this case, I'd recommend a wraparound jaw implant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21661

Genioplasty is water surgery and almost never end up in botch nor does it look uncanny as it is osteotomy.

Gonion implants is more tricky but there is less risk of botch because there is less surface covered.
Are jaw fillers a better replacement for gonion implants ??

Are jaw fillers a better replacement for gonion implants ??
It depends.

If you're a narrowjawcel with inwards gonions such as me then fillers won't be enough. It would require way too much ml.However if you need 5-6 mls here and there then it's a good solution.Problem is you need to find a good injector and you'll have to top up each year for maintenance.

• +1
Reactions: malicieusss and 5.5psl
It's easily reversed or revised, though. If you get a genioplasty you don't like, it's a more serious surgery to alter it further, and has a higher chance of nerve damage. Not to mention it's probably cheaper just do do a wraparound jaw implant compared to a genioplasty + custom jaw implants (and if you do jaw implants, you need to go custom).

I usually like genioplasty, but in this case, I'd recommend a wraparound jaw implant.

99% of wraparounds look like shit except the ones that have next to zero mid mandible projection so angles plus genio/chin implant is the way to go.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 21661 and VenatorLuparius
99% of wraparounds look like shit except the ones that have next to zero mid mandible projection so angles plus genio/chin implant is the way to go.
This is complete bullshit. The majority of wraparound implants look decent to good. You are probably basing your opinion on the 5 examples of wraparound implants on extremely recessed jaws that have been reposted here 10+ times each. And jaw implants iwth mid mandible projection are the most natural-looking.

This is complete bullshit. The majority of wraparound implants look decent to good. You are probably basing your opinion on the 5 examples of wraparound implants on extremely recessed jaws that have been reposted here 10+ times each. And jaw implants iwth mid mandible projection are the most natural-looking.
Can you post some examples of good wraparounds ?

To be more clear... in most of the after photos the person does look BETTER than before; however, compared to a jaw angles plus chin (non-wraparound) they're not even close as those give a much more angular look. And if the person is recessed no implant will really look that good anyway as they need a bimax beforehand. I'm not saying they all look terrible but separate chin plus angles will give a superior result.

I'm not saying they all look terrible but separate chin plus angles will give a superior result.
I've looked extensively for jaw implant results and have not seen many good results chin implant+jaw angle implant separately. If you have some pictures of that, I'd like to look at them.

Can you post some examples of good wraparounds ?
Zilj tomcruise beforeafter snx3vweu0ut51 copy Zil wraparoundjawimplant 2410849 1617526245889 Zil MichaelWeaver ctpatient1

• +1
Reactions: ShazamM and Deleted member 25995
2497274 u891kYe

• JFL
Reactions: ripcordgod1
Why not get custom chin implant for width and forward projection?