Getting a palate expander at 18

D

Deleted member 32486

Kraken
Smile

I had braces until age 16, made my palate is brutally fucking narrow compared to the rest of my face. I am going to talk to my Mom about getting a palate expander (I'm on her insurance) and paying for whatever the insurance doesn't cover myself. Does this plan seem solid? Will a palate expander help my shitty smile? Or should I get MSE (it will be a while before I can afford that)? Also, would a palate expander help with my cheekbone definition?

• +1
Reactions: blmratiopiggypoop and Krakowski
Research it yourself instead rather than taking advice from permarotters

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Thorsten, blmratiopiggypoop and Deleted member 32486
will definitely help your smile but all mouth expanders (MSE, palate expanders, SARPE, etc) are super controversial on this site as some people say they hardly change your face whatsoever, some say its a huge looksmax and some say it will make you look worse. I'd probably just consult your dentist or whatever and discuss how itll change ur face and other options even if it sounds awkward or embarrassing

• +1
Reactions: vampyre
Your maxilla and mandible is fine, you have the buccal corridors so sfot would be a good move in order to fill out your tooth smile. Your jaw is fine, but your skin is absolute shit. Fix your gut and diet, eat real food, and eat carrots and get more sun. The only real failo you have is your eye area, its not horrendous, but it's not appealing.

Go for it ngl, you are really young so you got plenty of time to get other stuff in the future.

yes but you will need MSE at your age

you have a decent facial width already, even though your palate is narrow, and so you will see good cheek bone and smile results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
yes but you will need MSE at your age

you have a decent facial width already, even though your palate is narrow, and so you will see good cheek bone and smile results.
how do i go about getting a palate expander at 15?